• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

It Ain't Me Top 10 next Week? Is it possible? :duca:

Just now, bjnono001 said:

That's not how you compare them.. that's like saying that airplay should dwarf Sales even when Hello sold 1.1M, because 150M > 1M.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying they should at least be more equal than they are now. If they were equal, comparing 180M audience to 67M streaming, and also considering that SOY is still putting up great sales and streaming numbers, it's clearly obvious that streaming is being weighted FAR too heavily in the current algorithm. 67M in streaming got Kendrick the number one, while SOY has 180M in airplay, as well as high sales and streaming figures. It doesn't make sense imo.

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, I.T. said:

Justin Bieber's power making a trash song like despacito a hit ?? I really don't like that it's being given all these honors of "Latin song in over blah blah years" when it is bc of a Spanglish remix it is smashing. ?

despacito was already smashing in basically every hispanophone country wdym... many latinos in the US were already stanning as well

there's still a possibilty (very high) thatm Bieber remix for despacito will get music video

1 minute ago, nick4bty said:

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying they should at least be more equal than they are now. If they were equal, comparing 180M audience to 67M streaming, and also considering that SOY is still putting up great sales and streaming numbers, it's clearly obvious that streaming is being weighted FAR too heavily in the current algorithm. 67M in streaming got Kendrick the number one, while SOY has 180M in airplay, as well as high sales and streaming figures. It doesn't make sense imo.

That's like saying if something has a lot of airplay and high on sales chart even though the numbers are still low but low streaming they shouldn't be number 1.

2 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

5 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

The Hot 100 definitely doesn't have any accuracy issues right now. If anything, streaming's influence needs to be increased. Billboard is irrationally stubborn about making sure sales don't fall below their current level of influence.

Increasing the influence of sales wouldn't make kendrick number two anyways. He outsold and out-streamed ed. The number reported for Kendrick did not include CMA effect (which factors into the HOT 100). According Kworb (which does report CMA numbers), Kendrick outsold Bruno too.

Just now, alexis said:

any chance despacito goes top 5 next week @simmnfierzig :dancehall:

I really don't know yet

1 minute ago, ThirdWardBey said:

I don't want to hear the only 5 days of sales excuse for The Cure when Formation, Sorry, Hold Up, Pray You Catch Me, 6 Inch, Freedom, and All Night all debuted higher with the same sales period. :celestial5:

nnn let's not pretend a highly anticipated album that did extremely well (i think record breaking for female 1st week?) on streaming despite only being on Tidal and a surprise single from someone still trying to win back the public are on the same level :skull:

of course those songs performed better; everyone was perched for more Bey, but people are just now remembering Nosega is still around

Gagita's not where she was commercially, so comparing her to Beyoncé at arguably her biggest cultural peak so far is ridiculous

7 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Humble:

67.4M Streaming

23M Radio

56k Sales

Shape of You:

39.5M Streaming

184M Radio

66k Sales

So basically, you're saying that 28M extra streams shouldn't be worth as much as 10k sales and 161M airplay combined. But two years ago the #1 streaming song wouldn't even come close 28m streams, but a 10k difference in sales would basically be nothing and 161M airplay for a song would be a lot, but not groundbreaking or come close to breaking any records. That's why 28M streams should be worth more than 10k sales + 160M airplay.

Edit, just realized that Humble actually sold more copies than SOY, but due to Complete My Album the number given is smaller. So Humble actually had a small sales advantage PLUS a massive streaming advantage.

Edited by bjnono001

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

I really don't know yet

ok thank you for always being nice and answering:flower:

Wow this is really a win for rap. #1 with no feature, no selling out or trying to appeal to pop. Just think 3-4 years ago the only way for rap to go #1 was with an Australian girl faking a black accent or Macklemore with a million features and pop hooks. 

Was Despacito predicted to go that high? I am impressed that it climbed that much tbh.

Humble :clap3: 

Edited by UnusualBoy

3 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Radio should be a factor, but it's a poor metric for displaying what people like at the moment, since radio DJ's choose the playlists. Streaming and sales are better metrics IMO (and I think most people agree). Further, the radio metric has a large uncertainty associated with it I believe (can anyone confirm?). 

5 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

there's still a possibilty (very high) thatm Bieber remix for despacito will get music video

jb doesnt do music videos so i doubt this 

Off topic but what's up with all the snails as avis? :pukey:  @Yndda and Wonderland. 

Mariah's record remains safe. :party:

Kendrick outsold and outstreamed Ed. Obviously pop radio isn't going to play Kendrick as much as Ed Sheeran's No scrub's rip off. Stop complaining. 

At last, a #1 that is actually well-deserved. We did it kids.

Image result for kendrick lamar gif atrl

I still don't understand how much what weighs in charts though. Can Gaga and Styles get back into the top 10 once they release their MVs?

9 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

The Hot 100 definitely doesn't have any accuracy issues right now. If anything, streaming's influence needs to be increased. Billboard is irrationally stubborn about making sure sales don't fall below their current level of influence.

it does have accuracy issues but I don't think its streaming it's radio.