Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

When a Hip Hop track becomes a hit, it's a "viral song" or a "meme" but when a pop song is #1, it's a valid hit

tenor.gif

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

Also I do think that BB's chart is severely inaccurate. 

Number 3 on digital and number 39 on hot 100 shouldn't really be possible, even if the other 2 components are like 0 0, but considering The Cure did ok on streaming too should be at least top 20.. 

congrats to Kendrick! that Cheap Thrills remix better not be back on top next week though :biblio:

1 minute ago, Crank_It_Up said:

YAS! Thank you Kendrick! Mariah's record is now officially safe! 

I'm honestly thrilled Shape Of You has been dethroned. Now, can that song disappear? It comes on literally every 30 seconds on al of my stations. I mean, it's too over saturated! Castle On The Hill is so much better and should've been getting this type of success instead! :jonny: 

I'm not really sure though. i think it might be back to #1 next week. We'll have to see @simmnfierzig's predictions.

Just now, Mariano said:

you do realize that it had 5 days of sales and wasn't sent to radio ? :rip: It's official radio adds are tomorrow and that was decided after the song's success on all platforms. 

idc what the reason is, #39 is still not that great

but everything can happen with the radio adds coming

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

When a Hip Hop track becomes a hit, it's a "viral song" or a "meme" but when a pop song is #1, it's a valid hit

tenor.gif

the tea is boiling

tenor.gif 

kendrick stomping through :deadbanana3:

gaga narrowly crawling into the top 40 :deadbanana3:

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

tenor.gif

These gorls are so transparent. 

1 minute ago, Mariano said:

Number 3 on digital and number 39 on hot 100 shouldn't really be possible, even if the other 2 components are like 0 0, but considering The Cure did ok on streaming too should be at least top 20.. 

:cupid:

it didn't chart on radio or streaming charts

5 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Top 10 is truly a mess though. Kendrick at #1 with no airplay and Ed #2 with over 200M airplay shows how streaming is weighted far too heavily in the current algorithm. 

I can't stand Ed and would never root for him, but he honestly should be #1 still. The true travesty is the fact that Bruno will probably get blocked from that deserved #1

Ed only has 181M airplay by SoundScan measures, which is what BB uses. That is nowhere near historical, given the peak is 228M of Blurred Lines (225M peak for Happy, 190M peak for Uptown Funk, 195M for All of Me, point is there are many songs that have had stronger airplay than SOY). Meanwhile, Kendrick's 67M streaming is second only to Harlem Shake's 103M, so 67M streaming should be worth far more than 181M airplay imo.

Edited by bjnono001

3 minutes ago, Mariano said:

not really

the song did meh on streaming, quite on par with the #39 position, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't close to the top 20 strihming songs

and digital sales are all extremely close, so that don't make too much difference either :michael: 

Edited by Navyofbadgals

3 minutes ago, Mariano said:

two zeros will make a ton of difference, think about it

QueenofCopyPaste

67.4 million US streams for HUMBLE. :jonny:

The Hot 100 definitely doesn't have any accuracy issues right now. If anything, streaming's influence needs to be increased. Billboard is irrationally stubborn about making sure sales don't fall below their current level of influence.

1 minute ago, bjnono001 said:

Ed only has 181M airplay by SoundScan measures, which is what BB uses. That is nowhere near historical, given the peak is 228M of Blurred Lines. Meanwhile, Kendrick's 67M streaming is second only to Harlem Shake's 103M, so 67M streaming should be worth far more than 181M airplay imo.

That's a 3:1 ratio (even though it's different metrics) and you think it should be worth more? What sense does that make :deadbanana3:

2 minutes ago, MAGIA said:

10% english and 90% spanish, that's still an accomplishment. 

I look at as if Justin Bieber released a song entirely in Spanish and it broke all these records despite his native language being English ?

Mariah Carey sits in her mansion. She gets the update. Ed is dethroned, and can now rest easy for another year or two until WBT and OSD are challenged again. Evil has been defeated.

Just now, nick4bty said:

That's a 3:1 ratio (even though it's different metrics) and you think it should be worth more? What sense does that make :deadbanana3:

That's not how you compare them.. that's like saying that airplay should dwarf Sales even when Hello sold 1.1M, because 150M > 1M.

ThirdWardBey

I don't want to hear the only 5 days of sales excuse for The Cure when Formation, Sorry, Hold Up, Pray You Catch Me, 6 Inch, Freedom, and All Night all debuted higher with the same sales period. :celestial5:

6 minutes ago, Mariano said:

unfortunately this week, there were 38 songs that did better than lady gaga's "the cure". you should keep streaming and your hopes up for next week. 

also #39 is not that bad for her, so you should be happy.

tumblr_men7kfZXo71qd8zg3o1_250.gif

Edited by Hakunt