A dark theme is now available to ATRL+ members. ×

Taylor Swift - 'evermore'

Prison

cruelhprince
2 hours ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I know we all hate Scooter here and rightfully so, but he's so good at his job. I feel like she needs a manager or somebody to help her in regards to radio and playlists and all that. She and her team are inept and have been for a long time.

Yeah 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katyslut

• Prison

• TayDine1989

• Shendelzare

I don’t think Taylor is after hit singles anymore, and honestly that’s okay. She doesn’t really have anything left to prove anyway. It definitely feels like at this point in her career, she’s all about cementing her legacy, and hit singles don’t necessarily do that. What we need is for both albums to stay steadily selling, and for her to win at the Grammys. 

2 hours ago, 1989 said:

I don’t think Taylor is after hit singles anymore, and honestly that’s okay. She doesn’t really have anything left to prove anyway. It definitely feels like at this point in her career, she’s all about cementing her legacy, and hit singles don’t necessarily do that. What we need is for both albums to stay steadily selling, and for her to win at the Grammys. 

Ang guess what helps an album to sell steadily? A hit single. I feel like she only cares about the cute peaks since Me!th.

JasonGosling

How is Willow doing on radio at the moment?

And yeah, I don't agree with "She doesn't care about hit singles". I think every artist would care about the success of their artworks, either they are singles or albums. Also, hit singles will help album sales.

Russell22
48 minutes ago, JasonGosling said:

And yeah, I don't agree with "She doesn't care about hit singles". I think every artist would care about the success of their artworks, either they are singles or albums. Also, hit singles will help album sales.

It received a small negative update on pop radio yesterday. Still positive on HAC and AC. 

GiftFromGod

It's obvious the gp has become resistant to her songs.

She's a channel changer now. 

No amount of playlisting or payola can give her a hit at this point.

2 minutes ago, GiftFromGod said:

It's obvious the gp has become resistant to her songs.

She's a channel changer now. 

No amount of playlisting or payola can give her a hit at this point.

It's hard to tell because she literally hasn't released a worthwhile single in over 3 years (besides Delicate which was held back from having to follow up 3 GP flops)

she either released songs the GP would obviously find annoying (LWYMMD, Ready For It, End Fame, ME!, YNTCD, The Man) or boring (Cardigan, Lover)

Her only chance is to get the lead single right and if she released a Blank Space/Style/Wildest Dreams level serve she could probably get a real hit, but anyways she clearly has no idea what the GP wants for a lead single anymore so odds are it won't happen

Dark Horse

it really doesn't matter if taylor doesn't get another delicate-sized hit. everyone will know every word on her tours, and her albums are selling

GiftFromGod
1 minute ago, Jdella11 said:

It's hard to tell because she literally hasn't released a worthwhile single in over 3 years (besides Delicate which was held back from having to follow up 3 GP flops)

she either released songs the GP would obviously find annoying (LWYMMD, Ready For It, End Fame, ME!, YNTCD, The Man) or boring (Cardigan, Lover)

Her only chance is to get the lead single right and if she released a Blank Space/Style/Wildest Dreams level serve she could probably get a real hit, but anyways she clearly has no idea what the GP wants for a lead single anymore so odds are it won't happen

I'm still pressed she wasted all the hype for TS7 with ME!

She has NOT recovered since. 

Now the GP is just TIRED of her. 

28 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

it really doesn't matter if taylor doesn't get another delicate-sized hit. everyone will know every word on her tours, and her albums are selling

Exactly. :clap3:

By the Water
1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

This. I mean, the puta tour helped puta on the charts more than Delikat did.

And the GP doesn't care who sings which songs. As long as they like it, it'll be a hit. This reminds me of the ME!th era meltdowns when some of y'all claimed Taylor was weak in streaming and was surpassed by the Jonas brothers :rip:

Paranoid Android
2 hours ago, GiftFromGod said:

It's not like there are any actual chart/radio smashers in folklore/evermore. That's the whole point of the albums. 

4 hours ago, JasonGosling said:

She doesn't need "help" with album sales. folklore was the best-selling album of 2020 without a hit single in sight. If she cared about hit singles at the moment, she would have created a pop-friendly album and released the single before the album release.

She released Lana Del Rey-esque slow ballad with a pulled back production and depressing sound, co-releasing it with the album, dropped it without any kind of promotional rollout in the form of performances, and gave it no radio deal. 

Now look at the rollout for ME! Do you actually think she's still thinking about her singles? She doesn't need to. She sold more than 1 million pure copies of folklore last year in the US alone. 

2 hours ago, GiftFromGod said:

Who cares. :ahh: She's outselling, out-acclaiming, and has WAY more industry respect than any of the other artists who have hits with the "GP". :rip: Her fan base is so huge and she's so famous that this GP argument makes no sense. You're either a Taylor Swift fan or not, willing to check her out, or not. And the world is clearly not tired of her. 

TayDine1989

Tho Lover was a very messy era, I'm still very happy about it cause Lover, the song, was released. It's a very lovely song :alexz3:

I still want her to try pop after evermore or woodvale but pop with a substance. It'd be so awkward to have ME!-like songs after folklorevermore :fan:

Holiest Dreams

“The GP is tired of her” 

Because she doesn’t had a smash hit recently? I don’t see how anyone can draw this conclusion looking at the success of Lover, folklore, and now evermore. Fanbases make up a lot of the pure sales that older artists get but they don’t make up the streaming numbers she’s getting (which are phenomenal considering lack of playlisting). Willow is also stable in every way, and I don’t think we can say it’s over on radio yet just because of one bad update. We need to see a few more updates to decide if it’s truly over, which wouldn’t be surprising, but it’s just too early still to meltdown :rip: 

Let’s not be over-dramatic pls she’s the most streamed woman of 2020 with massive pure album sales, hit or no hit :deadbanana: 

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

“The GP is tired of her” 

Because she doesn’t had a smash hit recently? I don’t see how anyone can draw this conclusion looking at the success of Lover, folklore, and now evermore. Fanbases make up a lot of the pure sales that older artists get but they don’t make up the streaming numbers she’s getting (which are phenomenal considering lack of playlisting). Willow is also stable in every way, and I don’t think we can say it’s over on radio yet just because of one bad update. We need to see a few more updates to decide if it’s truly over, which wouldn’t be surprising, but it’s just too early still to meltdown :rip: 

Let’s not be over-dramatic pls she’s the most streamed woman of 2020 with massive pure album sales, hit or no hit :deadbanana: 

This is the peak of the approval for Taylor from the GP.

She just need better singles for TS10 and a very good rollout with radio deals, playlist exposure and good single choices, not palette cleansers.

Holiest Dreams
27 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

This is the peak of the approval for Taylor from the GP.

She just need better singles for TS10 and a very good rollout with radio deals, playlist exposure and good single choices, not palette cleansers.

Yeah, in terms of overall commercial success she may have peaked but it was a huge peak. But she seems to be the most liked and approved of by the GP she’s ever been. 

Willow is actually a great lead single choice but it wasn’t going to be a huge smash hit. I’m okay with it though as long as radio callouts are decent, cause it’s dwarfing Cardigan so far pretty much everywhere and in every metric. Plus, clearly these albums weren’t made to even really be sold from specific songs but as a whole, so I think Cardigan/Willow are successful given that. But I think Willow can do good numbers for a while and actually be considered a hit though.

Ampersand13
16 minutes ago, Russell22 said:

interesting

She comes back stronger than a nineties trend