Olivia O'Brien - “Better Than Feeling Lonely"

dangerousalex

Josslyn and Madison Beer’s Selfish are the biggest missed opportunities of 2020 in terms of potential pop hits. Island and Epic are so incompetent.

dangerousalex
36 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Josslyn and Madison Beer’s Selfish are the biggest missed opportunities of 2020 in terms of potential pop hits. Island and Epic are so incompetent.

Island actually tried with Josslyn though... multiple versions of the songs released, remix with 24kGoldn (a popular rapper at the moment), 2 music videos, sent to pop radio, unfortunately it just wasn't clicking :sadviolin:

1 minute ago, dangerousalex said:

Island actually tried with Josslyn though... multiple versions of the songs released, remix with 24kGoldn (a popular rapper at the moment), 2 music videos, sent to pop radio, unfortunately it just wasn't clicking :sadviolin:

Yeah, but playlisting was kinda poor. With Madison, it’s the opposite. Selfish was on TTH (!!!) and viral on TikTok with no radio spins to make a difference. It’s frustrating to see how their careers have been handled cause they’re both young with tons of potential.

dangerousalex
6 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Yeah, but playlisting was kinda poor. With Madison, it’s the opposite. Selfish was on TTH (!!!) and viral on TikTok with no radio spins to make a difference. It’s frustrating to see how their careers have been handled cause they’re both young with tons of potential.

Oh I 100% agree with Selfish, pulling it on radio adds date just for Baby to absolutely bomb in comparison was truly their worst mistake ever. Despite the absolute failure of Epic's promotion it still has incredible streaming stats

• 3 weeks later...
Delirious

the song has the potential to become a hit. it's playliusting on spotify right now is very very good

it's like in every new music friday playlist - with very good positioning especially USA :jonny4:

Lady Claire

This is cute but she has done better before. I have a problem with some of her songs because everything seems to be "there" but it lacks... a punch? If that makes sense.

Josslyn was when she got it right and it had a hell of a punch, might explain why it showed promise to be a hit. NOW has an amazing video but the song is grating... i just hate that ****ing chorus. This one is nice but forgettable.

I lowkey want her to work with better producers because the idea is there and the potential too, but it needs some reworking to become IT. This might be what is holding her back to fully breakout.

O9BIxh7.gif

• 4 weeks later...