Madonna Discography Rate (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

madonnas

Indie Go Mind

Currently doing this! I'm going chronologically, just like I did with Mariah's discography. 

I wouldn't want to pass up this chance to get into one of Pop Music's most prolific individuals. "The Queen Of Pop" Madonna.

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Oktober Knight

• Everest

• Poxy

I'm Breathless is so hard to rate. Some of them are fine ass songs in their own right, but how do you compare them to her standard type of songs :psyduck:

Listening to I'm So Stupid and I just remembered the first time I played it thinking my CD skipped when she went into that "aaaahhhh... aaaaahhhh" :dies:

American Life is AMAZING and you all have to deal. The only songs worth less than 7 are: I'm So Stupid, Nobody Knows Me, and Love Profusion. 

My reaction listening to MDNA for the first time in like 10 years

Britney-Spears-awkward-reaction-GIF.gif

Literally cringing at every. single. song... I... 

paulyyyozd
1 hour ago, Brando said:

American Life is AMAZING and you all have to deal. The only songs worth less than 7 are: I'm So Stupid, Nobody Knows Me, and Love Profusion. 

it's true, it's true. though I would put Intervention instead of I'm So Stupid in the bottom 3. the latter is underrated :celestial5:

tiagol88
14 minutes ago, Brando said:

My reaction listening to MDNA for the first time in like 10 years

Britney-Spears-awkward-reaction-GIF.gif

Literally cringing at every. single. song... I... 

What's cringe about Girl Gone Wild, I'm Addicted, I'm A Sinner, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free, etc? :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

What's cringe about Girl Gone Wild, I'm Addicted, I'm A Sinner, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free, etc? :deadbanana4:

They are all awful (apart from Masterpiece). Can't believe I liked them at the time. 

Is Madame X unlistenable on purpose :psyduck:

It's like the concept for the album was "Let's throw away everything that makes music enjoyable and try to stuff the songs with bizarre twists and turns just to shock people" 

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

It's like the concept for the album was "Let's throw away everything that makes music enjoyable and try to stuff the songs with bizarre twists and turns just to shock people" 

It's ExPeRiMeNtAl!!11!! :psyduck:

tiagol88
44 minutes ago, Brando said:

They are all awful (apart from Masterpiece). Can't believe I liked them at the time. 

37 minutes ago, Brando said:

The sheer length of Rebel Heart... what was she thinking :psyduck:

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

So...i'm guessing you're not a fan of her 10's output? :eddie:

5 minutes ago, ATWK said:

4 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

So...i'm guessing you're not a fan of her 10's output? :eddie:

I genuinely have a headache right now after skimming through those 3 albums :psyduck:

The amount of 1s I dished out.... 6 for MDNA, 10 for Madame X, 13 for Rebel Heart

tiagol88
2 minutes ago, Brando said:

I genuinely have a headache right now after skimming through those 3 albums :psyduck:

The amount of 1s I dished out.... 6 for MDNA, 10 for Madame X, 13 for Rebel Heart

That will be me while doing her 80's overrated albums tbh. At least the first 3, specially Like a Virgin and True Blue :deadbanana4:

Just now, tiagol88 said:

That will be me while doing her 80's overrated albums tbh. At least the first 3, specially Like a Virgin and True Blue :deadbanana4:

Like A Virgin and True Blue deserve the lashings. But you better leave MADONNA and Like A Prayer alone :pfff:

tiagol88
Just now, Brando said:

Like A Virgin and True Blue deserve the lashings. But you better leave MADONNA and Like A Prayer alone :pfff:

I will. It's one of her best for sure! :eddie:

Just now, tiagol88 said:

I will. It's one of her best for sure! :eddie:

Get into MADONNA. Probably the strongest MPG debut of all time. Literally no bad songs. 

tiagol88
10 minutes ago, Brando said:

Get into MADONNA. Probably the strongest MPG debut of all time. Literally no bad songs. 

Everybody is there.

15 hours ago, Madame X said:

coadf should have been a 6 song EP!

14 hours ago, Madame X said:

yeah theres literally no filler in hard candy.

oh. you’re one of those.

orwm8t7.thumb.jpg.ec1314eeb9ef4fb406104e

Edited by Nemo
3 hours ago, Brando said:

oh, here’s the tea!

yeah, i’m so stupid & love profusion are bottom 2. but i’m being generous to i’m so stupid because i think the hate it gets is a bit over-exaggerated. and i’m giving love profusion a 1 or maybe even 0 because imo it’s her most overrated single of her career. and that dreadful video sure didn’t do it any favors 

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

oh, here’s the tea!

yeah, i’m so stupid & love profusion are bottom 2. but i’m being generous to i’m so stupid because i think the hate it gets is a bit over-exaggerated. and i’m giving love profusion a 1 or maybe even 0 because imo it’s her most overrated single of her career. and that dreadful video sure didn’t do it any favors 

I gave I'm So Stupid a 7 :michael:

And Love Profusion the lowest score on the album. 

And thanks for reminding me of that video. That dress :mazen:

Sanctuary

Confessions is one of the most overrated Pop albums of all time, only outdone by Blackout.

I'll probably subtract 3-4 points from each song to course correct

1 hour ago, Brando said:

1 hour ago, ATWK said:

tumblr_mr72k0JT311qd8zg3o1_250.gif

it’s true, it’s true. it’s her best album since coadf. batuka is for sure getting a 0 from me, but other than that, there’s no truly bad songs (on the standard edition). dark ballet, killers who are partying, crave, crazy, come alive, extreme occident, i don’t search i find, looking for mercy >>>>>

Sanctuary

Madame eXcellence is ABSOLUTELY superior to coadf, btw

paulyyyozd

Madame X is horrible. Tiring, uninteresting (though it tries very hard), 0 replay value. It has 2-3 cute songs I'll give it that. But it's probably her worst album for me.