Madonna Discography Rate (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

madonnas

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Oktober Knight

• Everest

• Poxy

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
1 minute ago, V3$$3L. said:

ok

thank u :giraffe:

First time listening to Bedtime Stories in forever and it's def half and half for me, I should love songs like Survival IRBYL Forbidden Love cuz I love the whole 90s RnB sonic palette but the songs are just boring and she kinda gets carried by the track which shouldn't happen with her

Also Inside Of Me is kinda like a Mariah Charmbracelet track :skull: Like the whole singing about family in a intimate whispery voice with a little hurt girl perspective...I think that's a compliment. 

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
13 minutes ago, Reverie said:

First time listening to Bedtime Stories in forever and it's def half and half for me, I should love songs like Survival IRBYL Forbidden Love cuz I love the whole 90s RnB sonic palette but the songs are just boring and she kinda gets carried by the track which shouldn't happen with her

Also Inside Of Me is kinda like a Mariah Charmbracelet track :skull: Like the whole singing about family in a intimate whispery voice with a little hurt girl perspective...I think that's a compliment. 

survival/irbyl i could do without, even if they're cute.

sanctuary/forbidden love/inside of me are the gems for me, with the best single being human nature, i know thats very fomo of me to say, but its just so quintessentially madonna! 

13 minutes ago, Madame X said:

survival/irbyl i could do without, even if they're cute.

sanctuary/forbidden love/inside of me are the gems for me, with the best single being human nature, i know thats very fomo of me to say, but its just so quintessentially madonna! 

Human Nature and Inside of Me are definitely my top 2, can't deny the classics! Forbidden Love peaks in the first 10 seconds or so for me, Sanctuary is kinda just there for me tbh...

Also so grateful for Music to be there at the end of the Evita/ROL tunnel, thank god you took out most of the Evita songs

• #FreeBritney Activist

I’m almost finished, I should be submitting in a few days. :jonny:

bestfiction

Listening to Rebel Fart and honestly, I forgot how strong the first third of the album is. Even Devil Pray that I never cared about kinda slaps 

Edited by bestfiction
bestfiction

Averages so far:

Hard Grammy: 7.08

Rebel Fart standart: 6.61

Rebel Fart super deluxe: 5.96

MDNE: 5.41

Now onto the excellence. Madoom X is up next :eli:

Her debut is rly overrated sorry 

Physical Attraction is def a 10 tho and Borderline is 11 worthy

On 12/31/2020 at 5:35 PM, Poxy said:

What scores are we giving American Pie, everybody? I assume nothing less than a 9!!

One of the easiest 10s I gave :clap3: 

PiecesOfYou

I hope y'all will give a 10 to this masterpiece, the smash that got away 

Edited by PiecesOfYou
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
21 minutes ago, Doogle said:

so what tracks are weak?!

i mean, i know people hate on i know it and think of me.  fair... i guess.. you don't like lucky star/holiday/everybody/burning up?

GreatestLoveofAll
23 minutes ago, Doogle said:

? D you not see the talent and boppery in Holiday and Everybody at least?

1 minute ago, Madame X said:

so what tracks are weak?!

i mean, i know people hate on i know it and think of me.  fair... i guess.. you don't like lucky star/holiday/everybody/burning up?

My album average was still really high jhfifhfj so even though I said that I still think people rate the singles too highly. I find Lucky Star and especially Everybody really mediocre for her 80s discography. The others ARE heavenly though.

borderline: 11

everybody: 1

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Just now, GreatestLoveofAll said:

? D you not see the talent and boppery in Holiday and Everybody at least?

Holiday absolutely! Lovely bop

Everybody is one of her worst :sorry: 

Just now, Nemo said:

Exactly, miss Nemo knows

GreatestLoveofAll
2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Imma ignore that other one but stan!

2 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Holiday absolutely! Lovely bop

Everybody is one of her worst :sorry: 

Smh not two of you

Well at least you find Holiday good, should have been her first top 10 tbh

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas

everybody > holiday

Please disregard my comments actually, her debut is actually listenable from start to finish unlike Like A Virgin

Great singles beautiful singles but there's a reason all these other tracks have never made it past 1 scrobble on my last.fm :mazen: 

Soz for all the negativity though, I start stanning the album tracks LAP onwards :heart2:

Edited by Doogle
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
17 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Please disregard my comments actually, her debut is actually listenable from start to finish unlike Like A Virgin

Great singles beautiful singles but there's a reason all these other tracks have never made it past 1 scrobble on my last.fm :mazen: 

Soz for all the negativity though, I start stanning the album tracks LAP onwards :heart2:

shoo bee doo underrated, over and over and stay bops.... we can do without pretender though :rip:

11 minutes ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

I would like to sign up.

This is going to be a fun mess.

feel free to send when you're ready, would love to have you!

1 minute ago, Madame X said:

shoo bee doo underrated, over and over and stay bops.... we can do without pretender though :rip:

I pretty much agree about Over and Over and Stay, though I rated them lower than the debut tracks I just claimed were mediocre so they aren't even as good as them. They are listenable bops but I would never want to revisit them when she has so much better and in the context of her whole discography I'm going to be harsh to ensure I'm using all the score as a range since I hate decimals. Pretender I agree is by far the worst track there :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
16 minutes ago, Doogle said:

I pretty much agree about Over and Over and Stay, though I rated them lower than the debut tracks I just claimed were mediocre so they aren't even as good as them. They are listenable bops but I would never want to revisit them when she has so much better and in the context of her whole discography I'm going to be harsh to ensure I'm using all the score as a range since I hate decimals. Pretender I agree is by far the worst track there :rip: 

we've been dragging nonstop dont worry about being too negative :rip:

yeah.  thats how i felt about some album cuts that i like.  i was pretty harsh to a lot of coadf songs (forbidden love, let it will be, isaac) but i think theyre GOOD, just not the best in terms of her discography.  im definitely not giving stay a 10 but i think its cute all things considered.