Jump to content

Madonna Discography Rate (WINNER ANNOUNCED)


madonnas

Recommended Posts

Lithium.

Rollergirl's Eurogay version of Dear Jessie is kinda (nah it is)  better than Madead's

caramelldansencat.thumb.gif.5bd029ec723c

 

OT: give your 9/10s to the underrated gem that is Everybody

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • madonnas

    1371

  • Oktober Knight

    667

  • Everest

    533

  • Poxy

    463

On 12/31/2020 at 5:35 PM, Poxy said:

What scores are we giving American Pie, everybody? I assume nothing less than a 9!!

a 10. The original is already 10/10 and Mr McLean praised medoner's version, so there's really only 10 or 11 to choose from :michael:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
1 hour ago, Lithium. said:

Rollergirl's Eurogay version of Dear Jessie is kinda (nah it is)  better than Madead's

caramelldansencat.thumb.gif.5bd029ec723c

 

OT: give your 9/10s to the underrated gem that is Everybody

it is better.  madonna's isnt as bad as most fomos have convinced themselves it is, but miss rollergirl did what she had to do.

 

caramelldansencat.thumb.gif.5bd029ec723c

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ewan Chaos

I guess January's the time to hop into something like this! Once I've checked out all the 2020 releases that I missed last year :-* 

 

You suggested listening in reverse order right? Same with the misc/remix stuff, should I listen to that first? Obvi I know the big big singles and like 4 albums already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
17 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I guess January's the time to hop into something like this! Once I've checked out all the 2020 releases that I missed last year :-* 

 

You suggested listening in reverse order right? Same with the misc/remix stuff, should I listen to that first? Obvi I know the big big singles and like 4 albums already.

I would trickle the misc stuff and do studio albums in reverse.  Everyone thinks the 10s are her worst studios so it would suck to have them all saved for last.  
 

the misc stuff does have some HITS in it so it’s not all a chore :-*  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ewan Chaos
5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I would trickle the misc stuff and do studio albums in reverse.  Everyone thinks the 10s are her worst studios so it would suck to have them all saved for last.  
 

the misc stuff does have some HITS in it so it’s not all a chore :-*  

Lovely lovely I figured as much in terms of the newer albums but was unsure on misc stuff (I have heard mdne once or twice so I have that album covered!).

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
1 minute ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Lovely lovely I figured as much in terms of the newer albums but was unsure on misc stuff (I have heard mdne once or twice so I have that album covered!).

 

Thanks!

Mdne has aged like fine wine tbh

 

 

i think the weakest section is the collabs but we still have the masterpiece champagne rose (jk... maybe) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanctuary

I'm lowkey flopping at this, I have so much to listen to still :rip:

 

Like, I could just go off of memory for 95% of the list, but the Queen deserves nothing less than a FULL retrospective

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanctuary

I trust @Madame X will be TRASHING any submissions with less than a 9 for DAD, like any rational person would

 

The flamenco section alone is better than anything she's done post-2006

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
19 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

I trust @Madame X will be TRASHING any submissions with less than a 9 for DAD, like any rational person would

 

The flamenco section alone is better than anything she's done post-2006

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Was thinking you were talking about die another day at first ajs was confused!

 

 

and tbh (applies to everyone reading) realistically I will probably have to extend it a week or two so if you actually need it we can talk.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanctuary

Die Another Day certainly is a song that was released, isn't it

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracks 9 & 10 from Hard Candy are missing in my library.  Can't remember what those songs are, but they must have been 1/10 for me to delete them :fan:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanctuary

There is only one track on Eroticallah deserving below an 8, and it's not DYDI

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
Oktober Knight
51 minutes ago, Brando said:

Tracks 9 & 10 from Hard Candy are missing in my library.  Can't remember what those songs are, but they must have been 1/10 for me to delete them :fan:

If you give Dance 2nite and Spanish Lesson a 1/10, I will plant a virus in all your electronics. :giraffe:

Link to post
Share on other sites
ECNEICSNOC
12 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I’ll see if I can squeeze this in but I’ve got the Whitney rate on priority atm :hug: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
17 minutes ago, ECNEICSNOC said:

I’ll see if I can squeeze this in but I’ve got the Whitney rate on priority atm :hug: 

oh sh!t i need to do the whitney one!!

 

lemme do that

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

There is only one track on Eroticallah deserving below an 8, and it's not DYDI

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Explain yourself hey, hey

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanctuary
20 minutes ago, ThoMF said:

Explain yourself hey, hey

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

You'll just have to wait and see, I fear

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas
21 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

You'll just have to wait and see, I fear

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

it better not be why's it so hard or in this life

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

If you give Dance 2nite and Spanish Lesson a 1/10, I will plant a virus in all your electronics. :giraffe:

MalwareBytes says hi :sorry:

It would be easier to plant a virus in me.. just saying :gaycat2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Oktober Knight
1 hour ago, Brando said:

MalwareBytes says hi :sorry:

It would be easier to plant a virus in me.. just saying :gaycat2:

:soda:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator
madonnas

thank yall :jonny: we now officially have 20 participatnts (well, more than that bc i got some half ballots but we have 20 FULL)

 

-the #1 song HAS been switching, its been 4 different songs, though its still a close crazy race

-there are surprises.  songs that we dont expect slaying and songs we dont expect to flop, flopping

-there are consistently non singles up VERY high though i wont say how high the highest album cut is.

 

-some albums, and decades, are doing better than others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

You'll just have to wait and see, I fear

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

i think it's Rain, for some reason there is a lot of Rain haters out there, unsurprisingly they are generally a part of the Hard Grammy haters gang

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...