Madonna Discography Rate (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

Madame X

1 hour ago, Brando said:

The era was dead right after Sorry. Get Together gotten the worst possible video and had no chance of becoming a hit because of that. Proper Get Together video would have given the era legs because that song was a certified smasha. Then we could have gotten single 4 & even 5. I would have loved to see some controversial video for Forbidden Love. 

Jump and GOD Together were top 10 hits here in the UK :clap3: I mean it’s no surprise when Hung Up and Sorry were huge #1 smashes but still I love how much we not only supported Madonna until MDNA but how huge Confessions was here. Globally idk if they made any noise tho :rip: 

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Madame X

• Oktober Knight

• Everest

• Poxy

John Slayne
13 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Jump and GOD Together were top 10 hits here in the UK :clap3: I mean it’s no surprise when Hung Up and Sorry were huge #1 smashes but still I love how much we not only supported Madonna until MDNA but how huge Confessions was here. Globally idk if they made any noise tho :rip: 

Slay Together was a hit all over Europe, watching the MV on tv is my earliest pop girl-related memory

1 minute ago, John Slayne said:

Slay Together was a hit all over Europe, watching the MV on tv is my earliest pop girl-related memory

Poor dat. 

John Slayne
7 hours ago, Madame X said:

10s:  Nemo, PopThatcorn, jdmc219, Staryu, Auburn, BlueTimberwolf, Moln, dirrtydiana, dabunique, pisuke, Punky Rooster, BlackoutZone, T.O.A.D.S., LikeArebel, AbeHicks, OktoberKnight, noonbob, allforyou, Agenor, xxfreshkidx, Bloodflowers

where's my 10? :huh:

and are we getting averages for MDN/A and Repel Charts like we did for Evita? :duca: wanna see how panned they are, but I fear that due to having so many duds they will actually score lower than Evita

OT: Love Profusion and I Want You deserved at least 20 spots better :biblio: but I'll let it slide because it's top 100 and at least you got Physical Distraction OUT 

Erotica/You Thrill Me and Where Life Begins still in :clap3: my prayers have been answered

John Slayne
4 minutes ago, Brando said:

Poor dat. 

I have to admit that I was not impressed and went on to stan Michael Jackson instead :skull: whew my child brain was not ready for Madonna's artistry just yet!

• #FreeBritney Activist
BlackoutZone

I Want You - this turned out marvelously, absolutely love it, but I get the placement

Living For Love - way too high, her WORST lead

Keep it Together - this is top 3 on LAP, y'all did it WRONG!

Spanish Eyes - it's beautiful, but Oh Father is superior

Like It Or Not - it grew to be one of my favorite songs, but I get how it isn't a fan fave so it's ok

True Blue - nn it's cute, but it was time for it to go
Physical Attraction - deserved higher, a bop

Promise to Try - I'm fine with this

Me Against the Music - it's honestly such an underrated collab I'm so glad it even made it this far :clap3: One of the best music videos from both artists too

Gone - beautiful song, but also a fair placement

I Deserve It - same as Gone

I'll Remember - kinda too high, I Want You deserved to be above it

Love Profusion - one of a few tracks from AL I semi-enjoy, can't believe X-satanistic Process outlasted it

Masterpiece - rightfully the highest song on MDNA

Celebration - deserved to be higher, it's the closest we got to Hung Up post-Hung Up

Ghosttown - really good song too

and maybe if the update ended here I would fine, but...

Survival - MASTERPIECE!!!! DESERVED TOP 30 :jonny5:

Mer Girl - one of her most beautiful songs, so eerie, absolutely stunning :jonny2:

Inside Of Me - ANOTHER MATERPIECE FROM GODTIME HYMNS I CANT TAKE THIS :jonny2:

17 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

That’s cute! I am glad it was a hit where it matters :clap3: Mine is definitely seeing the Music video on MTV every single day in what must have been early 2001. It was around the same time I kept seeing Survivor by Destiny’s Child and Lady Marmalade so it must’ve been a bit after the song smashed but it definitely helped me know yep I am GAY. My earliest pop girl memories :heart:

I was absolutely fascinated by her energy in the Music era videos as a kid but then American Life didn’t register at all and I didn’t really care for Hung Up as an 8 year old because of how overplayed it was. I’ve come round though. :alexz3:

7 hours ago, Madame X said:

71.  Inside of Me

70fd6d08b395f3c351d1c4072e0141d7.jpg

"I keep a picture of you
Next to my bed at night
And when I wake up scared
I know I'll find you there
Watching over me"

Average: 7.485

Little Lolas:

11:  creativity., Ace Reject

10.5: TheWayWeWere

10s: The7thStranger, Melancholy, dabunique, That Bad Eartha, BlackoutZone, T.O.A.D.S., Never Ending, AbeHicks, OktoberKnight, clue, noonbob, SupremeGoddess, xxfreshkidx

Little Ritchies:

1s:  Gateau

0.5s: n/a

0s: n/a

This song called Inside Of Me has a very sensual vibe and on surface level its about sex but its really about her mom's spirit watching ov er her.  Even when she's being introspective she's being edgy.  But honestly this song has really lush R&B production and I think its a hidden gem definitely.  Sad it couldn't go further. 

Comments from the Peanut Gallery

dirrtydiana: I’ve been trying not to say this multiple times so far but she’s truly ahead of her time. 
Melancholy: a polished erotica groove
Alongoria13: Lush sounds give this a very motherly feel, queen.
creativity: time 2 touch myself 
UnanimousBB16: (I honestly thought this song was about sex when I heard it the first time, especially with all of the heavy breathing, and the smoother production. Apparently the song is about cherishing the person who died, and how she will always remember them. The song is still very serene and pleasant either way)
Gateau; filler

A travesty. Deserved top 50 and to be higher than Take a Bow and Secret.

Now on to this mess that should have never made top 100:

Holiday
Angel
Open Your Heart
Live to Tell
Cherish
Fever 
Deeper and Deeper
Rain
Swim
The Power of Good-bye
Jump
4 Minutes

John Slayne
29 minutes ago, Doogle said:

That’s cute! I am glad it was a hit where it matters :clap3: Mine is definitely seeing the Music video on MTV every single day in what must have been early 2001. It was around the same time I kept seeing Survivor by Destiny’s Child and Lady Marmalade so it must’ve been a bit after the song smashed but it definitely helped me know yep I am GAY. My earliest pop girl memories :heart:

I was absolutely fascinated by her energy in the Music era videos as a kid but then American Life didn’t register at all and I didn’t really care for Hung Up as an 8 year old because of how overplayed it was. I’ve come round though. :alexz3:

Survivor and Lady Marmalade are anthems of all gay who grew up in 00s :jamming: converted so many boys into homosexuality

wait I just remembered that one time when I was little my mother was like 'hm wonder what's medoner up to these days' and she found some American Life songs on the internet and panned it :deadbanana4: but at least she got me to stan Bad Girl :clap3: what a tasteful single

Edited by John Slayne
2 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Survivor and Lady Marmalade are anthems of all gay who grew up in 00s :jamming: converted so many boys into homosexuality

wait I just remembered that one time when I was little my mother was like 'hm wonder what's medoner up to these days' and she found some American Life songs on the internet and panned it :deadbanana4: but at least she got me to stan Bad Girl :clap3: what a tasteful single

American Life is such a scream because it appeals so much to loads of people who weren't even always into Madonna but like the only people that stanned her from the 80s onwards that actually liked it were probably her die hard homosexuals and absolutely nobody else.

It's amusing seeing how some younger people like myself in here react to her 80s stuff because even though it seems like her more girly and cheesy stuff, I've had conversations with a fair few straight men and women of all ages who absolutely exclusively love her 80s discog. It was so universal really, but she's not the queen of pop for nothing :clap3: 

John Slayne
6 minutes ago, Doogle said:

American Life is such a scream because it appeals so much to loads of people who weren't even always into Madonna but like the only people that stanned her from the 80s onwards that actually liked it were probably her die hard homosexuals and absolutely nobody else.

It's amusing seeing how some younger people like myself in here react to her 80s stuff because even though it seems like her more girly and cheesy stuff, I've had conversations with a fair few straight men and women of all ages who absolutely exclusively love her 80s discog. It was so universal really, but she's not the queen of pop for nothing :clap3: 

to be honest I did pan some of her 80s songs in this rate but the first song that started my obsession with Madead in 2014 was Like A Prayer :clap3: but yea I feel like her 80s catalogue sounds so cheesy and basic because it defined the pop music sound for that decade and was emulated so many times that it's easy to forget that when she was releasing that stuff it actually sounded fresh af and people who lived then probably remember how game changing her music was

GreatestLoveofAll

wait so B*tch I'm Madonna outlasted Ghostlegend? very upsetting :rip:

John Slayne
2 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

wait so B*tch I'm Madonna outlasted Ghostlegend? very upsetting :rip:

Bitch I'm Legend was eliminated 4 or 5 updates ago

giphy.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist

not surprised at the one of the 1s on MATM :eli:

dont know the otha one

42 minutes ago, rlj said:

Now on to this mess that should have never made top 100:

Holiday
Open Your Heart
Live to Tell
Cherish
Fever 
Deeper and Deeper
Rain
The Power of Good-bye

How-to-safely-clean-your-ears-without-cotton-buds.jpg

GreatestLoveofAll
19 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Bitch I'm Legend was eliminated 4 or 5 updates ago

giphy.gif

Oh than yes we love the rate again

giphy.gif

bestfiction
21 minutes ago, ATWK said:

How many Hard Candy tracks are still in?

I think only singles remain? 

3 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

I think only singles remain? 

Praying Give It 2 Me can sneak into the top-20. :gaycat1:

Alongoria13
53 minutes ago, Brando said:

I should have given Holiday an 11. It deserves extra push. 

Gave it a 2 😍

Alongoria13
18 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Praying Give It 2 Me can sneak into the top-20. :gaycat1:

With my 11 it will