Jump to content

Madonna Discography Rate (LIVE UPDATES)


Madame X

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

We all know "Into the Groove" should and probably will win. But let me do this to randomly stan for "Where's the Party" and "Incredible."

can someone please sabotage hung up and like a prayer so i dont have to, and so that ITG can win? :duca: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Madame X

    1238

  • Oktober Knight

    617

  • Everest

    453

  • Poxy

    375

13 minutes ago, Madame X said:

we need something to go first!

EXCUSE YOU.  no, i am not having people rate demos or unreleased.  everything here is released in official capacity, just like mariah stans did with her rates with over 250 songs, which got 76 participants.  you have multiple months, and i will for sure extend it at least a couple weeks.  PLEASE PARTICIPATE

Oh sis! I will participate and I invite you to tag me daily for reminders. I need to get into her a bit more cause I have a uni project about her cultural impact on pop culture due next month. :rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pendulum said:

Oh sis! I will participate and I invite you to tag me daily for reminders. I need to get into her a bit more cause I have a uni project about her cultural impact on pop culture due next month. :rip: 

start from beginning then.  you can see how she actually originated as a punk rocker and became a pop star!  

 

:-* 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Madame X said:

start from beginning then.  you can see how she actually originated as a punk rocker and became a pop star!  

 

:-* 

I actually have to do a DIY TedTalk video based on a research question I sent today :rip: I was listening to Erotica and had a Eureka moment. 

 

The lecturer is a Pose fan (the TV show) so she's gonna eat it up.

 

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Link to post
Share on other sites
That Bad Eartha
8 minutes ago, Brando said:

Like A Prayer could have been among the very very greatest albums of all time if she didn't put Crap Song and Keep It Together on it :jonny5:

STOP THE COUNT

 

No Keep It Together shade allowed. Her best tour closer. :jonny2:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brando said:

Like A Prayer could have been among the very very greatest albums of all time if she didn't put Crap Song and Keep It Together on it :jonny5:

This taste >

Keep It Together is GARBAGE

Link to post
Share on other sites

i really dont think im prepared for the reality that a lot of stans dont love her ""lesser"" hits from the 80s like dress you up, angel, borderline, and keep it together as much as i do :emofish: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

for your consideration... ‘Rescue Me’
 

madonna_rescue_me_vinyl_record_1024x1024 


Truly Madonna’s most under-rated Top 10 hit, and one of the most under-rated tracks overall in her discography.  
 

Serving as “the other” bonus track on The Immaculate Collection, the song wasn’t planned to be a single.  ‘Justify My Love’ was huge and did enough promotion for the compilation album, but radio stations were hungry for more Madge, and ‘Rescue Me’ started receiving airplay.  Management waited till the song peaked in radio to release the physical single, resulting in a short chart run and unfortunately no music video.

 

The song was written and produced by Madonna and Shep Pettibone, the duo responsible for other house-inspired dance-pop anthems like ‘Vogue’ and ‘Deeper and Deeper’.  While the sultry trance of ‘Justify My Love’ may seem like the obvious transition into Erotica, it’s actually ‘Rescue Me’ that bares more of a resemblance to her fifth album with it’s dance-ability and irresistible groove.

 

give this deep-cut a listen and an 11 :heart:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Madame X said:

i really dont think im prepared for the reality that a lot of stans dont love her ""lesser"" hits from the 80s like dress you up, angel, borderline, and keep it together as much as i do :emofish: 

Dress You Up is THAT bop!  Personally I’m worried that Till Death Do Us Part will get the shaft :emofish: it’s in my Like A Prayer top 3 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not looking forward to the tired “it’s dated” shade at her 80s catalogue from the COADF/AL stans but to make up for them I will try to sabotage both albums as hard as I can without being unreasonable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Venus Temple said:

Dress You Up is THAT bop!  Personally I’m worried that Till Death Do Us Part will get the shaft :emofish: it’s in my Like A Prayer top 3 

lets just say that i will be floored if it isn't the highest lap album track, and in the top 10 of her non singles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tellem said:

I’m not looking forward to the tired “it’s dated” shade at her 80s catalogue from the COADF/AL stans but to make up for them I will try to sabotage both albums as hard as I can without being unreasonable 

why are your takes so good? her 80s catalogue is why she's the queen of pop 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, where are the Rebel Heart stans?  It was my 10th most listened album of 2020 :rip: truly her best body of work past the year 2000.  Sorry success COADF stans :michael:

Edited by Venus Temple
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Are decimals allowed? 

yes they are.  dont be obnoxious and give every song a 8.44343 though because i will enter these into a spreadsheet myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Madame X said:

i really dont think im prepared for the reality that a lot of stans dont love her ""lesser"" hits from the 80s like dress you up, angel, borderline, and keep it together as much as i do :emofish: 

Angel better be Top 15 or rate cancelled! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
That Bad Eartha
17 minutes ago, Venus Temple said:

Also, where are the Rebel Heart stans?  It was my 10th most listened album of 2020 :rip: truly her best body of work past the year 2000.  Sorry success COADF stans :michael:

I still think it is a weak body of work, but has more highlights than Hard Candy or MDNA imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I still think it is a weak body of work, but has more highlights than Hard Candy or MDNA imo. 

mdna highlights: im addicted, i dont give a, love spent, bday song

hard candy highlights: candy shop, incredible, voices, spanish lesson, give it 2 me, beat goes on, she's not me

rebel heart: veni vidi vici, bitch im madonna, addicted, sex, holy water

 

idk... and thats with more tracks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GreatestLoveofAll
28 minutes ago, Madame X said:

yes they are.  dont be obnoxious and give every song a 8.44343 though because i will enter these into a spreadsheet myself. 

What spreadsheet are you using btw? I was gonna do mine manually :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

What spreadsheet are you using btw? I was gonna do mine manually :rip:

you can use google sheets.  theres an "average" function so you can just have a clumn for the averages of everyone's scores, and then rank it by that column.  does that make sense? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
That Bad Eartha
5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

mdna highlights: im addicted, i dont give a, love spent, bday song

hard candy highlights: candy shop, incredible, voices, spanish lesson, give it 2 me, beat goes on, she's not me

rebel heart: veni vidi vici, bitch im madonna, addicted, sex, holy water

 

idk... and thats with more tracks. 

Imagine calling Incredible or Spanish Lesson a "highlight" or B-Day Song for that matter. :biblio:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...