Her Madgesty: Madonna Discography Rate (DUE VALENTINES DAY)

Madame X

5 minutes ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Imagine calling Incredible or Spanish Lesson a "highlight" or B-Day Song for that matter. :biblio:

They are left field and creative bops.  I understand why people would not understand rhem

Seriously though.  Incredible is so good.  Not even a troll song.  It’s one of her most u unique songs 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Madame X

• Nemo

• HonourableVomit

• Brando

GreatestLoveofAll
16 minutes ago, Madame X said:

you can use google sheets.  theres an "average" function so you can just have a clumn for the averages of everyone's scores, and then rank it by that column.  does that make sense? 

Hmmm so I just put all the songs in the spread and put in everyone's scores? I've never done one before 

1 minute ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Hmmm so I just put all the songs in the spread and put in everyone's scores? I've never done one before 

I can PM you an example of an old rate.  Lemme do that when I get on my computer

Honestly, there are no highlights on MDNA.  An unlistenable, tacky, impersonal mess.  I remember Masterpiece being kinda cute.  Granted, I only listened through the album once :rip: I’ll be sure to revisit for this rate.

Living For Love, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Body Shop(I will die on this hill), Veni Vidi Vici, Rebel Heart, Bitch I’m Madonna are all highlights.  Illuminati, S.E.X., and Holy Water are all dirty bangers.  Even Devil Pray with it’s corny lyrics is a fun, sonically-pleasing song.

1 minute ago, Venus Temple said:

Honestly, there are no highlights on MDNA.  An unlistenable, tacky, impersonal mess.  I remember Masterpiece being kinda cute.  Granted, I only listened through the album once :rip: I’ll be sure to revisit for this rate.

Gang Bang is a highlight.

OT: I'll do this.

That Bad Eartha
1 minute ago, Venus Temple said:

Living For Love, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Body Shop(I will die on this hill), Veni Vidi Vici, Rebel Heart, Bitch I’m Madonna are all highlights.  Illuminati, S.E.X., and Holy Water are all dirty bangers.  Even Devil Pray with it’s corny lyrics is a fun, sonically-pleasing song.

Disagree with some of these highlights, but I will also die on the Body Shop is a fantastic song hill with you.

6 minutes ago, Venus Temple said:

Whaaat.  I think MDNA aged better than revel heart.  I guess that’s cuz rebel heart never really got properly mixed but whatever.  Love spent, I’m addicted are both classics.  I’ll be shocked if one of them isn’t the highest from the album. 

GreatestLoveofAll
14 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I can PM you an example of an old rate.  Lemme do that when I get on my computer

please do!

• ATRL Moderator

Incredible is next level - if you know, you know! If you don't I don't know what to tell you...

5 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Incredible is next level - if you know, you know! If you don't I don't know what to tell you...

incredible, jimmy jimmy, shanti/ashtangi... the black sheep of her discography.  don't deserve the hate :!ohno: 

5 minutes ago, Reverie said:

I'm def doing this but I think this is the first time I'm listening to the Evita soundtrack? I'm kinda scared

it will be the first time listening to evita for me too 

6 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Reveal hidden contents

it will be the first time listening to evita for me too 

Spoiler

The thing is I swear I've done a lot of big Madonna rates on here so that means if any of them had the Evita soundtrack I definitely cheated LMFAOOO

Just now, Reverie said:
  Hide contents

The thing is I swear I've done a lot of big Madonna rates on here so that means if any of them had the Evita soundtrack I definitely cheated LMFAOOO

I think a lot of them just had you must love me and DCFMA.  Well.  I’m definitely gonna drag it.  I don’t see how I won’t.  It’s just gonna be a competition to the bottom for the low tier misc tracks and evita isn’t it 

5 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I think a lot of them just had you must love me and DCFMA.  Well.  I’m definitely gonna drag it.  I don’t see how I won’t.  It’s just gonna be a competition to the bottom for the low tier misc tracks and evita isn’t it 

Any cushion will be appreciated before we lose some 80s gems for being "dated" :'( Making a note in my google doc to bump my scores up by just a bit

3 hours ago, Madame X said:

i really dont think im prepared for the reality that a lot of stans dont love her ""lesser"" hits from the 80s like dress you up, angel, borderline, and keep it together as much as i do :emofish: 

Borderline, Angel YES

Dress You Up MAYBE

Keep It in the Trash NO 

Count me in, "Rescue Me" for the win :WAP: ain't nobody got time for the long ass Evita soundtrack though :skull: a cute EP with the Madonna solos will do

01. Buenos Aires

02. Another Suitcase In Another Hall

03. Don't Cry For Me Argentina

04. Rainbow High

05. You Must Love Me

06. Lament

07. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix)

39 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Count me in, "Rescue Me" for the win :WAP: ain't nobody got time for the long ass Evita soundtrack though :skull: a cute EP with the Madonna solos will do

01. Buenos Aires

02. Another Suitcase In Another Hall

03. Don't Cry For Me Argentina

04. Rainbow High

05. You Must Love Me

06. Lament

07. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix)

What are the songs in my list that Madonna had less than 10 seconds of vocals in? Should I get rid of those? I figure we need something to drag 

That Bad Eartha
Just now, Madame X said:

What are the songs in my list that Madonna had less than 10 seconds of vocals in? Should I get rid of those? I figure we need something to drag 

Their list is pretty much the meat of what you need for Evita tbh. And Hard Candy is here, so there is plenty to drag. :gaycat1: