Jump to content

US Politics 🇺🇸


khalyan
 Share

ATRL Feedback
Message added by ATRL Feedback

Reminder that the US Politics Thread is a privilege. In the past, the staff of ATRL has been hesitant of maintaining US politics threads outside of presidential election cycles due to the room for drama and inordinately intense back-and-forth. Be mindful of that. Thread bans from the US Presidential Election 2020 Thread have not been carried over for this thread to give everyone a clean slate. Do not abuse that by ramping up discourse beyond the pale. So, please, be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Kassi

    1798

  • Espresso

    2091

  • ClashAndBurn

    1932

  • Communion

    1538

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Tusk said:

3 more years until the Presidential Primaries.  Who's ready? 

Trump v. Biden 2024

OR

Trump v. Kamala 2024 

OR

Carlson v. Kamala/Biden 2024

Yeah, I'm not ready. :skull:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tusk said:

3 more years until the Presidential Primaries.  Who's ready? 

 

 

A presidential primary without the shouting finger-wagger. :jonny5: cant wait

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kylizzle said:

Trump v. Biden 2024

OR

Trump v. Kamala 2024 

OR

Carlson v. Kamala/Biden 2024

Yeah, I'm not ready. :skull:

Don't forget Trump Jr. vs. Kamala/Biden :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

Trump v. Biden 2024

OR

Trump v. Kamala 2024 

OR

Carlson v. Kamala/Biden 2024

Yeah, I'm not ready. :skull:

I don't really think Trump will run in 2024. It's all cap. But has Carlson hinted at a presidential run ?

I keep seeing his name floated around. I can't see it. I am more worried about Hawley and Tom Cotton. 

 

tia1260d834aa5c15ee.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

I don't really think Trump will run in 2024. It's all cap. But has Carlson hinted at a presidential run ?

I keep seeing his name floated around. I can't see it. I am more worried about Hawley and Tom Cotton. 

 

tia1260d834aa5c15ee.gif

There's no way Carlson would run in 2024 (unless he manages to find some way to heavily capitalize on that bid). He's still too young(-ish) to finally take on that career destination yet. (I ****ing hate how Boomers-centric the whole system is rn :ace:)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

There's no way Carlson would run in 2024 (unless he manages to find some way to heavily capitalize on that bid). He's still too young(-ish) to finally take on that career destination yet. (I ****ing hate how Boomers-centric the whole system is rn :ace:)

 

I think next cycle is going to return back to younger candidates running and being successful.  People are tired of 70+ year olds being in charge.  Tucker would be 54yo if he runs in 2024.  That would be the same age as when Bush Jr took office and younger than when Clinton or Obama took office. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, jpow said:

Tucker would be 54yo if he runs in 2024.  That would be the same age as when Bush Jr took office and younger than when Clinton or Obama took office

This obviously doesn’t change the general argument, but he would be older than Obama was

Edited by Rotunda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

This obviously doesn’t change the general argument, but he would be older than Obama was

Sorry I meant that Clinton and Obama were younger than Tucker when they were sworn in. :rip:  Thanks for the correction. 
 

I know that the last two cycles have kinda altered how we think about presidents ages but 54 is a completely normal age for someone to be elected president. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jpow said:

I think next cycle is going to return back to younger candidates running and being successful.  People are tired of 70+ year olds being in charge.  Tucker would be 54yo if he runs in 2024.  That would be the same age as when Bush Jr took office and younger than when Clinton or Obama took office. 

The big main difference is that Carlson is not a politician. He has his cushion as an political influencer in a firm grip and running for presidency in 2024 would only cut his time short. Unlike as much as people might think, presidency is not that sweet of a job. And unlike Trump, Carlson is not that desperate for it.

 

And the only way 70+ yo people stop being elected into Senate is when the boomers die out. :ace:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

And the only way 70+ yo people stop being elected into Senate is when the boomers die out. :ace:

We also need to start having discussions about Congressional term limits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bloo said:

We also need to start having discussions about Congressional term limits.

100000%. There is no excuse why swamp rats like Mitch McConnell are allowed to stay in power and hold this country hostage for almost 40 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

A 20 year limit on positions like Supreme Court and the Senate is such a common sense solution for issues like this.  Mitch has been on the Senate for 35 years now :rip:  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that this skit was tamer than the actual hearing is so disturbing. 
 

This seemed like a much less kooky interpretation of true events. They didn’t even parody the racist lady who said all Chinese look alike.  :shutup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m trying to take strong mental impressions of this time period. Because there’s no way any future documentary will ever be able to completely recapture the sense of disorder and the flurry of events driving it. Between the tweets, rallies, press conferences, court hearings, and news broadcast, the US is such a **** show right now.
 

Sometimes I forget Trump is the President. Until I remember he’s the President. :bibliahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Perdue is toeing the company quite effectively while avoiding a confrontation with Ossoff, he was just on Fox News the other days and now this rally. He’s definitely playing to his strengths and might just end up winning. :shakeno:


We need the big guns down in Georgia to draw attention and enthusiasm away to Ossoff. Help us, Obama-wan Kenobi. You’re our only hope. :jonny5:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Jill shaping up to become a Hillary Clinton/Eleanor Roosevelt “activist” type of First Lady.

 

Love this for us. :allears:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kassi said:

 

Jill shaping up to become a Hillary Clinton/Eleanor Roosevelt “activist” type of First Lady.

 

Love this for us. :allears:

Most student debt isn't from community college, this is like crumbs. The bar is really on the floor at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...