US Politics 🇺🇸

khalyan

ATRL Feedback
Message added by ATRL Feedback

Reminder that the US Politics Thread is a privilege. In the past, the staff of ATRL has been hesitant of maintaining US politics threads outside of presidential election cycles due to the room for drama and inordinately intense back-and-forth. Be mindful of that. Thread bans from the US Presidential Election 2020 Thread have not been carried over for this thread to give everyone a clean slate. Do not abuse that by ramping up discourse beyond the pale. So, please, be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

OH republicans finally having to give up the most gerrymandered map in the country

:sistrens:

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Even MLK King's Family is in Arizona today protesting, meanwhile Biden cowers because of shallow party identification 

32 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK! :cm: 

They're more ideologically aligned with Trump than with Bernie, wbk (that's why they tried harder to stop Bernie than to stop Trump) :cm:

34 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Virginia

But but. Dems suck and we want more gop scum to take over to piss em off  🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

17 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

But but. Dems suck and we want more gop scum to take over to piss em off  🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Same people who said election integrity and January 6th investigations were a waste of time. :cm: Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

3 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Same people who said election integrity and January 6th investigations were a waste of time. :cm: Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Well, when two members of your party openly and proudly side with George Wallace and Bull Connor over Biden when Biden himself framed it that way just before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day... I mean... Yes, in that light, Dems do suck. :michael:

Oh wait, am I dogpiling on you and hurting your feelings? Was this supposed to be a neoliberal circlejerk attacking progressives over strawman arguments they've never actually made? Carry on, then!

27 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

You sit in here and just make **** up. No one has been in here genuinely pushing that sentiment. And yes, Dems. do suck (to say the least) and they aren't that much better than republicans. Why don't Dems. actively want to be better than the GOP when they have the power & resources to do so ? They're not even doing much about gerrymandering. :rip:

If anything, we actually want the Dems to suck less so that they can actually win, but they seem to be intent on losing (and killing swaths of the population through eugenics during a pandemic to serve capitalism) on purpose, so.... :michael:

I actually appreciate the interaction that's just took place. :rip: 

Election integrity and the January 6th investigations shouldn't be at the expense of things Dems should be doing in other categories and aren't. I'd put voting rights at #1 right now personally which they've been pathetic on on even the basic of grassroots level, but I wouldn't frame it as losing on purpose. That's giving a lot of those in Dem leadership too much credit still.

They just don't care enough. Whether that's because they aren't affected by it personally and/or are appeasing donors I could unpack here but won't. 

2 hours ago, GhostBox said:

If your parent criticizes you and asks you to be better, do you take it that your parent doesn't want you?

Please answer this simple thought experiment, quickly.

Progressives: DEMS NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE THE GOP!!!

Liberals: If you hate Democrats, you love Republicans!!

Biden, actually apologizing to Republicans:

The point really always does drive itself home. 

It turns out, if you voted for Biden, you voted for GOP scum because Biden loves himself GOP scum. 

A vote for Biden was a vote for Republicans, plain clear and simple. :michael:

43 minutes ago, Communion said:

Progressives: DEMS NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE THE GOP!!!

Liberals: If you hate Democrats, you love Republicans!!

Biden, actually apologizing to Republicans:

The point really always does drive itself home. 

It turns out, if you voted for Biden, you voted for GOP scum because Biden loves himself GOP scum. 

A vote for Biden was a vote for Republicans, plain clear and simple. :michael:

I just saw this on my timeline:bibliahh:

If this is the opposition to fascism then we are even more explicitly doomed.

This is even more embarrasing than Pelosi's "We need a strong Republican party"

Also, I respect the mods, particularly those who focus on the Civics section, but I need to just point out that getting warned for THIS post out of any:

On 1/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, Communion said:

Sounds like your business isn't successful enough to sustain natural increases in wages. Should probably toss in the towel, tbh!

Needs some clarification. Especially when given an INSENSITIVE warning out of any, given not the regular 24-hour limit but an extended *36 hour* limitation, and the vague comment of "NOT COOL". :deadbanana4:

I would hope it was obvious my post is neither a personal attack nor somehow "insensitive" given that it was a rhetorical argument in response to a user quite literally saying people on welfare and who are poor  yet won't take on more shifts at their personally-owned business are, and I quote, lazy. :deadbanana4:  

You know what's insensitive? Musing on an online pop forum that the people you hire are spending their days in the ER faking illnesses to get out of having to work for you w/o punishment. :skull:

If rhetorical arguments can now be warnable if found to be "disparaging" towards other members (the implication being that Elon Musk could join and people demanding he pay taxes be warned for being insensitive to a fellow member :skull:), I need to know because being constantly told I "support Republicans" or "want Republicans to win elections" -or some variation that switches Republicans for racists/neo-nazis/fascists/etc.  because I don't vote for Democrats - sounds like the exact same type of disparaging rhetorical argument I should be more liberally reporting for being insensitive and inflammatory. 

"Vote blue no matter w-" REPORT!

"Bernie Sanders' failed Senate shows progressives su-" REPORT!

"Progressives rather have Trump In po-" REPORT!!!

:gaycat2:

How is helpful, realistic advice insensitive tho? :skull: more like blunt (the Shark Tank judges give advice like that all the time), but that's better than getting business advice from delusional yes-men

Edited by rihannabiggestfan