A dark theme is now available to ATRL+ members. ×

Gwen Stefani - “Let Me Reintroduce Myself”

Hooker Barbie

GwennyGwenGwen
2 minutes ago, mig. said:

The way it’s gonna be a non-event at the end :chick3:

it’s not charting anywhere 

I mean, its not sent to radio or playlisted (or even released on a day that would make sense for charting), i don't think the intent was it for it to chart (if it was...they are doing a horrible job of it lol)...i think it really was meant as a 'reintroduction' that will lead to a new era sometime in 2021.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GwennyGwenGwen

• rihannabiggestfan

• Dark Phoenix

• EarStyle

On 1/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, GwennyGwenGwen said:

just finished listening to this

such a candid interview... really worth listening to if you're a fan

the confession about P&S era and the lack of chemistry, etc... she mentioning Gavin and the whole RoS situation, and "the good nanny" (LOL)

I love Gwen so much, I just think she deserves one more massive hit in her career so that we could have Vanguard Awards, etc.

but like she said, she had 30 years of amazingness so that's what matters in the end

GwennyGwenGwen
13 hours ago, jhmacal said:

just finished listening to this

such a candid interview... really worth listening to if you're a fan

the confession about P&S era and the lack of chemistry, etc... she mentioning Gavin and the whole RoS situation, and "the good nanny" (LOL)

I love Gwen so much, I just think she deserves one more massive hit in her career so that we could have Vanguard Awards, etc.

but like she said, she had 30 years of amazingness so that's what matters in the end

Yes!!! that is i think the most honest i have ever heard her be about No Doubt and the lack of chemistry post her solo career. 

And i agree, i'd love for her to have one more big hit...i feel like the right song could do it, and she is someone who could absolutely get some big name collaborators to help her do that. But I am so glad she is in a place where she is content with everything she has accomplished already, she seems in a very good space.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, GwennyGwenGwen said:

I mean, its not sent to radio or playlisted (or even released on a day that would make sense for charting), i don't think the intent was it for it to chart (if it was...they are doing a horrible job of it lol)...i think it really was meant as a 'reintroduction' that will lead to a new era sometime in 2021.

but how can you reintroduce yourself if no one hears it

GwennyGwenGwen
1 minute ago, tost1 said:

but how can you reintroduce yourself if no one hears it

Her fans, including casual ones, have heard it. I think thats the point. It HAS actually created buzz among fans.

Dark Phoenix
4 hours ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Her fans, including casual ones, have heard it. I think thats the point. It HAS actually created buzz among fans.

Yeah, at this point she should take what she still has and go for it, I mean she scored a #1 album in 2016 with 84k on first week and it should be around 250k - 300k in the US, then she released the Xmas album which has sold around 200k in the US and spawned a gold single.

Then she had two successful country singles, one went 1Px a few months ago and the other is close to Gold, that could be in part thanks to Blake but she brought some exposure.

And finally the new song got 4.7M views from both videos and has close to 3M on Spotify, it ain’t a lot but it’s was enough to garner some buzz and attention from her fans also casual pop listeners, she should capitalize on that and bring a fresh first new single and call it a day, she’s doing ok for being 50 and almost on the same level as where Jlo, Mariah and Kylie are (excluding Xmas craze).

12 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

And finally the new song got 4.7M views from both videos and has close to 3M on Spotify, it ain’t a lot but it’s was enough to garner some buzz and attention from her fans also casual pop listeners, she should capitalize on that and bring a fresh first new single and call it a day, she’s doing ok for being 50 and almost on the same level as where Jlo, Mariah and Kylie are (excluding Xmas craze).

Honestly, in terms of new music, she does better than ANY artist her age in the US...it's pretty straight forward in the numbers. I think if she really wants a pop HIT at this point in her career, she is probably going to need some big collaborations, but she might not be interested in that at this point and thats ok, we'll see! There is definitely opportunities out there for her to work with some amazing people if she wants to though. I'm just happy that we're getting new music that she is super excited and inspired about.

She was just on the Today show, and performed. She said she is still writing, wrote a song yesterday, and writing another song tomorrow, but that the record is coming out soon, 'as soon as they let her put it out' she says lol. Says mostly has editing left to do.

Britney Is Fierce

Okay but this is a bop and a half and the video is AMAZING, what's with the criticism in this thread? I don't see how Gwen referencing and revisiting her past means she lost it and won't create anything good ever again like wtf? SO many artists do that whether it's in their music, their videos, their live performances, etc. 

GwennyGwenGwen
18 hours ago, Britney Is Fierce said:

Okay but this is a bop and a half and the video is AMAZING, what's with the criticism in this thread? I don't see how Gwen referencing and revisiting her past means she lost it and won't create anything good ever again like wtf? SO many artists do that whether it's in their music, their videos, their live performances, etc. 

I think with icons and legends, as they get older, what very often happens is that people have a very specific idea of THEIR version of the artist. And Gwen especially, has had SO many different versions lol, it is very hard to make everyone happy.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:11 PM, GwennyGwenGwen said:

'as soon as they let her put it out' she says lol

At least she is honest. You would think that established artists like Ellie Goulding & Gwen Stefani could put the album out anytime, without any problem, when in fact they are having the same treatment as new artists like Zara Larsson & Madison Beer.