A dark theme is now available to ATRL+ members. ×

Gwen Stefani - “Let Me Reintroduce Myself”

Hooker Barbie

GwennyGwenGwen
4 minutes ago, ThehushSound said:

If it’s dropping on Monday that means it must be getting a radio premiere? And it must be getting some type of radio deal? 

Hopefully! She could also be performing it on The Voice? idk

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GwennyGwenGwen

• rihannabiggestfan

• Dark Phoenix

• EarStyle

PLEASE be a banger :jonny5:

Truth was a good pop album but it was missing so much of Gwen’s personality and playfulness, i want her to go back to that

skwonderfactory

I’m excited and hope an album follows suit in no later then March. I can’t stand out these long drawn out campaigns with random droplet singles or an album 6-15 months later.

18 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

PLEASE be a banger :jonny5:

Truth was a good pop album but it was missing so much of Gwen’s personality and playfulness, i want her to go back to that

That was the only issue. The producers were very generic so it took out some of Gwen's personality. She did get to shine a bit on You're My Favorite, Naughty, Red Flag and bonus tracks Rocket Ship, Getting Warmer, Obsessed. 

GwennyGwenGwen
1 minute ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

Yall act like the blake collabs are bad :biblio: both went top 40 and so the GP actually use Country Gwen!

tbh I'm all here for some Golden Hour-esque country influences, as long as it's part of her usual mashup of styles.

3 minutes ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

Yall act like the blake collabs are bad :biblio: both went top 40 and so the GP actually use Country Gwen!

it's not always about charts...we just want the uniqueness that made us love Gwen in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

They are indeed not bad, but When you think about Gwen you think about ex-girlfriend, Don't Speak, Hey Baby, What You're waiting for, Wind It Up etc etc. The Blake songs are cute but not the things long time fans hope for since she is more innovative than a cute country collab. And the question in the long run Will be does the GP really use 'country Gwen' or the overall package deal. 

Edited by J-esper
48 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Hopefully! She could also be performing it on The Voice? idk

Hopefully we get both! 

She better  confirm the title and date today! 

I need WYWF’s heir to ravage me! 

GwennyGwenGwen
21 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

it's not always about charts...we just want the uniqueness that made us love Gwen in the first place.

17 minutes ago, J-esper said:

They are indeed not bad, but When you think about Gwen you think about ex-girlfriend, Don't Speak, Hey Baby, What You're waiting for, Wind It Up etc etc. The Blake songs are cute but not the things long time fans hope for since she is more innovative than a cute country collab. And the question in the long run Will be does the GP really use 'country Gwen' or the overall package deal. 

I generally agree...i do hope Country becomes one of the many genres she hops in and out of from time to time and draws some influence from...cause that, is honestly, exactly what Gwen is so amazing at...mashing up different influences and turning it into something uniquely Gwen, and it would feel a bit odd for country to not be at least a small part of that mashup at this point.

That she is currently #1 on country radio and #15 on overall radio, and performing her successful christmas music all over at the moment...i think actually makes sense in the context of a LET ME REMIND YOU WHO I AM type single, if thats what we're getting.

IyanlaFixedMyLife

The last really great song with Gwen’s vocals was Dreaming the Same Dream back in 2012. Underrated! I hope she brings back the surf guitar too for at least one song it’s been ages. I think I’ll literally buy this album. Truth was okay and you could tell the album had two concepts.. the baby don’t lie and war paint direction, and the asking 4 it / red flag mess. Don’t juggle too much miss Gwenny Gwen Gwen. This time you’ll need to knock it out of the park. We’ll be here queen.

GwennyGwenGwen

btw this is the Luke Niccoli guy that is the apparent producer of this track...he tried out for The Voice on the first season that Gwen was a judge, but Gwen's team was full at the time so she couldn't 'turn' for him...a cute full circle moment :hug:

https://streamable.com/uh8qnq

Oktober Knight
1 hour ago, EarStyle said:

Exactly. TIWTTFL flopped but in my opinion it was an amazing album and one of my favs of all time. We all know the charts are ageist anyway, I just want to finally get new Gwen tunes.