Lol....well I guess ska it is...:soda:

Never really liked the early No Doubt sound :noparty:

Omg she is coming :duca:

2 hours ago, josesuxx said:

When she reintroduces herself as a country singer :ahh:

Honestly it would almost be worth it for the meltdowns :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

I'm curious as to what Ross Golan's involvement is going to be

I'm not that excited about his involvement. He's a bit run of the mill.

GwennyGwenGwen
1 minute ago, EarStyle said:

I'm not that excited about his involvement. He's a bit run of the mill.

Ya, he's hit or miss for me...but i'm just curious what exactly his involvement is. I do like the idea of her working with a young basically unknown producer like Luke Niccoli though.

NumbFentyStan

So excited for her to be back :duca: 

Hope it ain't country though....

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Her Zara Larsson serve

EDIT: nvm, i just got the joke fbkjjqwhbf :rip:

Edited by NumbFentyStan
GwennyGwenGwen
4 minutes ago, raven said:

the fact that she tweeted these just yesterday makes me think she's going back to pop :jonny5:

Right? What I got from her picking those specific singles too, is that they were all very much concept driven in terms of the imagery and fantasy...God I hope she's going back to that for this era.

2 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Right? What I got from her picking those specific singles too, is that they were all very much concept driven in terms of the imagery and fantasy...God I hope she's going back to that for this era.

it's just too much of a coincidence for her to post these classic pop singles with a song called "let me reintroduce myself" coming out 

19 minutes ago, raven said:

the fact that she tweeted these just yesterday makes me think she's going back to pop :jonny5:

She's also been and done pop though. Two country collaborations with Blake where she is the feature is not any indication of what direction she may go

Idgi what job do these insiders have? They obviously dont hack for stuff but work in a record label - but what job has access to stuff like this omg :deadbanana2:

GwennyGwenGwen
1 minute ago, raven said:

it's just too much of a coincidence for her to post these classic pop singles with a song called "let me reintroduce myself" coming out 

Honestly, there's a lot of mixed signals as to what direction she's going in. She's been dropping ska-ish hints, worked with her brother on a song, Nasri and Di Genuis... But then also big pop hints like these (and my original first hearing about this new music back in August is that they were going for a big pop comeback)... Ross Golan and Luke Niccoli involved with the track, could mean a lot of different things musically.... And she's also been promoting and putting out 'Anaheim Hillbillies' merch a lot recently which does make me wonder. 

At this point, I'm kind of expecting an album that puts a lot of her past sounds in a blender, from ska to pop to alternative to country... But who the hell knows with her.

1 hour ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Ya, he's hit or miss for me...but i'm just curious what exactly his involvement is. I do like the idea of her working with a young basically unknown producer like Luke Niccoli though.

I'm excited she's working with new people! Gwen has a tendency to work again and again with the same people she befriends. The fact she's working with new people at least shows we're getting something different from her.

This name is giving me WYWF vibes!

GwennyGwenGwen
11 minutes ago, jhmacal said:

I'm excited she's working with new people! Gwen has a tendency to work again and again with the same people she befriends. The fact she's working with new people at least shows we're getting something different from her.

This name is giving me WYWF vibes!

Yessss I agree with both these things. It kind of feels like this might be the proper creative follow-up to LAMB and TSE. No Doubt albums have always been deeply personal and that's been their focus (with the exception of RS maybe)...but LAMB and TSE were much more focused on creativity and trying new things and exploring musically...TIWTTFL 100% focused on being a personal album, and her first solo album to be that way.... I'm thinking this new album is going to follow the LAMB and TSE tradition of being focused on the concepts and exploration more than the intimate personal side, and I'm here for it.

And 'Let Me Reintroduce Myself' is the perfect concept to tease and hype up a comeback and album early next year. I feel like it's going to be meant more as a statement single to grab attention for that, than as something meant to have longevity and survive the holiday freeze. 

Edited by GwennyGwenGwen
4 hours ago, bad guy said:

Let me reintroduce myself, I'm a country loving kinda girl

Got a beer in the fridge, LAMB on the q, and a country man who rocks my world

With a bundle of hay and a barn outback, still rocking these Harajuku pearls

Wave that flag up high, I'll blow your mind, give that monster truck a whirl

That's me...a country loving kinda girl

97B22E91-B147-40AD-A032-5289AC77FFE6.thu

:bibliahh: The way I sang it in her voice :bibliahh:

You could be on to something. :biblio:

GwennyGwenGwen

Oh also there is said to be 'na na na na na na's' in the song, per the sources who've been right about everything else so far.

If it’s dropping on Monday that means it must be getting a radio premiere? And it must be getting some type of radio deal?