Imagine prefering Say Soemthing over Magic :deadbanana2:

Imagine not thinking both are masterpieces

IvJpTIj.gif

---

Chromatica, Folklore and Petals for Armor are cute/great

Don't Wanna, SHYHMF :clap3: 

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Remmy said:

Singles~ Bury Us yesss :katie2: Don't bother with the album, there's nearly no other standouts. Surprised to see AIBMH this high when you just got into it recently. So Hot has gotta be my favorite in this set :sats: But there's plenty of other great songs in here || Albums~ High Road & Chromatica dragged :'( Grouplove really did tease us way too hard with Deleter, even their previous weakest album (Spreading Rumours) had a handful of strong tracks. Kid Krow, Love Goes, folklore & Petals deserve better but I'm not surprised to see them here. Maniac, Little League, Dance, Kids Again, exile, august, Pure Love, Sugar On the Rim ARE highlights indeed :clap3:

Well AIBMH is charting well on my countdown currently so I thought it should at least be near the top 50. Like I said on yours though In a Strangers Arms would've done well too if I had known it earlier.

20 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

Almost flaw free set :clap3:

Exist for Love is such a great song it reminds me of Lana del Rey at her peak. 

Agree on Alec, his album is great from start to finish. I wasn’t much of an album listener this year but his is one of the 5 albums I actually listened in whole more than once. I hope he doesn’t go mainstream so that he doesn’t change his sound like Ed Sheeran did.

I want to like BYG as much as I enjoyed SYL but it’s just not it. I’m happy he’s not a 1hw but I don’t get why that song in particular became a hit. 

I'll say more when I reveal his album but my only complaint is that we had most of the songs already so it wasn't that exciting to listen to it. Then unfortunately those songs turned out to be better than all of the new ones except MITR lol

11 hours ago, Lazuli said:

lmlylaw is really just a typical lana song but its still not too bad

i prefer say something over magic!! i better see it up high

dont wanna is really catchy indeed

shyhmf, break my heart bops :clap3: 

kesha’s being done WRONG :fish2: 

the 1975’s album is WAY too bloated but the good outweighs the bad tbh 

chromatica :shakeno: 

i’m gonna have to lynch you for thinking folklore and petals for armor are just cute!!!!

Say Something will be pretty high, we'll see soon :mandown:

Well Taylor and Hayley/Paramore don't usually make it here so to be in that section is pretty good tbh :fan:

8 hours ago, Madame X said:

i feel like chromatica is just... i dunno, i will always like it? but i can understand the hatred.  i blame bloodpop, i think the songs are written well.

caroline shut up is veeeeeerrrrry underrated, glad youre considering it.  its got killer production.  but her best song is DOOR hands down.  that was early 2019 tho, not like like so hot so you can't cheat as much!

to me, 15 tracks is VERY long, but hayley's 15 track album is better than most... i'd say her and sevdaliza had the best 'long albums' of the year.  

yeah I do remember Door and Ocean of Tears, just not so much the others. Idk why I remember Caroline Shut Up specifically, I mean obviously because I liked it but I think the title interested me too before I even heard the song lol

again responding in 2 posts because ATRL keeps deleting them...

Spoiler
6 hours ago, prézli said:

Imagine prefering Say Soemthing over Magic :deadbanana2:

Magic is for the basic gays, Say Something is more of an experimental bop :gaycat6:

20 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Imagine not thinking both are masterpieces

IvJpTIj.gif

---

Chromatica, Folklore and Petals for Armor are cute/great

Don't Wanna, SHYHMF :clap3: 

Surprised you of all people are not mentioning Alanis!!
Also I recommend Vanessa if you haven't heard her already, I wasn't like in love with the album but if you liked SPFITR I feel like you'd like LIAA too

Edited by potent

spill @ the disappointments section, Fad, Keshit and 1975 delivered turrible albums :mandown:

folklore in the same section as Petals is a crime :mandown: glad other HAIM songs are higher cause Don't Wanna isn't one of my faves :-*

Say Something is cute but I prefer Magic :fan: Leon's song is cute and Break My Heart a massive bop obviously :clap3:

Break my heart was a bop :gaycat5: I got introduced to Alec with OMG, he's got some cute songs

yes drag Kesha that album is unlistenalbe

also yes drag the 1975. Imagine giving us that excellence that is If You're Too Shy LMK and then that album :rip:

and I agree about Chromatica. After ROM I thought 'ok she's coming' but yeah... no.

Agree with most of the album picks!

Chromatica was cute for a minute and that's it.

The 1975 album is terrible :fan:

yes folklore is super overrated but I still really like it! taylor did that, but I won't bother listening to evermore because I don't need another folklore. :mandown:

Nn Chromatica deserved better

I agree tho about High Road it’s horrible :deadbanana4:

Magic, Diamonds, Break my heart, Before you go  :clap3: 

For me "Magic" is one of her best singles  :jonny5:

Sadly The 1975 album wasn't that great but at least it had some good singles and of course the masterpiece of If You're too Shy

singles 40-21

two more updates left I think, 20-11 singles with great albums, then 10-1 singles with excellent and top 3 albums (honestly most albums are gonna be in the good or great category since I don't listen to something unless I think there's a pretty good chance I will like it)

I realized this is a lot of writing but next set it'll be less with only 10 songs lol, I know people don't read it all anyway but I hope you'll at least stop to read about the ones you know/like

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-8-59-50-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-9-00-05-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-9-00-14-PM.png

Edited by potent

albums: good

sorry about the split writeups again, I'll fix it next time

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-9-00-28-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-9-00-39-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-9-00-49-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-9-00-58-PM.png

• ATRL Moderator

Surprised you of all people are not mentioning Alanis!!
Also I recommend Vanessa if you haven't heard her already, I wasn't like in love with the album but if you liked SPFITR I feel like you'd like LIAA too

mess I haven't seen Alanis :deadbanana2:stop dragging her though :thing: 

Actually I'm not familiar with Vanessa outside of A Thousand Miles, maybe I'll check some stuff out!

Nice to see Hallelujah here, it's very underrated. Easy :clap3: WYP :WAP: EIW :clap3: Don't Wanna :jonny5: sleep at night, power :clap3: 

ellie's album was not that good though :thing: 

I completely forgot about Level of Concern too :deadbanana: It bopped a few months ago

AYBY, Easy, IYE & Supalonely :clap3:

Favorite from the song set is In Your Eyes. Should've been another big hit from him but Blinding Lights continues to overshadow. 

God FINALLY some love for Hallelujah, I am TIRED of people shading it. Alana's verse makes me wanna cry every time.

Sleep At Night + survivin' + Are You Bored Yet? + Level Of Concern + Supalonely + Power + everything i wanted + The Steps + My Own Soul's Warning + No Time To Die + Hallelujah :party:

Better Than This, Easy, What's Your Pleasure, In Your Eyes, Power :heart2::heart2::heart2:

hallelujah and easy are sweet :alexz3: the steps is a HUGE bop indeed! my 2nd favourite single from wimpiii 

what’s your pleasure is soooo good :jonny: 

sleep at night :clap3: i need taylor to cover it, i can totally hear her singing this 

power was a good save for ellie’s tragic run of singles 

everything else has gone wrong :clap3: glad that they came back after all! 

shore and brightest blue :clap3: 

Hallelujah is so beautiful :heart2: 

Better Than This making it :clap3: her vocals on it is top-notch, I think it was wrong lead single choice tho.

NTTD feels so uneventful :rip: WYP is full time sex anthem :fan:

Friends in the Corner :clap3: Everything I Wanted :smitten:

The Steps is my alternative anthem of the year :jonny:

In Your Eyes should've been bigger than BL tbh :eli:

Sleep at Night is perfection :heart:

Power :clap3:

Ellie making album list :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.