BlackoutZone's Best of 2020 | FINISHED

BlackoutZone

Yeah idk I think I just don't like Rina that much in general, everything else this set is great though :clap3:

After Hours, Miss a Thing, What's Your Pleasure, August all some of the highlights on their respective albums :clap3:

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackoutZone

• Blue Rose

• Legend E

• Psycho

Kylie :D 

• ATRL Moderator

Mess I- I really like how it ends the album!

i lowkey find it annoying :skull: 

---

YESS AHH SPILL PERIOD :jonny5:

Miss A Thing, XS, What's Your Pleasure? :clap3:

Another top 10 for after hours. Love to see it. Jessie is really sweeping the year huh 

Relay & Shameika are my top 2! Damn After Hours is so high on people's Best Ofs. I really need to stop underrating it LOL I like it a lot but I like a lot more of the album. Miss a Thing so cute, not quite my favorite but a great pick!

Alright I can forgive Shartigan with August being here. Yeah I'm kinda glad Jack only produced one song on Everclear (the worse one too nn) cuz I'm getting a bit sick of him and I preferred Aaron's songs on the album more. But August WHEW.

XS and What's Your Pleasure, literal legendary songs YUP!

YESS DADDY AHHH SPILL PERIOD (After Hours could go tho :fan:)

oh wow this set :jonny5: 

miss a thing is the highlight of disco! v

GODgust :jonny4: i see you putting it at 8 on purpose tho :eli: 

XS and what’s your pleasure ahhhh excellence everywhere 

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Post Malone said:

All bops

wulja3O.gif

The rarest bops to exist :clap3:

23 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

nnn I lost :eli: but august is indeed the best song on folklore so deserved

AMAZING update tho, I love all the songs, can't wait for the top 5!

Tysm king, it's finally here!

23 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Wait this 10-6 PUNCH YUP

YUP, it's just excellence now!

23 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

August is in my Folklore trinity :clap3: 

Jessie’s title track securing another top5 :jonny5:

It's SO intense, I love it :jonny2:

23 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

Miss a Thing and august are both in the top 3 of their albums :clap3:

XS & WYP are bops :WAP:

Glad you agree :clap3: 

23 hours ago, Valtersen said:

22 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

YESS AHH SPILL PERIOD:jonny5:

THESE right here yup :clap3:

22 hours ago, 1998tweety said:

Magic, LIR, cardigan :clap3:all excellent

August is excellence, def one of if not my fav song from the album :alexz:

What's Your Pleasure? and XS making it too :clap3:

I'm glad everyone universally agrees these are incredible songs and highlights :clap3:

22 hours ago, prézli said:

So, Dua is your entire top 5. :-* 

Well, there we are so you can check if you were right :mandown:

22 hours ago, Madame X said:

WYP being in ANOTHER top ten :jonny: 

august and xs, omg, well, what a stunning beginning to a top 10, have a lot of expectations for ur top 5 (no pressure)

after hours third best on the album! 

Thank you! As I said the top 5 is exactly what people predict it will be, I expect at least 4 songs on it to be universally loved :mandown:

22 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Miss A Thing, August and What's Your Pleasure? :worship2:

Stunning just stunning songs :alexz: 

22 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

I don't use Taylor and still haven't listened to Disco but the rest are great choices

wulja3O.gif

DISCO is very inviting and easy listen so catch up!

22 hours ago, KasioKas said:

I don't use the Dua remixes AT ALL.

But XS is a bop!

They aren't all bad as people trying to convince you.. :fan: 

22 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

yas @ Miss a Thing praise :jonny5: my favorite track too :jonny5:

August :heart2:

What's Your Pleasure is :flame: 

TASTE! :clap3:

22 hours ago, ikiru said:

tea! the more I see the song getting praised here, the more I fall in love with it, such an amazing song :alexz:

overall a wonderful update! I like all of the songs! :heart2:

Exactly, thank you :heart:

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

YESS AHH SPILL PERIOD GIA GUNN THE HOUSE DOWN YASSS SLAY MAMA CARLY RAE JEPSEN CHARLI XCX BOOTS PURRRR QUEEN YOU SIPPED MY WERK WIG! :jonny5::oh:

After Hours is nice. august, XS & WYP? giving us that 1-2-3 punch we deserve :alexz: C'mon now! Ready to see this top 5

Wel you spilled :oh: 

20 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

august, XS, what's your pleasure? :clap3::clap3:

Classic after classic, all will age so well!

18 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

The Weeknd and Kylie :clap3:

Imagine their collab actually whew...

18 hours ago, Enigmanotta said:

YESS AHH SPILL PERIOD :jonny5: STREAM YUKIKA

She better release MORE so I can stream sum new yup...

15 hours ago, potent said:

Yeah idk I think I just don't like Rina that much in general, everything else this set is great though :clap3:

After Hours, Miss a Thing, What's Your Pleasure, August all some of the highlights on their respective albums :clap3:

XS is definitely not an instant track I would say, but it's worth getting into

Thanks though :clap3:

15 hours ago, M A R N ✮ said:

Kylie :D 

Queen :alexz: 

13 hours ago, Legend E said:

i lowkey find it annoying :skull: 

---

Not annoying chile lemme hide,

but TEA :clap3:

13 hours ago, Ava Max said:

Miss A Thing, XS, What's Your Pleasure? :clap3:

Excellent songs huh!

13 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Another top 10 for after hours. Love to see it. Jessie is really sweeping the year huh 

She really is, but sadly still not enough outside of ATRL and gay twitter bubble

11 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Relay & Shameika are my top 2! Damn After Hours is so high on people's Best Ofs. I really need to stop underrating it LOL I like it a lot but I like a lot more of the album. Miss a Thing so cute, not quite my favorite but a great pick!

Alright I can forgive Shartigan with August being here. Yeah I'm kinda glad Jack only produced one song on Everclear (the worse one too nn) cuz I'm getting a bit sick of him and I preferred Aaron's songs on the album more. But August WHEW.

XS and What's Your Pleasure, literal legendary songs YUP!

Oh Relay is amazing :clap3:I feel like AH is just step ahead of the rest of the album it's something beyond Abel's standards :keir:

Well he did TWO - Gold Rush and Ivy and imo both are great :mandown: Aaron is quickly getting tired to me as much as Jack though, she clearly can leave them both in the past already and try something new for the next record

7 hours ago, geodancefreak said:

YESS DADDY AHHH SPILL PERIOD (After Hours could go tho :fan:)

IT REALLY COULDNT! But tysm :heart2:

4 hours ago, Lazuli said:

oh wow this set :jonny5: 

miss a thing is the highlight of disco! v

GODgust :jonny4: i see you putting it at 8 on purpose tho :eli: 

XS and what’s your pleasure ahhhh excellence everywhere 

The Taylor swift in me jumped out huh?

Glad we agree these are all highlights!

1 hour ago, dweebz said:

August.... ok. Ok.

Massive song what can I see :alexz: 

Thank you everyone! And finally we arrived to the rather expected top 5 and perhaps a bit unexpected SOTY!

Enjoy :heart:

7hCszd5.jpg

Do I even need to explain this one? It's a non-stop adrenaline filled capsulated club experience we are longing for in 2020 so badly. Brilliant, intense synth-pop track. It's also complimented by the best music video of 2020. I always considered Hallucinate its sister track and I was debating if maybe I should put it here instead (like critics on many YE lists kii), but the first listen of Physical was a ground shattering thrill filled experience and Hallucinate was just its replication.

PuGT9Bz.jpg

I feel like all the songs in the top 5 are just self-explanatory for this forum. Lush, joyful dance-pop banger, a top notch nu-disco excellence constantly building and ascending to new highs with every section. Dua's pop music was always among the finest to me, but Levitating is one of these songs that showcase her stylistic growth since the debut era. I'm obviously gonna note the rapid Blessed Madonna remix with Madonna and Missy Elliott which received tons of undeserving hate. While it doesn't really elevate the song, it takes it to a new direction unfolding more greatness and infinite potential of the song's masterful melody, chorus, hook.

jvXIEa5.jpg

It's no secret that Kylie's efforts of the mid to late 10s were mostly uninspired and disappointing so you can imagine my joy, as a huge Kylie fan, when she served this late-career highlight as a lead single of her amazing new album. Cinematic, extremely spacious and its space is filled with glittery dust and ethereal grace. It perfectly represents the disco dance pop nature of the record without being too on the nose. It's a clear lead choice even after hearing such great album full of highlights. I also absolutely love the lyrics too, we are all so distant from each other, more than ever in this unfortunate 2020...

elqDxOv.jpg

Perhaps an unpopular choice for the ultimate Future Nostalgia highlight and I can't really point which of its many aspects dominates so much over other brilliant singles. Is it the timeless Need You Tonight riff the song is effortlessly built around, the bouncy bassline Dua's other career highlight Don't Start Now is so loved for or maybe the lyrics I can really relate to this year about falling for someone that will inevitably break my heart? Don't know, but it's my most played song of 2020 and it still hits as hard as when I've heard it for the firs time.

SONG OF THE YEAR

Spoiler

Sx2GmxA.gif

And finally, the one and only, crown jewel of my list, cherry on top of the glamorous 2020 disco revival - Spotlight by Jessie Ware from her flawless album What's Your Pleasure? I knew this would be my 1 from the very beginning, it's just one of a kind song for Jessie, another perfect lead single and perfect album opener as its the most inviting, captivating song of her career. It's a night ride through the streets of New York City, it's a midnight French kiss with your loved one, it's a last dance of the wild Studio54 night.

It's like a dream, but if 

A dream is just a dream, then I don't wanna sleep tonight...

a1fb34555c88a185d4fa8faaddd4826537b7f463.gifv

So here it is everyone! Thank you so much for participating, commenting, sharing your thoughts and hopefully appreciating this little journey through the music of 2020! The full recap is available on the first page, next year maybe I will finally rank albums/eps too  :fan: 

Y'all were really sure about Dua snatching my #1, but in all fairness there is one song I do love more than Spotlight, a rather uncommon one, maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people - the title track, Future Nostaliga. But those who follow my Best Ofs know it was already a last minute winner of 2019 and I do not regret this choice at all as it still is my #1 and now I can let Jessie shine a bit more in the year she owned just nearly as much as Dua on my list.

annnnddd Jessie snatched another top 3... :deadbanana2:

But yas at Dua STOMPING

• ATRL Moderator

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

another W for jessie.

3 dua songs in the top 5, can't blame you though, the album is full of bops and great songs.  surprised you picked say something.  magic and i love it are better but i do appreciate how spacey it is. 

:ahh: Almost... Why is Jessie Ware so popular. HER ALBUM FLOPPED, HELLLLO. WHY DIDN'T YOU PEOPLE BUY IT???

This flawless top 5

and yeah spotlight is easily the best non Dua song this year :mandown: just a beautiful track

Oh Jack worked on Ivy too? nvm he's forgiven, lowkey best song on the album.

OMG I'm glad to see you (I'm assuming) sharing your top picks between Jessie and Dua instead of giving them all to Dua! Break My Heart an unexpected top Dua track, but I'm happy to see all the other songs you have in your top 5 :clap3: 

Absolutely perfect top 5, although you know I'd swap Physical with Break My Heart without hesitation. :mandown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.