Magical Christmas Mafia - Christmas Day: Misfit Yules Win!

Dessy

Just now, Jay-Zicario said:

dRL1vzW.gif

I was right. Not like it was difficult with all the clues left at that point, let's be honest. 

dRL1vzW.gif

Shouldve signed up

dRL1vzW.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• Dessy

• mokitsu

• Overprotected

1 minute ago, Jay-Zicario said:

dRL1vzW.gif

I was right. Not like it was difficult with all the clues left at that point, let's be honest. 

dRL1vzW.gif

24 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

y’all letting guero live after I died and lynching worldwide angel was just dumb as rocks glad we lost 

dRL1vzW.gif

bloop

https://i.imgur.com/RTbpSqU.gif

1 hour ago, miguel said:

at least it wasn't the mafia that made me sing Mooriah every ****ing day, so yay!

dRL1vzW.gif

mr grinch can’t resist!

dRL1vzW.gif

2 hours ago, Guero said:

me freezing @Taylucifer when he used his one and only chance to save himself really helped :lmao:

PLEASEEE :dies: i got frozen during the only time my role was actually useful 

dRL1vzW.gif

Magical Christmas Mafia Summary

Thank you all for signing up and playing. I think this was a pretty decent game and it was so, so close that practically any different actions during the last few phases could've easily been a Songbirds or Town win. But Misfit Yules ultimately made the right decisions in the end and won. So congratulations to them

Some of my thoughts:

• I kinda thought the No Lynch this game was okay? Obviously it's not ideal but the way it ultimately prevented a Miguel's lynch was net + for Town. Plus you did have some information to work off, i.e. I believe someone was looking at miguel's lynch train first two votes as properly trolly and then another player pointed out touya's inconsistency with a past game. Basically, Day 1 was better than everyone going straight for no lynch for no reason. 
  • I think you all need to allow more room for troll-y players to be townread. PinkBox and Touch It were that this game. Obviously they don't seem (and probably aren't) too helpful but there are some tells like Touch It plainly stating that he doesn't care if Miguel is Santa(town) or mafia. Something like that is harder to come from an evil role so publicly :rip: 
  • Alternatively, I think you all need to allow room for townies to be wrong. Wrong =/= mafia. Especially early on when so few people have any idea who might be who. 
  • And on that note, it seemed there was a distinct lack of town-circling or asking anyone who they think is town. Frankly, it seemed like you were all trying to push people over each other instead of with each other and mafia pretty much hid in most of these except when it came to like touya's lynch for example.
  • There was this thing on Discord where touya was asking miguel what the next move was or something. Some people took that straight up to be a scum slip and not a "lemme ask this active player what we should do next" which is probably what happens more often than not.
  • On that note, just remember that Discord is NOT the game thread or other mafia-related chats. It's simply easier to chat causally and be active on discord than it is to come onto this sluggish site, enter the thread and analyze post and votes and throw around or defend against accusations. And at this point, enough people are waaaayyy more careful about not having a slip on discord. 
  • I think this is the second game where I had a 3-person chat with a mafia in it and no one (including people outside of the chat) blinked an eye when I had a secret mafia in it last time. For the record y'all, +3-person chats are not to be trusted like 90% of the time. 
  • I think it's obvious at this point but I designed the two mafias differently. Songbirds were meant to be misleading and disruptive to the game state while Yules were more Anti-Santa and Power Expert. Evenly matched was pretty much how many there are. 
  • I think some people are still confused by why the game were still going when it was 2 yules vs 1 songbird vs 1 town but basically OP was gifted a kill granting them a chance to try for a draw which is better than an outright loss. Also I kind of forgot I was randomizing lynches... oops. 
  • The 3 post thing per cycle kind of failed. Only like 3 people really were falling behind but even then they were able to bounce back. Personally, I'll up to 5 posts for me next game but my next game will be smaller so I only expect people with reliable activity then anyway. 

Game-Shifting moments imo: 

• Fruity (Ariana) successfully disguising PinkBox's role so early on setting the stage for a chaos gamestate.
  • Yules sniping Fruity pretty much undoing that :skull: 
  • Miguel focusing on Daylight and successfully giving him a random invest and kill, to eventually take out auburn (Jesus). I definitely think the ideal strat for a role like this is to pick an inconspicuous person you have some trust in. And in time they could possibly confirm you without even outing themself. (And Auburn btw I did NOT know they would shoot you when I give you an additional winning cause :bibliahh:)
  • Kinda behind-the-scene but Songbirds was pretty much thinking that someone in the Manger chat was a Yule since I hinted at Mafias being evenly matched led to what I think was potentially a wasted kill (although Lucky#17 was probably smart enough to start putting things together)
  • Guero freezing luckystrike who was targeting Chiidish for a kill. I think this is the move that ultimately saved Guero from being lynched next and weakening town. Btw I had an AMAZING write up for that night but it was ruined when Guero announce his freeze like 40 minutes before the deadline. :chick3: (Btw you're allowed to do that, I'm just sad that I didn't get a notification from discord for it for some reason)
  • Also that night, Sanguine gifting Noah the fake kill (bomb). 
  •  Guero freezing the doctor when they were about to protect themselves. 
  • Guero freezing OP when they were about to kill wondy. In conclusion, I can't believe my nerfed Enforcer role was the most influential role in the game :huh:  

And below are my observation on you all playing. Nothing crazy, you may disagree or point out what I got wrong. I've decided no grades this time (or rather everyone gets a "Pass"?) cause only a few people kind of stood out, but also no one did absolutely horrible as to tip the scales away from their team. I only wish that the lower activity stepped up more.

• Anthem: You did pretty decent imo. You had a bit of a panic when you sensed things were going wrong but I think the fact that you recognized the situation before it actually happen is something to be fine-tuned. Definitely turn that panic into maybe a hail mary throwdown next time or something. 
  • Auburn: Kinda didn't grasp your role fully. Ended up confusing the hell out of the Songbirds :rip: In fairness, some of the wordings + context I gave you on the card do imply that they'd be placed in a chat but I think you probably should've realized that when you weren't entered into any chat like your initial one. Basically don't be afraid to throw questions at the host tbh. And 3P roles are notoriously hard to win with unless they're like the Jester or Executioner so honestly don't feel bad about not surviving long.  
  • Chiidish: You had a solid game, came up with some solid strat. I mean you're pretty much good at this so you probably well capable of figuring out anything to improve. 
  • Daylight: Used your gifted power as best as you could tbh. Although auburn was townsided, he was still a 3P and you remove that layer of cover for any potential mafia to use 3P as a cover. 
  • fiercE - Missed Day 1 but still figured out Touya and Fruity early on. You had a good game this time. Keep this up. 
  • Fruity - Successfully managed to use their ability N1 and almost got away with it before being suddenly killed by the other mafia. Idek what else to say here, your death was kind of spontaneous :deadbanana2:
  • Guero - Frankly, I have no idea how you lasted so long but you honestly picked ideal targets for the freeze. I think your instincts are pretty good. You just need to work on simply blending in and not... blending out :rip:. I know that you were also busy most of the game though. 
  • Lucky#17 - I think you did a decent job for your first time. You’re probably aware by now that mafia and town frankly take all shapes and forms. Someone posting a lot and pushing around is probably more likely to be town than mafia because of the carefulness that most mafia roles try to do.  While the real mafia is probably the person that was right next to you the whole time :gaycat1:This doesn't apply to every player though. Anyway, I hope you'll play one of the next ones! Each mafia is a different experience tbh. 
  • Luckystrike - Wrong instinct with the first kill but learned and held on the next kill, eventually taking aim at Chiidish on N4 which would’ve been a great shot if it wasn’t for Guero’s/Jack Frost’s interference. Stepped up after it seemed like town was running out of strong voices too. 
  • Miguel - Huge initial fumble but managed to avoid a lynch while being psuedo-silenced and accurately naming 3 mafia member that town would eventually look at, even though they failed to carry on with the third one. 
  • mokitsu: Had a decent game. You were pretty much getting ready to follow through on a mafia but that's why both mafia team wanted to take you on (Sing! was used on you when you died). Also idk if this was the case but it felt like you were holding back a lil on voting in case you needed to step in and tip the scales? If that's the case, then I applaud the strategy. 
  • Noah: Thank you for subbing in! I think you did a good job of catching up and not really being seen as scummy after people wanted your slot GONE. You probably would've been solid for the endgame but you went with that gifted gun :rip: Yes I know there was another friendly Santa but still from your POV the real Santa was gone :coma:. But you were targeting a mafia with it so it was a good choice for targeting. 
  • Nurr: Really can't even say much. You died early. :emofish:
  • Overprotected - I think at this point you proven you can last all game without being deemed a critial threat or falling into that inactive zone. Basically you're excellent at doing a proper under the radar play. You also manage to not slip up at all in the manger chat (I was worried you were going to say you had a power when auburn revealed his power :rip:) but you really pulled through. If I did a grade you'd get an A+.
  • Pinkbox: I mean you admitted to pretty much playing around but tbh I think at least half of your lynch was basically a pure anti-PinkBox lynch for no/minor reasons :rip: 
  • Psycho: You died early but tbh I hardly saw anything that was worthy of being suspected by any town frankly. Especially considering the Yules were also thinking about eliminating you that same night. 
  • Rence: You had  some acute observation early on but obviously I can't really speak on much else since they killed you early.:date4:
  • Rotunda: I'm sure you were busy but thank you for showing up the final day!:siptea:
  • Sanguine: Pretty much did well to fly under the radar until voting pattern sort of gave you away later on. Also I was a lil worried when you didn't gift anyone the bomb earlier (since it's essentially a free kill before Santa Claus dies) but I think it turned out to be ideal timing when you did so great job.
  • Taylucifer: Don't feel bad about your play/target, sis. Doctor is HARD without a clear townie to protect. That's said, your instincts were good. You were targeting pretty much all the right people, top town. However, I was hoping you would protect luckystrike again because he was clearly the top town then and the mafia clearly wasn't expecting doctor (trust me, they didn't even attempt to rolehunt for ha :biblio:) but protecting yourself was also yet another good instinct play. But sadly, you were stopped by the mafia roleblocker. 
  • Teenage Dreaming: Another person who died early but you weren't really here Day One either so I can't say much of anything. 
  • Touch It: Nick what the heck was that?? At least you acquired the Santa's power and successfully gifted someone. 
  • touya kinomoto: I recognize that it's kind of hard for you to shake a scumread once you get one. But you managed enough to not be the outright lynch candidate and even escaping it for a good while which is remarkable to me. 
  • wondy: It was sort of interesting how you went from kind of not doing anything to managing to get townread by a few top towns to basically pushing an attempt to lynch the last songbird so you can go 2 v 2 for the win right then and there. That last part didn't quite work out exactly but you ultimately finished it with a Yules victory so great play there. If I were to give a grade I would give an S. Even some folks in deadchat couldn't recognize that you were a mafia after you come up with something that was objectively dumb from town POV but ultimately game-winning from your/Yules POV :kiss:
  • worldwide angel: I noticed you were kinda of building up into it toward the end there. But we need to see you do that and bring the activity earlier sis!

Props to you if you read all of that word vomit. Again thank you for playing, and stay tuned for the next one!

@miguel @Fruity @Nurr @Psycho @Rotunda @Auburn @mokitsu @Lucky#17 @Overprotected @touya kinomoto @Guero @fiercE @Taylucifer @Sanguine @PinkBox @Rence @luckystrike @Chiidish @worldwide angel @Anthem @Daylight @wondy @TeenageDreaming @Touch It @Noah

That write up was cute, I agree with all the grades. Especially OP and Wondy (a rat!)

Oh wow my fellow Misfits won! I really tried hard to stay for a while. Hadn't I slept in I would have lasted longer because I had a double vote that day I got lynched kii.

I did not know I basically saved myself when i chose to freeze lucky :deadbanana:

46 minutes ago, Dessy said:

basically a pure anti-PinkBox lynch for no/minor reasons :rip: 

can you blame them? i lich rally don't know a worse person :biblio:

-

thank you for hosting love @Dessy, it was an ultimately really fun game despite the constant targeting (from both lynch bandwagons and the songbirds :biblio:), and a very  exciting finale :heart2:

If I get mafia next time I'm starting a lynch train on myself. 3P or bust

L66zMI1.gif

Thanks for the game tho king :heart2:

Thank you so much for hosting Dessy! :heart2: Feel free to tag me here or send me a DM on discord whenever the next mafia is made please!!

this was fun, i should have probably anticipated finals week too but i needed something to keep me entertained :skull:

thank you :heart2:

14 hours ago, Dessy said:
  • Touch It: Nick what the heck was that?? At least you acquired the Santa's power and successfully gifted someone. 
  •  

thank you

On 12/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, Dessy said:

Anthem: You did pretty decent imo. You had a bit of a panic when you sensed things were going wrong but I think the fact that you recognized the situation before it actually happen is something to be fine-tuned. Definitely turn that panic into maybe a hail mary throwdown next time or something. 

Thanks for the critique. I’ll keep that in mind for my next Mafia.

Thanks for hosting, too!  I had a lot of fun getting to finally play in one of these beyond the first night. :lakitu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.