• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CosTaSsSs

• SavagePapi

• Dabbyy

• Jef

the video is good wasn't what I was wanted. I thought she's going to rock the video with her dancing but ok. 

SchmoodRing
12 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I think her most missed opportunities were not releasing an album after Ain't Your Mama's success and not having a song during Super Bowl. 

Recordandote is released by another artist, and it's kinda horrible to be honest. Although I would love to have Por Primera Vez, as it would be her first uptempo Spanish album. As for the Bad Bunny collab, someone confirmed that it was his song and they decided to not release it, but her team and Jen wanted the song so they released it on their own budget. 

Therefore, I think she was never confirmed for DJ Khaled being on his album, we just assumed 'cause she fimed a video with him and it ended up being her doing a cameo. :rip: Us would be an amazing second single after Ain't Your Mama, and a Spanish version of it would be an instant hit imo. The Enrique and Shakira missed opportunities were also a dissapointment. Especially when Mouth 2 Mouth was an amazing song and very fresh during that time. 

With all the teasing that she was doing it seemed like Breaking Me Down was gonna be the follow up to Ain't Your Mama and that would've been lovely. AYM being a good solo song and popping off the way it did just proved she just needs to release and push the right material. I still think with JLuma that Recordándote would've been good. Damn I didn't know that about the JBunny song. Wow girl if not even BB didn't want the song out why did you? I would've taken that as a sign that their clearly is no confidence in that record. Why would she film a cameo for DJ Khaled instead of making another record? Que idiota. M2M was Enrique's song and should've been released or at least Physical as a single. No question about it. A hot ass video with JLo worshipping Enrique and Enrique dancing would've been 👌 

11 hours ago, FreeXone said:

I think she dropped the ball by not having a hot feature. Urban/RNb hooks are her sweet spot and she didn't hop on not ONE hot feature the last 3-4 years as this **** is peaking?

And not releasing a hot single around Superbowl was a SUPER ****ing fumble. I mean covid happened so it is what it is but STILL. 

Again she was working with the likes of Big Sean, Tyga, Future, Wiz Khalifa and nothing came out. What a freaking puta. 

10 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

Alot of questions here that have been answered before so I'll post them here....

Well, she did sort of. She was supposed to be on the "RITMO (Remix)", and for whatever reason it got cancelled. A mess! :sad:

They did. It was called "Mouth to Mouth" and was eventually leaked. According to them, they couldn't find the right song. But he had "Dance Again", and he gave it to J.Lo because she felt it was symbolic due to her divorce. In 2014, they recorded "Physical" for his album.

He also wrote "Same Girl" & "Booty". But I agree his pen talent could have served a bop. A female "Loyal" would had been dope! Also, it was he who pushed her to record "Booty". She thought it was tacky. :skull:

Never understood it either. But at her age, I don't think she has producers knocking at her door either. Could explain all the copy/paste RedOne collabs at the time.

• Agreed. But her lead single was trash. "Ni Tu Ni Yo" ft. Whack Reggaetoners Gente De Zona? It sounded so generic. Marc should have never been a producer. It was not "Como Ama Una Mujer 2.0". Not sure why he was involved. "Amor 3x" ft. Wisin should had been the lead single considering he was smashing with "Escapte Conmigo" at the time as well. I didn't get it. She had to save face with "El Anillo" which came about randomly and outside Marc.

"Breaking Me Down" was like 2015ish? Never released. And "Medicine" flopped. I guess she thought the remix would help save it. A mess! The Happy Colors Remix was cute though.
•  I remember there was a Tyga, Big Sean remix to "I Luh Ya Papi" and they didn't drop it. A mess. She also had "Girls" ft. Tyga, but it had no official release? I think it was only promotional. It was added as a Japanese/Target bonus track on "A.K.A"? A mess. Future collab. Maxwell collab. Robin Thicke/Wiz Khalifa collab. Missy Elliott rumored collab. Sean Paul rumored collab. And nothing.

The "Anillo (Remix)" was a non-event. It was only a push to help her reach #1 on Latin Airplay. That was the plan I think. But literally no video, no promo, no point. And her new second verse wasn't needed either. A mess!

Agreed. I was like huh? I think she compared it to "I'm Real"? I forgot. But I didn't understand why it was trap while Becky G was slaying with "Mayores". They should had swapped songs imo. Spanish Trap for J.Lo is not her forte.

She still got it. Youthfulness, choreo, fashion, charm, star power. Despite what Stan Twitter or ATRL thinks, she's actually well liked by the GP. We've been on this road before between 2009-2010. She was underperforming, and got a lot of hate and flack online until "Idol" & "On The Floor. Then had the Best Selling Female Song and Most Viewed Video of the year. She has what it takes to serve another bop, but she needs to get in the studio, get with the right people and get the right song. Since she got with A-Rod, she's been serving subpar material. Yes, I'm blaming him. :toofunny3:

• instead of hopping on a remix of a song that's already ran it's course she should've done an original feature so that's her fault

• Physical then should've been released 

• I remember her saying that she played the demo around her kids and since they liked it because they found it catchy then she recorded. The irony of her calling it tacky when it was the online thing that kept her era from flat lining 💀 

• If producers aren't approaching her then she should approach them. But she's a Leo so I doubt she'd do that.

• It was just so weird how a whole era and album was just shelved and scrapped. Like... why is someone like JLo going through an XCX World type of situation. She was also working on new material with the same people from EA and again nothing came out. 

• Breaking Me Down should've rightfully taken the place of Medicine.

• She needs to stop with these unnecessary ass remixes and tell these people to throw her bone and work on something fresh with her. And wait a minute Missy and Sean were suppose to be on her songs or the other way around? That would've been so huge for her 😭 Jennifer wtf 😭 

• Yeah JTempo needs to realize we want BOPS from her. No one who thinks JLo thinks trap... their is no correlation there. She thought she was serving I'm Real and we ended up getting Really? 🙄

• I agree with everything that you said in your last point 👐 

3 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

Uhh you experts ... go find a new job, you're wasting your managing talents.

Btw, video is out and it has poor views and 0 impact on itunes ... geeeez.

Cant wait for Marry Me era ... Sony Music >>>> Flopco and Flop Reid.

How are you gonna condescend us only to prove our points with your following statements? This is exactly what we're saying.

1 hour ago, HAIZSLAIZ said:

Everything y’all said is just boiling my blood. She really could be slaying right now and have had so many hits but her team is old, tired and no longer qualified. 
They’ve already screwed up ITM’s release BUT it’s not too late. Send it to radio and playlist the damn thing and they’d have a minor hit at least. 
The stupid thing is that they never playlist her songs... how do they not know that streaming is most important right now? Are they stuck in 2011 and think iTunes means a hit? 
Like I would LOVE an explanation on why they have turned her into a flop. It feels like they do it on purpose. 

Now I’m just pissed. So thank you for reminding me about all of that. 😂

If she got managed by someone like Scooter Braun whew. But I feel your pain. 

56 minutes ago, Dabbyy said:

Pa Ti on spotify, but they pushed a wrong version lol

Their should've only been 1 version to not confuse casual listeners 

izzyinsane
3 hours ago, SO.UNCOOL™ said:

I think we need to accept the fact that Jenny will never be a force on the charts again and that’s honestly ok. She had her time and slayed it all while managing a movie career. The other pop girls have no idea what that’s like.

What I wish is for her to stop releasing all these little singles and just put out an album. I really want her to record a full dance album, 12 non stop bops from start to finish. She has a better chance of getting critically acclaimed album then a commercially successful one.

Totally agree. She needs to pull a Kylie “Disco” like album full of bops that work perfectly with her vocals and release that. I’m sure she can garner some critical acclaim with some top notch producers and songwriters under her belt.

SchmoodRing
36 minutes ago, izzyinsane said:

Totally agree. She needs to pull a Kylie “Disco” like album full of bops that work perfectly with her vocals and release that. I’m sure she can garner some critical acclaim with some top notch producers and songwriters under her belt.

This is actually the perfect career route for her to go.

SavagePapi
37 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

The views are terrible! Triller better count their streams though.. 

Well, we missed 11hrs from midnight due to their mess up. They re-uploaded it around 11ish in the morning.

Even then, it seems like she's not caring about this either. She hasn't mentioned it as a post on IG at all, but she did #JLoBeauty. She only mentioned it on Twitter?

I don't get it. This rollout has been a mess. I guess we can call it a JLoBeauty promotional single and just move on.

But if she doesn't have a "On The Floor" type smash with her next single with Maluma, she might as well drop the film/soundtrack and take a break from music for a while.

58 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Well, we missed 11hrs from midnight due to their mess up. They re-uploaded it around 11ish in the morning.

Even then, it seems like she's not caring about this either. She hasn't mentioned it as a post on IG at all, but she did #JLoBeauty. She only mentioned it on Twitter?

I don't get it. This rollout has been a mess. I guess we can call it a JLoBeauty promotional single and just move on.

But if she doesn't have a "On The Floor" type smash with her next single with Maluma, she might as well drop the film/soundtrack and take a break from music for a while.

I'm excited about Marry Me but if it ends worse than aka  ... anyway, thanks to covid she wont tour this year. Im so mad. Marry Me tour to support the soundtrack would be awesome ! And every year it's gonna be harder and harder for her, taking a break is not a good idea imo. 

@SchmoodRing I mean, she deserves a good rollout, but it's not that easy as you write here. Its easy to sit at home and say she should do this and that, but the reality is different. 

SavagePapi
10 minutes ago, Dabbyy said:

I'm excited about Marry Me but if it ends worse than aka  ... anyway, thanks to covid she wont tour this year. Im so mad. Marry Me tour to support the soundtrack would be awesome ! And every year it's gonna be harder and harder for her, taking a break is not a good idea imo. 

@SchmoodRing I mean, she deserves a good rollout, but it's not that easy as you write here. Its easy to sit at home and say she should do this and that, but the reality is different. 

True! I guess we can be happy that she continues to keep her fans fed. I can't deny that she always keeps us up on our feet because there's always something new.

I just wish she got a new team. She should focus on films for a while and go away musically. It's not sticking. It's kind of like 2010-2011 again, but this time the interest is in reverse. It's now her movie career.

I wonder if she'll still tour though. She should take a break until 2022 touring wise. I was thinking the other day, maybe go back to Vegas? She was getting alot of acclaim and respect for that. She should had stayed there, and just cut backs some legs for filming.

insomniac
20 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

• Releasing a song with Enrique when they went on tour together - They did. It was called "Mouth to Mouth" and was eventually leaked. According to them, they couldn't find the right song. But he had "Dance Again", and he gave it to J.Lo because she felt it was symbolic due to her divorce. In 2014, they recorded "Physical" for his album.

I completely forgot about Physical. Just had to search for it on Spotify. Whew it’s actually a bop, especially for that time it could’ve been a hit with a sexy MV. 

Btw, Mouth2Mouth (also a bop) was planned for the deluxe re-release of Enriques album and it was supposed to call “Euphoria Reloaded” (the album) and be the lead singe. However, the sales of the OG album disappointed so it never materialized. You can read about it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ke88dQ0Qj9tyItb8_TgVWLJGnwFUR2GM1JXGG-I_rcQ/htmlview

• JKira/JShak collab for the Superbowl - I will never get it either. But Shakira released "Me Gusta" ft. Anuel AA a few weeks prior so... it didn't scream "let's collaborate J.Lo".

No excuse, they both had an incredible opportunity to release a HIT single, two of the biggest Latina acts at the height of the 2nd Latin music wave. Premiere the song on Super Bowl Stage and drop the video a week later. Missed opportunity.

• Instead of releasing Medicine, give us Breaking Me Down. Instead of having it remixed by Steve Aoki why not make an original song with him? - "Breaking Me Down" was like 2015ish? Never released. And "Medicine" flopped. I guess she thought the remix would help save it. A mess! The Happy Colors Remix was cute though.

Breaking Me Down will leak in 2021. It’s being passed around by music traders and talked about in one of the largest leak Discord’s as a possible leak for this year.

• She worked with Tyga, Big Sean, and Future during their commercial peaks and released nothing 😑  - I remember there was a Tyga, Big Sean remix to "I Luh Ya Papi" and they didn't drop it. A mess. She also had "Girls" ft. Tyga, but it had no official release? I think it was only promotional. It was added as a Japanese/Target bonus track on "A.K.A"? A mess. Future collab. Maxwell collab. Robin Thicke/Wiz Khalifa collab. Missy Elliott rumored collab. Sean Paul rumored collab. And nothing.

Not having the Missy and Sean collabs is a missed opportunity. We already know the Robin Thicke song, its called Love Line and wouldn’t have done anything for her / didn’t fit the album. Here’s Love Line;

Btw, there’s a rumored version of Trouble ft. Big Sean so there’s that too.

• Cancel that Anillo remix and cook up something new with Ozuna instead. - The "Anillo (Remix)" was a non-event. It was only a push to help her reach #1 on Latin Airplay. That was the plan I think. But literally no video, no promo, no point. And her new second verse wasn't needed either. A mess!

Missed opportunity indeed

• Us should've been releasing a Spanglish feature with JBlavin especially since he was everywhere with I Like It and Mi Gente - This would have been a cute idea. Idk what happened to that one either. A non-event. A mess!

it’s a mess even more because she actually recorded a Spanish version with J Balvin. She teased it.

• I am confused to this very day how she managed to book a Bad Bunny collab and completely botch it 😳 💀 😐 one of the most hottest artists around and y'all couldn't come up with fire? I could not believe it. - Agreed. I was like huh? I think she compared it to "I'm Real"? I forgot. But I didn't understand why it was trap while Becky G was slaying with "Mayores". They should had swapped songs imo. Spanish Trap for J.Lo is not her forte.

it’s like these collaborators give her the shittiest songs and she automatically thinks it gonna be a hit because she’s working with a “hot artist”. That’s not how it works!

2 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

True! I guess we can be happy that she continues to keep her fans fed. I can't deny that she always keeps us up on our feet because there's always something new.

I just wish she got a new team. She should focus on films for a while and go away musically. It's not sticking. It's kind of like 2010-2011 again, but this time the interest is in reverse. It's now her movie career.

I wonder if she'll still tour though. She should take a break until 2022 touring wise. I was thinking the other day, maybe go back to Vegas? She was getting alot of acclaim and respect for that. She should had stayed there, and just cut backs some legs for filming.

she signed a deal with live nation ... of course she will be touring !

1 hour ago, insomniac said:

I completely forgot about Physical. Just had to search for it on Spotify. Whew it’s actually a bop, especially for that time it could’ve been a hit with a sexy MV. 

Btw, Mouth2Mouth (also a bop) was planned for the deluxe re-release of Enriques album and it was supposed to call “Euphoria Reloaded” (the album) and be the lead singe. However, the sales of the OG album disappointed so it never materialized. You can read about it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ke88dQ0Qj9tyItb8_TgVWLJGnwFUR2GM1JXGG-I_rcQ/htmlview

No excuse, they both had an incredible opportunity to release a HIT single, two of the biggest Latina acts at the height of the 2nd Latin music wave. Premiere the song on Super Bowl Stage and drop the video a week later. Missed opportunity.

Breaking Me Down will leak in 2021. It’s being passed around by music traders and talked about in one of the largest leak Discord’s as a possible leak for this year.

Not having the Missy and Sean collabs is a missed opportunity. We already know the Robin Thicke song, its called Love Line and wouldn’t have done anything for her / didn’t fit the album. Here’s Love Line;

Btw, there’s a rumored version of Trouble ft. Big Sean so there’s that too.

Missed opportunity indeed

it’s a mess even more because she actually recorded a Spanish version with J Balvin. She teased it.

it’s like these collaborators give her the shittiest songs and she automatically thinks it gonna be a hit because she’s working with a “hot artist”. That’s not how it works!

All these details. 

I can't believe I forgot so many small details about some records. They way we're all putting them together. Ah, so many missed opportunities. And they still continue.

I never heard "Love Line", but it's actually catchy! I hope for the day that she releases an album full of unreleased tracks. That would be a cute concept for us. It could even be an EP. So many gems that are collecting dusts. :sad: