Grammy Nominations, NOW !

80x100

Kiss It Better
11 hours ago, slw84 said:

don't make it about race.

She was nominated for 5 2x before based on industry hype that didn't translate to the GP. This year isn't nearly as bad but it's expected shade be thrown H.E.R. way:coffee:

and where is the rage on Black Pumas for example, who is also nominated for some noms in the big 4 too despite never charted anything on Hot 100 at all?? unlike H.E.R. who actually has some chart entries even if it was in the lower part of Hot 100 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 80x100

• Kyoto

• Augmented

• Sombre

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, professor2000 said:

OMG! I been thinking that Pop Smoke was nominated for BNA this whole time.  It’s D Smoke....I’m soooooo dumb

:ahh: 

And who tf is D Smoke? :huh:

I followed your lead and got clocked in another thread. Thanks for the setup :gaycat1:

It's D smoke from that show Cardi TI and Chance did and that's a good look for the show to have him nominated. tbh

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

and where is the rage on Black Pumas for example, who is also nominated for some noms in the big 4 too despite never charted anything on Hot 100 at all?? unlike H.E.R. who actually has some chart entries even if it was in the lower part of Hot 100 

There might be some outrage if Black pumas was pushed by the industry and did poorer to the public than anticipated with the hype and still is nominated for 13 grammy awards through 3 different years.:coffee2:

professor2000
26 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I followed your lead and got clocked in another thread. Thanks for the setup :gaycat1:

It's D smoke from that show Cardi TI and Chance did and that's a good look for the show to have him nominated. tbh

:ahh:my bad! :lmao: 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, professor2000 said:

:ahh:my bad! :lmao: 

no worries. I just owned it when I was corrected. I'm glad these contestants are getting recognition.

Anyone else notice that only 3 out the 8 AOTY nominees got a subcategory album nomination too? Add the fact that literally two acts on that lineup are complete NOBODIES and I have a hard time believing they received enough votes to be nominated for AOTY... honestly smells like fraud.

That Black Pumas album was released in June 2019, months before the eligibility and also Noah Cyrus?? Girl had a couple of songs out in 2017 and an album in 2018. :rip: 

2 hours ago, OneAndOnly said:

Anyone else notice that only 3 out the 8 AOTY nominees got a subcategory album nomination too? Add the fact that literally two acts on that lineup are complete NOBODIES and I have a hard time believing they received enough votes to be nominated for AOTY... honestly smells like fraud.

Yeah that general field committee really went apeshit this year

HORRID nominations across the board, very few things that actually excited me :deadbanana4: Someone needs to tell the Grammys that forcing Beyoncé into the general field only for her to inevitably lose doesn't count as representation for black artists  :bibliahh:

13 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Yes, it's chart run was 7-52-OUT. :skull:

SO many sham noms for AOTY, Jesus Christ :deadbanana4: How is it even possible to **** up this badly?

On 11/24/2020 at 11:05 PM, nick4bty said:

So Gaga's only chance of AOTY is going to be her posthumous Tony album, huh

Also, the way they'd let Bruno Mars sweep with his underwhelming album yet completely snub The Weeknd... what a sham. 

The Bieber nominations are a disgrace, the HER nominations are a completely and udder fraud, and Beyonce got nommed for being black (similarly, Taylor got nommed for being white, soo...) Who in the ****ing hell is managing this show? Every year the payola and inside trading gets thicker and thicker. 

All of Bey’s nominations are excellent besides Black Parade.

they thought that having Beyonce will reduce backlash by the black community over the politics they did to THE WEEKND

these Grammy committee is just dumb :priceless:

15 hours ago, professor2000 said:

OMG! I been thinking that Pop Smoke was nominated for BNA this whole time.  It’s D Smoke....I’m soooooo dumb

:ahh: 

And who tf is D Smoke? :huh:

D Smoke won Netflix's Rhythm & Flow.

• #FreeBritney Activist
56 minutes ago, Live To Tell said:

also how did the tragic Black Parade get so many noms:toofunny3:

politics look at I can't breathe being nominated.

I mean a couple of years ago when the me too movement was on trend we had more females nominated than men.

This is nothing new in the game of entertainment and the industry.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:07 PM, FameFatale said:

That Black Pumas album was released in June 2019, months before the eligibility and also Noah Cyrus?? Girl had a couple of songs out in 2017 and an album in 2018. :rip: 

Wait... they really nominated an album that was released out of the eligibility period?

A certified mess :ahh:

On 11/26/2020 at 6:14 PM, Live To Tell said:

I hope Taylor gets her well deserved 3rd AOTY:flame:

no competition :alexz2:

Edited by !ngwe
abc
On 11/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, FameFatale said:

They nominate the Deluxe Edition of Black Pumas' album which was released on July 2020. The standard was released on June 2019 on the other hand.

• #FreeBritney Activist

When meg the stallion and doja when grammy's come January. Cardi opened doors for #1 hits and female rap grammy awards:coffee2:

a wow bethenny wow tea

Kr8dh1n.gif

Edited by slw84
rihannabiggestfan
On 11/25/2020 at 7:07 PM, FameFatale said:

Actually she's released zero albums :skull: 2 EPs only

still can't believe that Jessie Ware wasn't nominated for Best Dance Album or Recording. She even did some slight campaigning over the summer. Also JoJo/Teyana/Kehlani def deserved an R&B nom. 

• #FreeBritney Activist

i'm honestly expecting a Taylor swift being the first female to win AOTY 3x tbh.