• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 80x100

• Kyoto

• Augmented

• Sombre

16 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

This kind of rhetoric against Black R&B singers is so tired and played out. Plenty of artists who aren't commercially successful get nominated. Isn't that what y'all wanted? More nominations/wins for artists based on the merit of their work, not commercial success? Or does it only apply to pop artists? Either way, gross take. 

I was not saying that. I would love to see a lot of artists nominated in the big categories like HER. I stan a lot of flop acts that deserve a nomination like Angel Olsen, Rina, Tinashe, Raveena, Weyes Blood, Tei Shi, Kali Uchis for example but HER nominated to Aoty and a lot of the main categories is strange, she doesn't even try and gets nominated. I don't hate her, I like Hard Place but something feels odd here with h.e.r

I think dua has certain categories in the bag (pop album, song/record of the year) but I am praying for an AOTY nomination. If I see Chromatica nominated and not FN I will riot, just based on my

personal preference.

1 hour ago, Kyoto said:

Can't wait for the meltdowns from the people that said they didn't care for the Grammys!

Well everyone knows that any competition that awards people you dont like are rigged and the only ones that are legit are the ones that reward your fave

39 minutes ago, Samsom said:

I was not saying that. I would love to see a lot of artists nominated in the big categories like HER. I stan a lot of flop acts that deserve a nomination like Angel Olsen, Rina, Tinashe, Raveena, Weyes Blood, Tei Shi, Kali Uchis for example but HER nominated to Aoty and a lot of the main categories is strange, she doesn't even try and gets nominated. I don't hate her, I like Hard Place but something feels odd here with h.e.r

If isolation didnt get a nom i dont think kali will this time either :(

1 hour ago, R.E.M. said:

Manifesting a Megan Best New Artist win :jonny5:

I think my final predictions are: 

• Album of the Year: After Hours - The Weeknd
  • Record of the Year: After Hours - The Weeknd
  • Best New Artist: Megan Thee Stallion
  • Song of the Year: This one is going to be a toss-up. I hope "cardigan" wins but I can see it going to Roddy, Post, or even H.E.R.

nah its goin to my girl Doja

Birthday sorcery for Gaga, Taylor, and Fiona.:nicole2::psych:

Also but some longshots: HAIM, CRJ, Grimes, Poppy, Arca, Charli, and Run the Jewels :emofish:

Edited by DirtyPony87
  • #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Mark Rih said:

The hype is real. It was the best year in music since 2016 so it makes sense :clap3:

nah 2018 was better but at least we got more versatility in 2020.