Taylor’s Ex Outselling Her On Billboard 200

Fetish for MiMi

Not Harry’s 1 yo album outselling Taylor’s 4 months old album :skull: thoughts Atrl?

thoughts? he has a great team, they know how the game works

taylors team on the other hand doesn’t, i blame the 0 promo 

I would hope so! He has a great team, has all sorts of promo, and had controversy this week due to his vogue cover and the conservative backlash against it.

Would you be so kind to provide the total sales for both albums? I wonder if Taylor outsold ha in 1/3 of the time? 

I mean Taylor has only released one single (months ago) and it wasn’t even a radio hit... folklore is still doing well considering the circumstances.

To be expected. Fine Line has been an incredible era for him, and is still rolling out hits. Lots of radio support with each new single, and media coverage. Folklore era hasn’t had much going for it, especially in the US, since Betty’s country radio release & CMA performance.

I expect to see some higher numbers for both, but especially Taylor, after the Grammys. :fan:

6 minutes ago, Brando said:

Would you be so kind to provide the total sales for both albums? I wonder if Taylor outsold ha in 1/3 of the time? 

Right.:giraffe:

• ATRL Moderator

Taylor living rent free in your mind truly...

peterstyles13

I'm sure Taylor, the most consumed artist of 2020 in America, is doing just fine. Thanks for worrying!

Edited by peterstyles13

Harry has hits to carry the album. Doesn't take away from Taylor and her success this year. 

But damn is folklore really #27 this week? The jumpy chart run so far is interesting to watch. I wonder how many weeks it will manage in the top ten when its all said and done. 

1-1-1-1-1-1-5-4-1-7-12-10-1-17-27-10-27

4 minutes ago, makeme said:

Harry has hits to carry the album. Doesn't take away from Taylor and her success this year. 

But damn is folklore really #27 this week? The jumpy chart run so far is interesting to watch. I wonder how many weeks it will manage in the top ten when its all said and done. 

1-1-1-1-1-1-5-4-1-7-12-10-1-17-27-10-27

The jumps were caused by the signed CDs and the vinyl release respectively. Remove the latest #10 and #1 weeks and the fall looks normal for an album campaign that’s had nothing new in a while.

21 minutes ago, Brando said:

I'm curious about this subject too

idkwiam

• ATRL Moderator

The attempt

VtDXYpw.gif

Not very suprising. The key to having longevity on the BB200 nowadays is to have multiples hits off an album and high streaming numbers. Folklore is only supported by cardigan (which wasn't a huge hit to begin with) while Fine Line is supported by Adore You, Watermelon Sugar and Golden. 

When it's all said and done Lover will probably outperform folkore too, although the latter had a great run too.

Yoi're talking like folklore album didn't just spent 7 weeks on BB200 consecutively. Did Harry manage to do that? Exactly. 

41 minutes ago, Brando said:

Billboard Units (without pre-album song streams/sales):

Fine Line: 1,922,000 since release

Folklore: 1,859,000 since release

7 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

Yoi're talking like folklore album didn't just spent 7 weeks on BB200 consecutively. Did Harry manage to do that? Exactly. 

Fine Line spent 2 weeks at #1, 15 weeks in the Top 10; 36 weeks in the Top 15; 47 weeks in the Top 20 and 2 weeks at #21. Never dropped lower than #21 (49 weeks on the chart). Folklore is already #29... 

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, Eleni said:

Billboard Units (without pre-album song streams/sales):

Fine Line: 1,922,000 since release

Folklore: 1,859,000 since release

Considering Fine Line was released so much earlier, that makes folklore’s numbers all the more impressive. Taylor could overtake him with even the slightest push, as demonstrated by the album’s numbers in the weeks when they have pushed it.

Fine Line has obviously done extremely well though (and its radio hits have helped keep it stable as others have stated) :clap3:

littlebodybigheart

the backfire :rip:

taylor already outsold that album so it has got some catching up to do. also, he’s released around 4 singles from this album and is still releasing more while taylor dropped cardigan and left the album to do its own thing. lol.

also you’re doing all of this over a 9k difference in units :rip:

Edited by littlebodybigheart

The backfire:bibliahh:

Fine line is carried by 5 singles with all of them getting massive payola, while Folklore is on its way to 2x platinum with zero hits and zero payola. Now that's what you call power:fan:

People were actually interested in the era outside of his fans so no, i'm not surprised. "Golden" is taking off so it should have more legs. :clap3:

I hope he only gets bigger and bigger tbh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.