KnightofCrescentL

Can Britney Spears make a comeback ?

KnightofCrescentL

This for me is an interesting one. 

Commercially Britney has been struggling for years now ( in comparison to her peak and her glory days of the late 90's/ early 00's) 

She had a nice run through the 00s but the Femme Fatale album was very "of the moment" and is largely forgotten now. 

Since then she had Britney Jean, which flopped, Glory which also flopped although Make me was a cute hit. 

So the big question is if Britney records another album can she really come back, hit the top 10 again and have decent album sales ?

Or is she a legacy act now who will have flop sales, struggle to chart singles,  but still probably have touring demand, if she goes on the road/ does residencies ?

Discuss. 

brainmaniac

No, she’s almost 40. Even if she tried, she would flop. 

V3$$3L.

Never count her out.

mystery

I think it's possible but very unlikely. I do see her putting out more music either way. She will continue to have touring demand as seen by the success of the Piece of Me tour and a decently sized fanbase that buys her albums. Judging by the way the vinyls and other physicals are selling out.

Edited by mystery

Shendelzare

No, I love her but she'll never make another circus-size comeback.

Although she can still snatch a cute top 20 with a cute song :fan:

Khamis

I think she could make a huge comeback IF she were get to her life back together and get in a better spot mentally. The public knows what she has been going through for the past few years and I think if she were to be able to get through that, the GP would be ready to support.

Khamis

Also yall say shes been struggling or flopping for years.... but where?! No names but I dont see many other girls who debuted at the same time as her “flopping” as good as her.

Dula Peep

It would be amazing if she even manages to put out another album so let’s start there.....

obrigado

Of course!

NotAvaMax

I mean Cher went number one and she was older than Brirney so you never know

Bayouboy

No

naval23

Yes if she does a duet with Xtina

spree

Miley Cyrus is struggling with Blinding Lights quality material, how is Britney going to smash at 40 years old?  Anything can happen, of course, but radio is ageist af now.

Kiss It Better

maybe when she gets out of her conservatorship thingy and come back with a good material (not that she ever dropped a bad lead, but something really good enough like a Believe/WBT/Hung Up tea)

UnanimousBB16

No. The general public has been over her for a decade now, the industry is painfully ageist, she cannot catch up in this streaming climate, and honestly doesn't have the range to fit in this 2020s climate. She is a legacy artist.

Worry about getting out of that conservatorship, raising her kids, and that young boytoy of hers.

Bimbo

Pls

Xtianlofbritney

Of course, she still has a huge fanbase and with a great song and good marketing she can have a solid era

IAMDOM

No it’s never happening. Her last two albums not only had abysmal numbers but are pretty consistent with each other to the point where it shows the only people still checking for her are her stans. That’s it. GP is completely over her. Last thing she had going for her was that residency which we all know what happened after a certain someone came to town with their show :fan: 

Breathe On Moi

Yes and you can bookmark me 

Aerosol
1 hour ago, NotAvaMax said:

I mean Cher went number one and she was older than Brirney so you never know

People point out this singular instance that happened 20 years ago and it just doesn't make sense anymore.

Mystic Boy
2 hours ago, Khamis said:

Also yall say shes been struggling or flopping for years.... but where?! No names but I dont see many other girls who debuted at the same time as her “flopping” as good as her.

Where?  are you seriously asking this question? :skull:

27 minutes ago, Xtianlofbritney said:

Of course, she still has a huge fanbase and with a great song and good marketing she can have a solid era

Nnnnnnnnn

OT:  No, she's been struggling for a decade now. She promoted Glory big time, she tried to make her VMA Comeback in 2016 but failed, the GP isn't interested anymore. 

She'll always have decent opening sales but won't spend more than 4 weeks on the Album Charts :michael:

allforyou

I honestly don't know, I don't even know if she's ever gonna release music again. But idk never count her out, people said she was over in 2007 and she came back with Circus

Ryuuchan_X

Once she breaks free from all the evil people around her, she will definitely rise back to the top. 

poisonparadise96

Mood Ring and Glory went #1 on iTunes this year, with Mood Ring debuting at #2 on the digital sales chart... :gaycatney7:

NotAvaMax
55 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

People point out this singular instance that happened 20 years ago and it just doesn't make sense anymore.

I don't see how it can't happen again? Cher was considered a legend but not popular at the time and she still did it. I'm not saying it will happen I'm just saying it can.