dweebz

How did Miley flop with this 1-2-3 punch?

dweebz

Nothing Breaks Like a Heart -> Mother's Daughter -> Slide Away

These three songs are easily some career highlights but despite the stellar content, all three songs flopped into the ether and aren't even talked about today. 

Are we seeing a change with the Plastic Hearts era?

Midnight Sky -> Prisoner -> Gimmie What I Want?

Khamis

I ask myself this every day. I cant fathom the reality of the situation.

However, had DREAM not had that feature and was released as the lead.... the cycle of flops would have ceased. 

BPD

Mothers Daughter is THAT BITCH. 

speaking of Miley.. let me listen to her and Dua’s new song since I haven’t heard it yet 

dreampop

The GP wanted On A Roll and that’s what happened...

Lady Claire

She's just past her peak. I feel like the Bangerz era did more harm than good in the long run. It was good while it lasted but aged like milk for her career.

That new era has been a rebranding moment for her even though she's not exactly smashing, but at least it's doing better than her previous releases. If she keeps going in the right way, maybe her next era will be even more successful.

rihannabiggestfan

The GP is kinda tasteless, wbk :skull:. Those are such good songs (even On a Roll deserved better, it's really catchy)

Janet

slide away is one of her best songs 

Skirt

Because of the GeePee’s lack of taste. :michael:

Nothing Breaks Like a Heart is a European classic tho!

Aaron

Mother’s Daughter was a bad song about nothing. I don’t really get how Slide Away bombed, though. 

KillingYourCareer

Nothing Breaks Like a Heart was absolutely massive in Europe and Australia

Beyonnaise

I think people forget (because she debuted so young) that Miley first made her mark in pop over thirteen years ago. While still on Hannah Montana, she had a big pop radio hit in 2007 with See You Again, a year before Gaga and Katy even debuted or achieved success. Her shelf life was always gonna feel premature due to this, because it’s incredibly rare for a pop girl to achieve over a decade of sustained pop success; poor career choices after Bangerz accelerated this as well. All things considered, I think she’s done quite well this year with Midnight Sky and likely now Prisoner, and her covers continue to draw GP attention.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Fitzswiftie
1 minute ago, Beyonnaise said:

think people forget (because she debuted so young) that Miley first made her mark in pop over thirteen years ago. While still on Hannah Montana, she had a big pop radio hit in 2007 with See You Again, a year before Gaga and Katy even debuted or achieved success.

This.

Her only being 2 years older than Dua is kinda sending me for that exact reason. Miley’s been in the game for so long she feels like an entirely different generation than Dua. 

despy
13 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I think people forget (because she debuted so young) that Miley first made her mark in pop over thirteen years ago. While still on Hannah Montana, she had a big pop radio hit in 2007 with See You Again, a year before Gaga and Katy even debuted or achieved success. Her shelf life was always gonna feel premature due to this, because it’s incredibly rare for a pop girl to achieve over a decade of sustained pop success; poor career choices after Bangerz accelerated this as well. All things considered, I think she’s done quite well this year with Midnight Sky and likely now Prisoner, and her covers continue to draw GP attention.

my thoughts exactly^

Pink Whitney

the industry is blackballing her & pop radio has always hated her

Mark Rih
22 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Nothing Breaks Like a Heart was absolutely massive in Europe and Australia

I still hear it frequently on the radio. Our taste whew 

crf13

Her team is honestly awful. The fact that it took as long as it did just for us to get a video for Mother’s Daughter should tell you everything. 

mcohen

None of those songs sound like hits. Not surprising she flopped

raven

her image is a little too polarizing for the GP and it doesn't help that her sound has been inconsistent 

DaddyIssuesX

bangerz was a career decision that damaged her career but then again it was the only decision she had left considering now CBT ended up being.

Rev8

GP doesnt have taste

but there are also all kinds of stuff behind being successful..

Like..half of the songs on the Top10, wouldn't be there if it was only about the music.

Rev8
47 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Also this :jonny:

to think she is somewhat of a veteran to today's pop I-

allforyou

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart was a big hit though, I heard it everywhere and it still gets played every now and then, at least here in Europe

Dula Peep

Pop radio hates her I guess

KLatz

The fact that these three bops flopped is a crime. They even had good videos!

Slide Away is one of my favorite Miley songs and it should've been the smash lead single from this era :cries: