Khamis

Songs that were rehashes of previous hits?

Recommended Posts

Khamis

Drop some songs that were pretty much rehashes of an artists previous hits. A rehash is when a song follows the same formula, no growth, same topics, or similar beats to a previously song that went on to become a hit.

 

This is really prevalent in K-Pop. But what are some examples?

 

I’d say one example is:

 

***A rehash done right. Both #1s***

Edited by Khamis
Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop Art

I love it, but Judas. A Bad Romance on poppers in Jerusalem tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinashegrande6

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khamis
1 minute ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

 

 

 

 

Omgggggggg this :deadbanana2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khamis

Boom Boom & BAAM.

 

Yikes with this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop culture

Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, My Prerogative, and You Drive Me Crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LustSpell

Most blatant to me is Focus & Problem :rip: Funny how Focus aged better than Problem though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthem

Another Mariah example is Heartbreaker & Dreamlover. Also, Bey’s Deja Vu & Crazy In Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ATWK

We Belong Together -> Don't Forget About Us -> Bye Bye

On the Floor -> Dance Again -> Live it Up

Bad Romance -> Judas

I Believe in You -> The One -> All the Lovers -> Into the Blue -> Say Something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xrosup

Dreamlover - Fantasy - Heartbreaker - Loverboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galantis

 

 

 

 

Also Birthday by Katy Perry was such a rehash of the Teenage Dream era (songs + visuals)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Venus Temple

Bad Romance -> Judas/Scheisse 

Hair -> Gypsy


to a lesser extent,

BTW -> Stupid Love 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My Tears Ricochet
16 minutes ago, Khamis said:

A rehash is when a song follows the same formula, no growth, same topics, or similar beats to a previously song that went on to become a hit.

I didn't read this part the first time:rip:

 

We don't talk any more and Attention 

 

Havana and Señorita 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Materialboy215
23 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Drop some songs that were pretty much rehashes of an artists previous hits. A rehash is when a song follows the same formula, no growth, same topics, or similar beats to a previously song that went on to become a hit.

 

This is really prevalent in K-Pop. But what are some examples?

 

I’d say one example is:

 

***A rehash done right. Both #1s***

Nah that’s not a rehash. Both songs were made at the same studio sessions with JD and Bryan Michael Cox  ... she just didn’t add it to the original track list. 

 

A better example would have been We Belong Together 

 

mans this. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safe&Sound

Side To Side -> bloodline

God is A Woman -> positions

thank u next -> 34+35

stuck with u -> pov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jay T
3 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

Side To Side -> bloodline

God is A Woman -> positions

thank u next -> 34+35

stuck with u -> pov

GIAW & positions ????? Girl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondHoe
19 minutes ago, Anthem said:

Another Mariah example is Heartbreaker & Dreamlover. Also, Bey’s Deja Vu & Crazy In Love.

girl not just Heartbreaker :eli:

 

Good sis Mariah cloned Dreamlover 4 times, shaking it up a little every time she went along with Fantasy, Honey, Heartbreaker and Loverboy. And each one of them three of being classic #1 singles! All 5 versions are quality tho :WAP:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarthJang

Girlfriend > What The Hell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khamis
15 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

Side To Side -> bloodline

God is A Woman -> positions

thank u next -> 34+35

stuck with u -> pov

I dont know if I see any of these except for S2S and Bloodline lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khamis
9 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

girl not just Heartbreaker :eli:

 

Good sis Mariah cloned Dreamlover 4 times, shaking it up a little every time she went along with Fantasy, Honey, Heartbreaker and Loverboy. And each one of them three of being classic #1 singles! All 5 versions are quality tho :WAP:

QUEEN OF REHASHING into multiple #1s :cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Materialboy215
6 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

girl not just Heartbreaker :eli:

 

Good sis Mariah cloned Dreamlover 4 times, shaking it up a little every time she went along with Fantasy, Honey, Heartbreaker and Loverboy. And each one of them three of being classic #1 singles! All 5 versions are quality tho :WAP:

I don’t think that they are similar.  Maybe it’s just me.

 

besides from trying too make I’m sill in Love another We Belong Together.  I think when she made Bye Bye Bye she was trying too remake One Sweet Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scotty

Fancy > Black Widow > Beg For It > Pretty Girls :dies: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnusualBoy
36 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, My Prerogative, and You Drive Me Crazy

I give you BOMT, Oops and YDMC but My Prerogative? :deadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fitzswiftie
43 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

 

 

 

 

The way Focus was the cheap rip off but aged far better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IAMDOM
6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Fancy > Black Widow > Beg For It > Pretty Girls :dies: 

Remove Black Widow from this :biblio: it sounds nothing like the others. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites