Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• rac7d

• ALA

• zaso

Top Posters In This Topic

ReverseWarholian
12 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

WOW. Theater dream finally over. This sucks but excited to finally see it! @ReverseWarholian Xmas Day release is going to be HUGE tho.

Am upset but kinda relieved I'll finally get to see it now. Will support it on PVOD :heart:

Edited by ReverseWarholian
14 minutes ago, Legendary said:

It likely has nothing to do with the quality of the movie & everything to do with the pandemic.

WB has already spent $ on 2 rounds of marketing campaigns and simply can't afford to push it back again.

The fact of the matter is global box office will not be back to where it was for at least half a year-a year. It's smart for WarnerMedia to take the loss and push their streaming platform instead.

I mean No Time to Die will be almost a year of pushback in March. They gotta just release it

20 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

This is so sad

2020 was supposed to be the year that female action heroes prove their power in box office. It’s such a shame that Birds of Prey and Mulan underperformed and things are not looking good for WW1984

Disney+ better keep their hands off Black Widow. I wonder will Disney make Emma Stone’s Cruella a Disney+ movie

Wp0ZHXY.gif

all of this. the way I was looking forward to this year's bo because of all the female superhero films and it was all ruined

I hope this doesn't happen to bw :biblio: I've been waiting for that movie for 8 years and I need it to be a big bo success to prove the haters wrong :biblio:

Just now, Insanity said:

I mean No Time to Die will be almost a year of pushback in March. They gotta just release it

The studio tried selling No Time To Die for 600 million (which is understandable cause even then they are operating at a loss). :skull: 

If they agreed to the offered 300 million cap by streaming giants it would’ve been on streaming by now. 

Just now, D_Man3379 said:

WB just flushed a bunch of money down the toilet. A shame. 

AT&T forced them to do this after seeing Disney’s financial report and how well Disney Plus is doing actually. 

No extra cost for HBO Max subscribers?!

tenor.gif

This is such a bargain. Paying less than $14.99 for a blockbuster with top level production. Why do people complain? 

Edited by Wake Up
34 minutes ago, ColaFlavoredBussy said:

Straight to TV :skull: It is THAT bad :skull:

Even if It was terrible, it still would have made money. They’re doing this because of the pandemic which shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

1 minute ago, vamp said:

Damn if it flops then there won't be another sequel.

I doubt they’ll give up WW that easily even if this is an absolute failure.

The release is an anomaly and even the studio is aware of it as AT&T investors were the ones to force them to release it after Disney reported their Disney Plus subscribers recently. 

99sandthe2000s
15 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

The studio tried selling No Time To Die for 600 million (which is understandable cause even then they are operating at a loss). :skull: 

I'm so exhausted with the push backs for NTTD (cost my fave an Oscar Nom :skull:)

At this point they also need to stop wasting time and just release it to a streaming platform.

It's costing the studio millions as they continue to hold onto it waiting for theaters to open up.

I know this is the last hurrah for Daniel Craig but I still think die hard Bond fans will support it in the ancillary markets.

BoyLikeYouSuxx

Aside from the obvious piracy I still see this having big potential to pass Tenet BO wise.. 

im absolutely THRILLED I’ll be able to see this in IMAX for Christmas, to everyone complaining about covid do y’all just not wear masks or??

1 hour ago, ALA said:

This is gonna be a huge loss for WB to be honest (and its box office will likely be lower than Birds of Prey now :rip:) but it'll be cool to watch this and Soul on Christmas :duca:

Tenet surpassed birds of prey box office

it was a flop and will prevent the Gotham city siren film

5 minutes ago, The Witch said:

BOMB OF THE YEAR.

HARLEY QUINN WON.

tenor.gif

It’s at the bottom of this year’s grossing movies and it came out before the Covid mess

9 minutes ago, KoibitoCyrus said:

Black Widow is next...

BET

i expect it in February and it will be free on Disney plus cuz ain’t no one gonna pay this time after mulan

and they look greedy as hell

what other movies do you guys think are going to be released on streaming services?

james bond, a quiet place, f9, jungle cruise, morbius, black widow have the closest release dates from march to july 2021