Alien.

Wonder Woman 1984 heads to HBO MAX

ALA

This is gonna be a huge loss for WB to be honest (and its box office will likely be lower than Birds of Prey now :rip:) but it'll be cool to watch this and Soul on Christmas :duca:

Almost Home

It’s in the trailer that’s unlisted 

Raver

Damn & HBO Max is still not on ROKU smh 

Shelter

How is HBO getting all the releases lol 

Navyofbadgals

Oof hope that this does well enough given the circumstances

99sandthe2000s

Not Grace spilling the beans :skull: sheesh that is gonna be quite the financial loss.

but after 5-6 pushbacks I guess they couldn't hold onto it much longer -- imagine if it leaked.

looks like DCEU is taking yet another L :toofunny3:

Attitude

Will Black Widow be next? 

Almost Home
4 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Not Grace spilling the beans :skull: sheesh that is gonna be quite the financial loss.

but after 5-6 pushbacks I guess they couldn't hold onto it much longer -- imagine if it leaked.

looks like DCEU is taking yet another L :toofunny3:

The OP just linked to her Tweet for some odd reason the DC fanboys found it via WB’s YouTube upload. 

phreshprince
1 minute ago, Attitude said:

Will Black Widow be next? 

I can see Black Widow getting a March release with Disney+ as well

ColaFlavoredBussy

Straight to TV :skull: It is THAT bad :skull:

ainadalkaz

I mean-- it's the right decision, the movie has been pushed back several times now and the ad campaign ran its course... I don't think they want to load another tens of millions of dollars into another ad campaign(s) and wait another 6 months or so and hope the covid situation is better by then :skull: plus the movie already seems old and we haven't even seen it. I think people who wanted to see it will pay for it, and I'm definitely seeing it in the theaters if they're open

Almost Home
Just now, ColaFlavoredBussy said:

According to the test screenings it always came off as a direct to VOD sequel and the storyline and the villain are pretty weak.

The reactions were mixed to negative but take with a grain of salt as they had a long time to fix it up since. 

Starry Eyes

This is so sad

2020 was supposed to be the year that female action heroes prove their power in box office. It’s such a shame that Birds of Prey and Mulan underperformed and things are not looking good for WW1984

Disney+ better keep their hands off Black Widow. I wonder will Disney make Emma Stone’s Cruella a Disney+ movie

Wp0ZHXY.gif

artangel
22 minutes ago, Shelter said:

game of thrones money

Legendary
5 minutes ago, ColaFlavoredBussy said:

It likely has nothing to do with the quality of the movie & everything to do with the pandemic.

WB has already spent $ on 2 rounds of marketing campaigns and simply can't afford to push it back again.

The fact of the matter is global box office will not be back to where it was for at least half a year-a year. It's smart for WarnerMedia to take the loss and push their streaming platform instead.

Walk_Away21

WOW. Theater dream finally over. This sucks but excited to finally see it! @ReverseWarholian Xmas Day release is going to be HUGE tho.

Edited by Walk_Away21

Archetype
24 minutes ago, Shelter said:

DC is part of Warner which owns HBO.  HBO+ has all of the DC movies, even many of the cartoons. 

Almost Home

1 minute ago, artangel said:

game of thrones money

HBO and Warner Bros are both owned by AT&T and HBO was always a part of WarnerMedia. 

Legendary
1 minute ago, artangel said:

game of thrones money

HBO is owned by WarnerMedia, which is now owned by AT&T.

Mythology

WTH

At least launch HBO Max on other continents first then make this kind of decision

How do people watch this on places where HBO Max hasn’t launched and it’s not safe to go to cinema? Will they release this on HBO Now or HBO Go at the same time?

Edited by Mythology

Arcadius

People in here acting like there’s not a pandemic and literally nobody is going into theaters. :deadbanana2:

Disney better go ahead and prep BW for April/May Disney+ premiere because that’s the only way people will see it.

Edited by Arcadius

TheDreamer

They better release it in Australia. The theaters are open but there's really nothing to watch :biblio:

Almost Home
2 minutes ago, Mythology said:

WTF

At least launch HBO Max on other continents first then make this kind of decision. How do people watch this on places where HBO Max hasn’t launched and it’s not safe to go to cinema? Will they release this on HBO Now or HBO Go at the same time?

The Witches (2020) had a cinema release/was sold as PVOD in markets where HBO Max isn’t available and is on streaming on HBO-owned or streaming services in those regions.

So I’m guessing this will be the same.