• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psycho

• FAN

• Kylie Jenner

• Artur

Top Posters In This Topic

This such a clever move for her and her team. It’s the exact right thing to do. You can tell by the release of this song that they’re focusing on Europe now. :clap3:

What’s clever is that:

a) it’s a dance song – dance is always big in Europe

b) it samples an old dance song, which – especially here in the UK – is what majority of dance smashes over the past couple of years have done. This also for some reason, leads to Tik Tok exposure too. 
c) it’s got a ‘la la la’ chanting hook which a lot of dance hits have had this last year or so in Europe. 
d) it shares an almost name to one of the biggest dance hits of the year by MNEK, so people might find it whilst searching for that song 

I’m often quite realistic whether a pop girls’ song is going to be a hit or not. Because it’s quite rare still in this current climate. But I’d be very very surprised if this doesn’t smash in a lot of European countries. Especially off the heels of Kings & Queens. 

Edited by Jukebox
KillingYourCareer

What an ANTHEM :jonny5: she honestly NEVER disappoints. Yet another Ava song that's ending up in my year-end top 50 most played songs.

5 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

What an ANTHEM :jonny5: she honestly NEVER disappoints. Yet another Ava song that's ending up in my year-end top 50 most played songs.

What was that about expanding taste and generic writing camp’d pop songs :celestial5:

OT: she can’t rely on her own melodies huh

KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Cain said:

What was that about expanding taste and generic writing camp’d pop songs :celestial5:

OT: she can’t rely on her own melodies huh

My head? My heart??? I'm torn in between!!!!

EMmTVDN.gif

3 hours ago, mystery said:

To me this kind of relies on the sample a bit too much, I wish she changed it up a little, at one point it's the same "la la la" portion as the original song. Torn and Kings & Queens were a lot more subtle with the samples they had. It's still a cute bop though and it will probably smash in Europe.

I agree. I'm too familiar with the original one to fully enjoy this

considering BEP's RITMO success, I can see european radios spamming this

Edited by Mark Rih