Samantha Jade - "New Boy"

SamanthaJadeFr

SamanthaJadeFr

After the promo single "Back 2 Back", Samantha is back with a new single called "New Boy", coming out on friday november 20th. 

Samantha revealed the cover art was inspired by Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz" album cover art.

It is described as a summer song and pop dance club track. More details are coming.

artwork-440x440.jpg

Pre-save on Spotify or Pre-add on Apple Music for the chance to win one of two "New Boy" pamper packs: https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/samantha-jade-new-boy-pre-save/

Excited for this - hoping that her next album comes out soon. Bounce, In the Morning, Back2Back, One and Only and now New Boy seem like a great start to the record

SamanthaJadeFr

She already filmed the music video a week ago. It involves 4 male dancers, a choreo created by Matt Glee (who did the "Bounce" choreo) and it was shot in a warehouse.

I do quite like this but I wish it didn't have the weird vocal effect during the chrous. I think it would've been much better without that. But I still enjoy this a lot.

SamanthaJadeFr

This is doing better than her last 2 singles on iTunes, already outpeaking them. 

Up to  #23 on iTunes Australia.

SamanthaJadeFr

Usually, her singles start falling down after two days but "New Boy" is actually rising again and just reached a new peak of #20 (+3) on iTunes Australia.

SamanthaJadeFr
5 hours ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

I really wish she would serve another Soldier or Firestarter. She has so much potential, but these recent song are not it.

Same, i love "New Boy" though. She did write and record a few tracks with DNA, so hopefully they make it to the album and become future singles too.

SamanthaJadeFr

"New Boy" is up to #13 (+7) on its third day of release.

"Bounce" peaked at #12 with an "Australia's Got Talent" performance so that's great "New Boy" is able to be one spot close to "Bounce" peak without any performances yet.

And the fact it's rising after 3 days when it's usually the opposite. Hopefully it continues this way.

13 hours ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

"New Boy" is up to #13 (+7) on its third day of release.

"Bounce" peaked at #12 with an "Australia's Got Talent" performance so that's great "New Boy" is able to be one spot close to "Bounce" peak without any performances yet.

And the fact it's rising after 3 days when it's usually the opposite. Hopefully it continues this way.

Are we finally going to get another chart entry? "Always" had some steam but they didn't promote it other than the show spots.

SamanthaJadeFr
6 hours ago, Exodus said:

Are we finally going to get another chart entry? "Always" had some steam but they didn't promote it other than the show spots.

Seems like it's the single they are pushing to make it a hit before releasing the album. So i expect a push streaming wise soon. They need to put "New Boy" on the biggest playlist on Spotify Australia: "Hot Hits Australia" so it can gain some stream and have a chance on charting on the ARIA Singles chart.

MarryTheMonster

Wait this kinda bops? They should push this in Scandinavia, I think they'd eat it up in Norway at least because of the tropical beat :WAP: and somehow it sounds like a song I'd hear on the radio here in the winter

• 3 weeks later...