H100: Mood 2x #1, I Hope #5, 34+35 #8, Dakiti #9

Renan90

Have no idea why they thought releasing it on election week was a good idea ?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Ger

• quitedangerous

• Aribiotch

12 hours ago, By the Water said:

It's her lowest debut since Billboard started including streams so yeah, not good

when did Billboard start including streams ? Yours Truly and My Everything reported first week sales only included pure sales as  far as I remember.

arianators pls take the L instead of trying to come up with excuses :rip:

it's fine, she's underperformed. she released on a dumb week. but 46k is still tragic.

12 hours ago, quitedangerous said:

also Taylor stans need to give it up, we NEVER said that she's doing bigger numbers than "folklore" or that she's going to sell more than "folklore", y'all are a bit delusional there

What? I vividly remember 4 specific users (two of them got banned this past week :dies:) saying she would easily break folklore record again on Spotify when she released. So what's the truth? 

the excuses already: the pandemic,the election lmao 

she deserves to bomb. The album is really bad.

2 hours ago, youngpopariana said:

when did Billboard start including streams ? Yours Truly and My Everything reported first week sales only included pure sales as  far as I remember.

December 2014

9 minutes ago, Green said:

December 2014

oh interesting... I guess we can declare that late 2014 - early 2015 was the pivotal point for the streaming era. The official beginning of that era.

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

What? I vividly remember 4 specific users (two of them got banned this past week :dies:) saying she would easily break folklore record again on Spotify when she released. So what's the truth? 

4 out of the 15+ Arianators that are in this site don't even make the majority of us. You chose to focus on them, but the majority of our fandom never even though she's doing tu,n, let alone folklore numbers again. I thought that by lurking into our base, which Swifties usually do, you would know that, but I guess not.

4 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

4 out of the 15+ Arianators that are in this site don't even make the majority of us. You chose to focus on them, but the majority of our fandom never even though she's doing tu,n, let alone folklore numbers again. I thought that by lurking into our base, which Swifties usually do, you would know that, but I guess not.

Talking about generalizing when you do the same thing lol

1 minute ago, Clauss said:

Talking about generalizing when you do the same thing lol

I said that because i've seen that specific user lurk into the base, calm down Jamal

She should have released this in mid 2021 and also rework most of the album. 

It doesn't add anything to her discography... 

Positions - pov - 34+35 (album release) would have been a good strategy for promoting this. 

Let's hope positions doesn't fizzle out quickly so the album can spend more weeks in top 200 :doc:

i blame the BAD Music :giraffe:

5 hours ago, qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq said:

Have no idea why they thought releasing it on election week was a good idea ?

I guess they thought that the Positions MV will serve a viral moment like WAP and carry the album. It was made to go viral with Ari as a President theme just in time for Election week, but unfortunately, that did not happen. 

Edited by Baby Judas

12 hours ago, ReH2o said:

no girl, bey last album did 11k in pure sales

Collaborative soundtracks ≠ solo studio albums, no matter how y'all try to spin it. Besides, even The Carters' last album did more in pure sales than this :toofunny2:

5 hours ago, Wewee said:

Perched for the 2nd week HDD thread.

giphy.gif

Pretty much guaranteed it wont tank hard, still weak 1st week though lol

I love Ari, but this is what you get with boring music with little replay value. 

She is still an emerging superstar, but this is a blip - not great for her standards.....but nothing career ending.

People comparing this to folklore :rip: no one sells like taylor, especially when she releases a quality album.

Let 34 + 35 run, take a break, come back with the material we know she can make and move on.

It's weird to me that the single still debuted high and she had another hit (34+35) but her album flopped? 

any other pop girl would've been dragged to hell and back if they pulled these numbers after their peak

atrl is being nice

giphy.gif

Dear lord... It's disastrous.

giphy.gif 

14 hours ago, OreGuy said:

yup underperformed HARD

i guess having the younger demographic wont help her with the physical sales.

Would she be the next Katy? Let's see.

The issue isn't having the younger demographic. Billie has even younger fans, like lil kids 5~8 old, but Billie is still able to sell albums. Billie sold 268,000 this year, all full price, no bundles, no signed copies, no promo, album already 1 year old. And she is still selling 2k weekly.

Why would she release an album on Election Week anyway? The world was at a stand still from Tuesday to Saturday so surely that didn't help. But this is a very unnecessary and rushed album from her so it is what it is. She can come back strong with another studio album with a more traditional release but she better wait until 2022. Everything from post TUN has been bad. Boyfriend flopped, Charlie's Angels flopped, That Bieber collab was a frontloaded flop, Rain on Me another weak 1 week #1 and she decided to do this? I don't get the logic. Scooter has gotten very ineffective and lazy cause all his big artists are eating dirt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.