• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Megamind

• 99sandthe2000s

• MrLovett

• Hector

99sandthe2000s

love a good period drama and I definitely got Gossip Girl vibes.... I'll try a few episodes. 

hopefully Netflix will release one episode a week in order to keep people invested. Shonda's productions are often too heavy and detailed to binge in one sitting. 

Hmmm, I am a sucker for these types of shows. I actually trust Shonda to give us a good ending that makes sense. Not a PLL/Gossip Girl mess

1 hour ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

love a good period drama and I definitely got Gossip Girl vibes.... I'll try a few episodes. 

hopefully Netflix will release one episode a week in order to keep people invested. Shonda's productions are often too heavy and detailed to binge in one sitting. 

That'd be stupid and they won't do that. 

OT: looks interesting, can't wait to watch!

99sandthe2000s
32 minutes ago, champpp said:

That'd be stupid and they won't do that.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29vjvzi8ejo5h9usg8feejxv2cm5toihmgn7n1ubk8&rid=giphy.gif 

Well they've done it before with other Netflix series and with the numbers Shonda brings in it could be good for company to have that kind of attention, trending, and discussion on a weekly basis. 

I'm fine with either option but it's far from a stupid idea.

• 1 month later...

Just finished it. LOVED the series. I loved how there was a diverse cast and there was no fuss about it. Black, asian and white actors everywhere which challenges the idea that a historical fiction despite being fiction has to be historical. 

My only qualm was the scene between Lady Danbury and the Duke where she brought up race and how black people became more accepted into society once the queen -who is black- married the king -who is white.- The scene was so out of the blue, inorganic, there was no build up to it, and it felt very forced or pasted in to invoke some element of racial inequality. It would have made more sense if there was a build up to it or it was a central theme. Instead it felt like random virtue signalling lost in the more pertinent themes like love and marriage. Again I really appreciated the diverse cast and how black actors were given characters of the nobility and not just relegated to maids and butlers. I felt like that was more powerful than the aforementioned scene itself. 

5 minutes ago, Cute said:

Just finished it. LOVED the series. I loved how there was a diverse cast and there was no fuss about it. Black, asian and white actors everywhere which challenges the idea that a historical fiction despite being fiction has to be historical. 

My only qualm was the scene between Lady Danbury and the Duke where she brought up race and how black people became more accepted into society once the queen -who is black- married the king -who is white.- The scene was so out of the blue, inorganic, there was no build up to it, and it felt very forced or pasted in to invoke some element of racial inequality. It would have made more sense if there was a build up to it or it was a central theme. Instead it felt like random virtue signalling lost in the more pertinent themes like love and marriage. Again I really appreciated the diverse cast and how black actors were given characters of the nobility and not just relegated to maids and butlers. I felt like that was more powerful than the aforementioned scene itself. 

I'm not sure if having the nobility and "the help" be racially diverse is all that powerful

Monster Megamind
On 11/3/2020 at 9:11 AM, Scandalous said:

this looks like that one flop cancelled show Star Crossed she did a few years ago :deadbanana4:

Bridgeton is based on a strong novel series so it won't be screwed up like that.