Mom | Season 8 | Cancelled

AbeHicks

1602704314_header.jpg

Emmy and Academy Award winner Allison Janney stars in this funny and often heart-wrenching comedy from executive producer Chuck Lorre. Bonnie must learn to adjust without her daughter and former-roommate, Christy, around. With a chaotic past behind her and a newly empty nest, she focuses on her marriage to her husband, Adam, and on what she wants to be now that she’s finally grown up. Now more than ever, Bonnie depends on the support of her friends, including the wise Marjorie, the wealthy and sometimes misguided Jill, the overly emotional Wendy and her foster sister, Tammy, who was recently released from prison. Collectively, they help each other overcome their mistakes and stay sober in the face of whatever life throws at them.

New season begins airing on 2020, November 5!

Cast:

Allison Janney (Bonnie)
Jaime Pressly (Jill)
Mimi Kennedy (Marjorie)
Beth Hall (Wendy)
William Fichtner (Adam)
Kristen Johnston (Tammy)

Edited by AbeHicks
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tangane

• AbeHicks

• SchmoodRing

• ConceptD

Excited for this but also sad that Anna Farris is not returning. Her chemistry with Allison is just amazing!

Edited by vinKC
fridayteenage
32 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Hope they pull a Two And A half Men and have some success..The Show is good :gaycat5:

well there they had a replacement so there were still 2.5 men; while here i don't see who's being a mom.

also that show was much bigger throughout even adjusted for the ratings landscape (tho it was terrible)

On 11/2/2020 at 5:22 PM, ConceptD said:

I'm excited to see where they go with it 

Mom co-creator Gemma Baker recently told TVLine that Faris’ departure would not impede on Christy’s happy ending, which is set to be revealed in the Season 8 premiere. “One of the beautiful things about recovery is that quite often people’s lives get bigger and better than they could have imagined,” she said. “And that will be Christy’s experience. We are pretty sure that our audience, many of whom have been rooting for Christy since the pilot, will be happy for her and satisfied by her new path.”

https://tvline.com/2020/11/03/mom-season-8-anna-faris-leaving-allison-janney-interview/

I'm just mad she couldn't sign for like 3 more episodes in order for her to close her chapter.

Like what's gonna happen? Within the first 10 seconds of the show they're gonna tell us that she's a lawyer and got married?

Anna Faris said she wanted to 'pursue other opportunities' but I'm sorry: 'Mom' was her biggest success since Scary Movie...

Anyway, I love Allison Janney and I believe in her for carrying the show. The whole cast is amazing.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:18 AM, Tangane said:

I'm just mad she couldn't sign for like 3 more episodes in order for her to close her chapter.

Like what's gonna happen? Within the first 10 seconds of the show they're gonna tell us that she's a lawyer and got married?

Anna Faris said she wanted to 'pursue other opportunities' but I'm sorry: 'Mom' was her biggest success since Scary Movie...

Anyway, I love Allison Janney and I believe in her for carrying the show. The whole cast is amazing.

Yeah it’s nonsense. Something happened bts or she has personal problems. I don’t believe she left for other projects. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:44 AM, ConceptD said:

I'm pleased about this. I was really worried they'd kill her or something. 

It's probably something along the lines of her having an all paid lawyer job or actually getting to be one but it's out of state or something 

On 11/4/2020 at 5:18 AM, Tangane said:

Yeah America Ferrera had the courtesy to do the same on Superstore I don't see why Anna couldn't as well. It's just about the principle of it all. On top of that her and Alison both signed contracts to appear for 2 more seasons so it's like what happened in between Anna being ok with that and than her resigning ? I hate Tammy. If they're going to continue with the mom aspect bring back Bonnie's grandkids or finally make Jill pregnant! That'd add a new spin and fresh take for the show.

5 hours ago, Shelter said:

Yeah it’s nonsense. Something happened bts or she has personal problems. I don’t believe she left for other projects. 

yeah this either cause she hasn't booked **** other then her own podcast. I honestly feel like it's personal problems. Ever since that nasty divorce with Chris Pratt and her dramatic weight loss shortly after she's probably going through something and needs some time off and away which is understandable so if that's the case why not keep it 100

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

It's probably something along the lines of her having an all paid lawyer job or actually getting to be one but it's out of state or something 

Yeah America Ferrera had the courtesy to do the same on Superstore I don't see why Anna couldn't as well. It's just about the principle of it all. On top of that her and Alison both signed contracts to appear for 2 more seasons so it's like what happened in between Anna being ok with that and than her resigning ? I hate Tammy. If they're going to continue with the mom aspect bring back Bonnie's grandkids or finally make Jill pregnant! That'd add a new spin and fresh take for the show.

AMERICA FERRERA IS LEAVING SUPERSTORE???

I'm SUPER BUMBED!!

I was like: where are they going with this "other job" storyline...? But now I understand her look at the end of last week episode... ! (Amazing show also, by the way!)

OT: Please don't bring back those awful kids haha! But yay to Jill pregnant! Make them EVOLVE like they used to do in the previous seasons!!

I wonder who's gonna be the 'straight man' in the show now? Marjorie is too dull to be the 'straight man' all the time...

Same question goes for Superstore... Jonah is quickly gonna get boring...

2 hours ago, Tangane said:

AMERICA FERRERA IS LEAVING SUPERSTORE???

I'm SUPER BUMBED!!

I was like: where are they going with this "other job" storyline...? But now I understand her look at the end of last week episode... ! (Amazing show also, by the way!)

OT: Please don't bring back those awful kids haha! But yay to Jill pregnant! Make them EVOLVE like they used to do in the previous seasons!!

I wonder who's gonna be the 'straight man' in the show now? Marjorie is too dull to be the 'straight man' all the time...

Same question goes for Superstore... Jonah is quickly gonna get boring...

Yeah she is. But it was made clear before the last season which is why they spent all of last season building up to her with this new job opportunity. The grandkids don't need to be regulars but at least a visit here and there to properly keep tabs and keep the roots intact especially with the Kristy void. It also seemed like they were building up to Majorie developing alzheimers or something 🤔 jonah is my baby 

It premieres tonight I believe...!

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yeah she is. But it was made clear before the last season which is why they spent all of last season building up to her with this new job opportunity. The grandkids don't need to be regulars but at least a visit here and there to properly keep tabs and keep the roots intact especially with the Kristy void. It also seemed like they were building up to Majorie developing alzheimers or something 🤔 jonah is my baby 

Jonah IS my baby too but I don't know... We need another straight man and it was America... So I wonder who's gonna pop in but I'm curious and I'll believe they'll do a good job! :)

The grandkids are not gonna come back... They didn't manage to show them within the...last two seasons, I believe? That would be funny if they would show up now... But who knows? Excited, nevertheless.

2 hours ago, Tangane said:

It premieres tonight I believe...!

Jonah IS my baby too but I don't know... We need another straight man and it was America... So I wonder who's gonna pop in but I'm curious and I'll believe they'll do a good job! :)

The grandkids are not gonna come back... They didn't manage to show them within the...last two seasons, I believe? That would be funny if they would show up now... But who knows? Excited, nevertheless.

The daughter popped up as a guest. Like Roscoe is about to be or is 18 that should be a big deal to the mother and grandmother. I wonder how Jonah is gonna be handled post America I hope that he doesn't get written out either. Once cast members start jumping ship it's not a good look.

7 hours ago, bearman10 said:

was it a good premiere??? how was it without faris

They did not did her dirty. I liked the way they addressed it. I honestly didn’t miss her because storyline keeps you busy. It’s not the same without her though.

reminds me of Emmy Rossum leaving Shameless 

9 hours ago, bearman10 said:

was it a good premiere??? how was it without faris

It was amazing. The way they adressed her absence was incredibly sweet, and the episode itself was great too. All the ladies got to shine.