Studio 2054: Live Show by Dua Lipa

BlackoutZone

99sandthe2000s
1 minute ago, Augmented said:

Did you catch Billies at all? Was it overall a good experience if you did?

Im so excited to get a full performance of the album (if she includes it all on the set list obviously). I’m also really intrigued on if they are going to change the vibe of some of the songs to fit a tour setting eg. I’m sure the Love Again remix would be fantastic as a performance.

we caught highlights and it was really good. perfect for someone like her with vr effects that matched her mvs.

we haven't gotten any attendance numbers but it did receive a lot of praise and good reviews. 

I will say with no audience (just random claps) and quick transitions Billie did 13 songs in like 55 mins :skull: so it does move quick

I want Dua to bring her dancers and give us a complete nightclub vibe, maybe songs in different rooms.

She has a lot of creative freedom with this kind of concert.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• BlackoutZone

• gotportugal

• Mark Rih

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

we caught highlights and it was really good. perfect for someone like her with vr effects that matched her mvs.

we haven't gotten any attendance numbers but it did receive a lot of praise and good reviews. 

I will say with no audience (just random claps) and quick transitions Billie did 13 songs in like 55 mins :skull: so it does move quick

I want Dua to bring her dancers and give us a complete nightclub vibe, maybe songs in different rooms.

I liked the idea of Billie being just in sort of virtual reality around her, cause it fit her aesthetic, but yes Dua might have a completely different kind of performance since she definitely has dancers ready too:

Maybe they recorded it in some actual venue?

11 minutes ago, Selena Gomez said:

Selling tickets to an online concert... :skull:

Did you forget about Pay Per View concert specials back in the day? This isn’t that different :skull:

5 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Oh wow thank you for the info! With these pretty much being the first online PPVs for music/concerts, I’m really not expecting them to do big numbers/rake in big attendance numbers because it’s probably going to take lots more big name artists attempting them before it catches on and becomes normalised.

Yes I like the idea of Dua moving through different rooms of a nightclub throughout the set, definitely a lot of room to be creative!

99sandthe2000s
1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

I liked the idea of Billie being just in sort of virtual reality around her, cause it fit her aesthetic, but yes Dua might have a completely different kind of performance since she definitely has dancers ready too:

:jonny2::jonny2::jonny2:

this is gonna be really good and maybe she can fit in a few costume changes as well!

I think her team is gonna sell this really well for her. Maybe she'll even have a trailer to entice people to buy tickets + exclusive merch :duca:

(I lowkey wanna go to hers over Billie's :deadbanana2: her type of performing has a lot of energy while BE is better with an audience to interactive with)

• #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, 99sandthe2000s said:

:jonny2::jonny2::jonny2:

this is gonna be really good and maybe she can fit in a few costume changes as well!

I think her team is gonna sell this really well for her. Maybe she'll even have a trailer to entice people to buy tickets + exclusive merch :duca:

(I lowkey wanna go to hers over Billie's :deadbanana2: her type of performing has a lot of energy while BE is better with an audience to interactive with)

I was about to ask if Billie's had any special merch/bonus content? Was there only one kind of ticket prices, cause it's weird how her site now says "SIGN UP HERE FOR BEST PRICED TICKETS AND EXCLUSIVE EARLY ACCESS", I feel like there might be some special bundles :eek: Also did she have any guests?

26 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

YES! Praise ha.

(Katy did some work this year, though :eli:)

She did and while pregnant. I think she'd rather sit at home and enjoy her pregnancy but label people probably said that because her last album flopped, she gotta do some promo, which she did to her credit. 

Dua is really trying hard and I respect her hustle during this pandemic.

26 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

YES! Praise ha.

(Katy did some work this year, though :eli:)

She did and while pregnant. I think she'd rather sit at home and enjoy her pregnancy but label people probably said that because her last album flopped, she gotta do some promo, which she did to her credit. 

Dua is really trying hard and I respect her hustle during this pandemic.

10 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Here this guy was talking about how some artists are planning on doing a show in empty venues and he mentioned Dua too!

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 minutes ago, mystery said:

Here this guy was talking about how some artists are planning on doing a show in empty venues and he mentioned Dua too!

Yup I remember that! That's why I'm hoping the budget of this will actually be great, but it also scares me what kind of ticket prices could we expect

99sandthe2000s
Just now, BlackoutZone said:

I was about to ask if Billie's had any special merch/bonus content? Was there only one kind of ticket prices, cause it's weird how her site now says "SIGN UP HERE FOR BEST PRICED TICKETS AND EXCLUSIVE EARLY ACCESS", I feel like there might be some special bundles :eek: Also did she have any guests?

yeah with Billie it was $30 + tax and she had exclusive/discounted merch available since the announcement and I think the shop closed yesterday.

She had a pre-show with Billie trivia & snippet of her documentary. She also did include the fans when she sang Everything I Wanted.

no special guest unless Finneas qualifies :skull: (but he's always there as background vocals and playing every instrument other than drums) 

Maybe Dua will offer tier pricing to make you want to be in advance rather than waiting and offer a special bonus with purchase. 

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

Him mentioning NBC studios and Apple makes me think the event he’s talking about might be something entirely different/separate to studio 2054 which is even more exciting.

i would actually love to watch this

I really enjoy dua lately especially with how she's been working with the era visually

so it would be fun to see

(might make my bf pay for it tho teehee)

• #FreeBritney Activist
6 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

yeah with Billie it was $30 + tax and she had exclusive/discounted merch available since the announcement and I think the shop closed yesterday.

She had a pre-show with Billie trivia & snippet of her documentary. She also did include the fans when she sang Everything I Wanted.

no special guest unless Finneas qualifies :skull: (but he's always there as background vocals and playing every instrument other than drums) 

Maybe Dua will offer tier pricing to make you want to be in advance rather than waiting and offer a special bonus with purchase. 

I hope Dua has cool merch too since futuristic Studio 54 is totally a great theme, especially after Levitating video :alexz3: I was thinking if Dua could bring Angele or Miley since she has collabs with them both around the corner. Idk what else could be included to make the ticket pricing more fair since she will probably do ~30$ too.

HauntinglyHollow

When will miss Stefani take notes and realise she could perform the whole Chromatica online and finally gives us a performance instead of voting tutorials you raccoon