• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Broken

• MrLovett

• vinKC

Finished two days ago, and I was so satisfied by this amazing show. Anya and her mother are amazing actresses.

I don't think there will be more story about it, but it would be nice to see season 2.

1 hour ago, Anye said:

Finished two days ago, and I was so satisfied by this amazing show. Anya and her mother are amazing actresses.

I don't think there will be more story about it, but it would be nice to see season 2.

I think it was alwuas meant to be a limited series. Hope they keep it that way instead of potentially ruining it despite the massive success. 

Still #4 on Netflix with three new releases ahead 

On 11/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, ChatshireCat said:

Me watching Chess youtubers analyze Beth's games like I have any idea what they're talking about

wesleywalrus

Nnnnnn same :dies:

OMGGGGGGGG I'm just soo happy I'm literally tearing up a bit. I can't believe its smashing this HARD :chick3:
And it did so with NO PAYOLA just word of mouth :nicole:The amount of clout shes getting WHEWWWW

It just  gives me that buzz when I see WHITE EXCELLENCY winning ughhhh :jonny5:

CONFIRMED STREAMING ELIXIR 

wait I came back to just say that the actress that played young Beth deserves just as much praise. :heart: I barely see anyone mentioning her. She did a phenomenal job at having me hooked right away the first few minutes. I would've definitely still enjoy the show if it was just her the whole time. :clap3:

4 hours ago, Superbitch said:

I was

about to post omg

kween of pop 

Queen already snatched her first 1M liked pic  :clap3:

53 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

OMGGGGGGGG I'm just soo happy I'm literally tearing up a bit. I can't believe its smashing this HARD :chick3:
And it did so with NO PAYOLA just word of mouth :nicole:The amount of clout shes getting WHEWWWW

Latinas stay WINNING :clap3:

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

Bish at least say white LATINA :sistrens: If you’ll say white hihihi. 

she’s Argentinian American and proud of it :sistrens: let us have her since we don’t have many latinas 

36 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

wait I came back to just say that the actress that played young Beth deserves just as much praise. :heart: I barely see anyone mentioning her. She did a phenomenal job at having me hooked right away the first few minutes. I would've definitely still enjoy the show if it was just her the whole time. :clap3:

she’s been a cinephile favorite since 2016 cuz of the witch being so acclaimed and a few other arthouse films. For all the new ones exposed to kween Anya cuz of the show watch this two:

Her and Olivia Cooke are TEH FUTURE 

On 11/17/2020 at 4:50 PM, Liafen said:

I'm curious if Chess.com will report a similar surge in new users (I for one became definitely obsessed lmao)

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/the-queens-gambit-netflix-most-watched-scripted-limited-series

However, I don’t think any of us could have predicted that The Queen’s Gambit - and the extraordinary Anya Taylor-Joy - would become the global phenomena they are today, or our biggest limited scripted series ever. Since launching on Netflix in October:

- The Queen’s Gambit novel is now on The New York Times bestseller list - 37 years after its release;

- Google search queries for chess have doubled while searches for “how to play chess” have hit a nine-year peak;

- Inquiries for ‘chess sets’ on eBay are up 250% and Goliath Games says its chess sales have increased over 170% ; and

- The number of new players has increased five fold on Chess.com.

The conversation around the show has also led to significantly higher interest in next year’s World Championship, according to the International Chess Federation.

Legend tingz.

tenor.gif?itemid=11835569

this is one of my favorite shows i’ve ever watched. i stumbled upon it in new releases and instantly fell in love. i’m so happy to see it achieving success, despite the “boring” premise. beth and young beth actresses were SPECTACULAR in their roles. i can’t get over it!!!!

i told everyone i know to watch it as soon as i was done, but it’s hard to sell because i don’t know how to explain it! there’s no crazy plot twists or dramatic cliffhangers, it’s just an amazing 7 hour long movie. 

What an incredible series. Just finished the final episode and I'm blown away by it all. I liked chess when I was younger, but never imagined I could watch a limited series about it and actually be enthralled. Anya was phenomenal, as were all the supporting cast. What a ride.

Fantastic show! Really thought nothing could beat the latest season of The Crown for me but this came along and blew me away. 

Anya was brilliant, as was the rest of the supporting cast!

I'm not intelligent enough to understand the art of chess but the matches they showed in this had me on the edge of my seat. Last episode/s in particular had me bawling at certain scenes:

Spoiler

- When Shaibel dies, Beth sees he kept track of her success via newspaper clippings, takes the photo of them and then breaks down in Jolene's car. And then when she tells the reporters not to leave out the info about how he was a skilled player in whatever article they write about her - omg. I promise you Shaibel is smiling down at you from heaven, Beth and that man NEVER SMILED! :weeps:

- Jolene's speech about being there for each other as family (her and Beth's sisterhood was so cute!). :weeps:

- Luchenko resigning and complimenting Beth after her win and the way she was all flustered and emotional about it. :weeps:

- Townes surprising Beth from the crowd of journalists. :weeps:

- Beth picking up the phone in her hotel room and hearing Benny, Harry, the twins and everybody else supporting her on the other end. :weeps:

- And finally, Beth being a boss bitch and ignoring her bodyguard dude's itinerary all so she can walk past the old grandpas playing chess and the way they light up when they recognise her. SO. CUTE. :weeps:

I'm sure that list^ is not exhaustive and there's a lot more amazing moments I don't remember but yeah. Highly highly recommended and I see this show sweeping all the awards! 

11/10 and I can be v. picky when it comes to shows so take my word for it. :clap3:

Edited by Lyrical Liar