• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Broken

• MrLovett

• vinKC

1 hour ago, Toxicity. said:

Still #1 on Netflix USA. Is it doing similar numbers worldwide? 

5LMG7Di.gif

It's really doing amazingly, right? Here in the PH, it started at the latter half of the top 10 but now it's at #2. Amazing!

6 hours ago, vinKC said:

It's really doing amazingly, right? Here in the PH, it started at the latter half of the top 10 but now it's at #2. Amazing!

Main limited series girl things only whew

5LMG7Di.gif

On 11/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, Superbitch said:

Yasssss the taste!!!

I can’t believe a chess show has been this big of a hit :WAP:

latina excellence Anya is viral on twitter after locals discovered she was Latina 

there’s a few tweets like this that made the video over 1 milli views. Kween 

Wait her Spanish is perfect :jonny:i didn’t know she was Argentinian.

the random Demi reply tho

4 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

Wait her Spanish is perfect :jonny:i didn’t know she was Argentinian.

the random Demi reply tho

I saw it Lolol bitchstayawayfromhergetajob.instagram

On 11/15/2020 at 1:13 PM, fridayteenage said:

Made me look up IRL stat. Looks like only one woman ever made a world championship, and she got last place. Guess that's why a work about a female chess player had to be fictional.

This show will probably increase the number of women who get interested in chess.  Won’t be surprised when a future woman champion chess player cites this show as an inspiration 

Finished this last night, what an amazing performance!! Loved every bit of it. I play Chess socially with friends but not to the extent of this. I was waiting for her to get assassinated for some reason :skull: 

1 hour ago, leightxn said:

I was waiting for her to get assassinated for some reason :skull: 

I thought the Russians were going to kill her:deadbanana2: :laugh:.

Netflix show ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ sparks huge surge in chess set sales.

eBay has now revealed that the website saw a 273% surge in searches for chess sets over the first 10 days of the show being released on Netflix. Nouman Qureshi, Toys Category Manager at eBay UK, told Metro: “We’re seeing shoppers turn to more traditional forms of entertainment during this second lockdown. “This includes a big uptake in the classic game of chess, which if things continue as they are, we might all be pros at by December 2.”

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-the-queens-gambit-sparks-surge-chess-set-sales-2814417

2 hours ago, Broken said:

Netflix show ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ sparks huge surge in chess set sales.

eBay has now revealed that the website saw a 273% surge in searches for chess sets over the first 10 days of the show being released on Netflix. Nouman Qureshi, Toys Category Manager at eBay UK, told Metro: “We’re seeing shoppers turn to more traditional forms of entertainment during this second lockdown. “This includes a big uptake in the classic game of chess, which if things continue as they are, we might all be pros at by December 2.”

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-the-queens-gambit-sparks-surge-chess-set-sales-2814417

I'm curious if Chess.com will report a similar surge in new users (I for one became definitely obsessed lmao)

Anya killed it & I'm pleasantly surprised it's doing so well worldwide!

But I wish there was more actual Chess involved in the plot. There was a lot of "telling & not showing" with an parade of other characters telling viewers how amazing her skill is, with little demonstration.

A bit like a sports movie where the director thinks the audience is too dumb to understand the sport & just ends up barely showing any.

Finished this one last Sunday and I'm sad because this doesn't look like this is getting another season or something. I'm obsessed with this. :jonny: 

I'm like 50% less gayer because of Beth Harmon. I wanna f her so bad. :jonny: But then I also want Benny Watts to top me. So yeah, I guess I'm gay again. :eli: