Anya Taylor Joy‘s “The queens Gambit” 100% RT

Superbitch

The excellence on display. :jonny4: 

Personally I don't think the story quite stretched to 7 episodes so there was a bit of padding, but I'm not mad because the characters, dialogue, cinematography and production design were all so compelling. The relationship between Beth and her adoptive mother I thought was heading for clichéd obviousness but instead they served a complicated, nuanced and fascinating relationship. 

My only real issue with the show:

Her addictions never really felt like a consistent obstacle throughout the show like I was expecting. There was maybe one time where it hindered one of her games in the middle and she had a rough spot towards the end, but it kinda felt quite late in the series for it to be that consequential. She seemed to overcome it almost too easily to the extend that it felt like there wasn't much drama or conflict for her to deal with.

Other than that, Amazon Originals found dead in the sewer. :clap3:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Broken

• MrLovett

• vinKC

Young In Love

Now this is what you call a quality series! Everything was so on point, i'm super impressed.

And for queen Anya, she's an icon, she's a legend and she is the moment, now c'mon now :clap3:

not me already reading some chess rules :skull: i really wanna learn how to play them

14 hours ago, Superbitch said:

The way is still #1 this weekend :WAP:

i don’t think anyone including Netflix saw

this coming :weeps:

I was shocked when I saw it at #1 still. The word of mouth must be insane. 

See when you do quality

5LMG7Di.gif

WHAT A MASTERPIECE :jonny5:

I took my time with it because I wanted to savor it. So good. 

The guy who played Harry looked so familiar and it bugged me till the end lol and it's actually Dudley from Harry Potter :dies: good for him. Stay booked king.

9 hours ago, Eóghan said:

WHAT A MASTERPIECE :jonny5:

I took my time with it because I wanted to savor it. So good. 

The guy who played Harry looked so familiar and it bugged me till the end lol and it's actually Dudley from Harry Potter :dies: good for him. Stay booked king.

Yasssss the taste!!!

I can’t believe a chess show has been this big of a hit :WAP:

latina excellence Anya is viral on twitter after locals discovered she was Latina 

there’s a few tweets like this that made the video over 1 milli views. Kween 

Edited by Superbitch
15 hours ago, badgirlriri said:

I'm still shook at how amazing this was, and the way it's such a smash series wow. 3 weeks later and still #1 on Netflix :jonny5:

Hmm wow #1 today still

:WAP:

This is probably the most well done series in a while, I have to applaud the directors, writers, photographers, the cast... everything was magnificent. Binged it in a day and now I am playing on Chess.com... :ahh:

When the opponent declines my Queen's Gambit

First Of All How Dare You GIFs | Tenor

fridayteenage

Made me look up IRL stat. Looks like only one woman ever made a world championship, and she got last place. Guess that's why a work about a female chess player had to be fictional.

20 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Made me look up IRL stat. Looks like only one woman ever made a world championship, and she got last place. Guess that's why a work about a female chess player had to be fictional.

Being #8 in the absolute ranking and the youngest to reach Grandmaster status while winning several Opens and etc etc is no small feat for a legend like Polgar

On 11/13/2020 at 7:59 PM, Superbitch said:

Yasssss the taste!!!

I can’t believe a chess show has been this big of a hit :WAP:

latina excellence Anya is viral on twitter after locals discovered she was Latina 

there’s a few tweets like this that made the video over 1 milli views. Kween 

Finally. I've been waiting for Argentinian queen to blow up ever since The Witch :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, The Witch said:

Finally. I've been waiting for Argentinian queen to blow up ever since The Witch :jonny5:

We’ve all been sis. I knew she was a star. :weeps:

I've wanted to watch this for SO long, but I promised my roommate I'd watch it with him and he is DRAGGING his feet and always working... the suspense is killing me especially because so many people seem to absolutely LOVE it