Anya Taylor Joy‘s “The queens Gambit” 100% RT

Superbitch

What I like about this show is that it avoids the clichés. I think we all expected her to get bullied in the orphanage, to get sexually abused and other horrifying things.

The show offers unpredictable character development instead and awards you with characters who aren't sociopaths. In the last 10-15 years shows often have really evil characters who do bad stuff for the shock value, but this show offers a nice break from that.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Broken

• MrLovett

• vinKC

WOW. This series is the most impressive, beautiful, spectacular series I have seen in a while.

Every character made sense in Beth's journey. Beth was a perfect mix of strengths and weaknesses and her journey was so satisfying and amazing to watch.

Perfect. Deserves critical acclaim. Anya deserves an Emmy!

The way everyone came together in the end to help her, and every temptation Beth blocked even though she felt weak at times.

The way she just wanted to revel in the feeling of winning so she decided to walk and then come across these normal chess players who got inspired by her.

That ending sequence was EVERYTHING!

This series was about passion and how people find each other through shared passions.

It's about being left and finding a place for yourself, a home.

This was incredible, who knew a series about chess could be so entertaining. I’ve loved Anya since The Witch and I’m so happy to see her career take off.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:43 PM, HabbGaga said:

I started that movie but stopped like 10 minutes in because I didn't know what I was watching.. is it any good?

Continue, sis. When it unravels, you'll be hooked. It's definitely worth watching.

2 hours ago, Track10 said:

This was incredible, who knew a series about chess could be so entertaining. I’ve loved Anya since The Witch and I’m so happy to see her career take off.

Exactly! Who knew they can make chess so tension-filled and exciting? This was genius.

My favorite show this year. Like someone else said, love how you expecting the typical bulling, abuse, drama storytelling but instead they went for a realistic point of view. These characters are not one-dimensional but they show good and bad decisions can be made by anyone. 

And Anya is the highlight. She can act. She doesn't even need to speak a word and you can already tell what she is feeling in that scene.

17 hours ago, vinKC said:

WOW. This series is the most impressive, beautiful, spectacular series I have seen in a while.

Every character made sense in Beth's journey. Beth was a perfect mix of strengths and weaknesses and her journey was so satisfying and amazing to watch.

Perfect. Deserves critical acclaim. Anya deserves an Emmy!

Reveal hidden contents

The way everyone came together in the end to help her, and every temptation Beth blocked even though she felt weak at times.

The way she just wanted to revel in the feeling of winning so she decided to walk and then come across these normal chess players who got inspired by her.

That ending sequence was EVERYTHING!

This series was about passion and how people find each other through shared passions.

It's about being left and finding a place for yourself, a home.

UGH all of this! Whew I loved it :jonny5:

Anya keeps slaying me :wap:

Amaing series!!!! :clap3:

15 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

That gay twist...

Nnnnn I saw it coming from miles away :fan:

Just finished it, it is wonderfully written and i loved beth's character development, very unexpected and realistic

Edited by artc0cx

Last episode was amazing. Love how the group of men came together to support this female.

And jolene is that girl. I love her and beths sisterhood.

Whore of Babylon

anya taylor joy looking glamorous, drinking like a fish and destroying every man she meets? yes. this is the best show of the year. :wap:

13 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Is this better then ratched, hollywood, someone has to die, ect. From nextflix?? I believe so.

Girl.... Obviously kween Anya her power!

the show was still #1 some days ago 

fridayteenage

2020 scripted show w/the most imdb ratings now, beating The Outsider.

and it doesn't have a 'genre show' advantage, built in franchise appeal, or a-list names to push it.

Young In Love

just finished episode 4 and this is so GOOD :jonny5:the lead actress is so stunning!

any atrlers know how to play chess? :mandown: i personally don't, there's so many rules :dancehall:

27 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

The way is still #1 this weekend :WAP:

i don’t think anyone including Netflix saw

this coming :weeps:

Oh wow :clap3:

I’m glad it’s receiving this much attention coz it is just soooo good.