• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Broken

• MrLovett

• vinKC

4 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

First episode is a bore but mostly because it focuses on her younger self, and it's just a repetitive episode, but if you push through that it gets much better. I'm on episode 4 and I'm really enjoying it

Hide contents

The mother dying in episode 4

I wish was a little more impactful because I really liked that character. It was refreshing to see someone not using her for money or anything which is a common trope. I really liked their bond but the death was underwhelming. Then again it might impact her more going forward.

Yeah but then it just gets you as you keep watching. I didn’t know the mom was played by Marielle heller who directed a beautiful day in the neighborhood last year :eek:

33 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

:rip:

Look I couldn’t have been the only one :toofunny3: :toofunny3:

btw when are we playing smash. I’m trash at it but it’s fun. 

1 hour ago, Superbitch said:

Yeah but then it just gets you as you keep watching. I didn’t know the mom was played by Marielle heller who directed a beautiful day in the neighborhood last year :eek:

I started that movie but stopped like 10 minutes in because I didn't know what I was watching.. is it any good?

45 minutes ago, Drama said:

Look I couldn’t have been the only one :toofunny3: :toofunny3:

btw when are we playing smash. I’m trash at it but it’s fun. 

I'm DOWN 

1 hour ago, HabbGaga said:

I started that movie but stopped like 10 minutes in because I didn't know what I was watching.. is it any good?

Wasn’t a fan personally but it was very acclaimed and consisted one of last years best but I didn’t like it much. Most award season followers loved it 

1 hour ago, clee95 said:

#1 in the US! Queen did that! Finished it in one day, amazing show.:clap3:

100% on RT and #1 on Netflix, can you say legendaric :jonny5:

This was very compelling and well made all the way around, from writing to directing to costume and set design and music, but Anya really stole the show. She is so magnetic and captivating in many ways in this role, it’s fascinating and a joy to watch her play this part. 

One thing I like about this series is that you see hint of a several tropes/clichés, but it doesn’t  follow the predictable path for the most part. For example, when you first see the orphanage director, you think “she is gonna make Beth’s life hell,” but in the end she doesn’t. Same with the school’s bully. Her adoptive mother turns to be a flawed, but still caring mother. You never know how the characters will act.

Edited by Mirtilo

Just finished it in 2 days. What an excellent show. :clap3:I actually really cared about the cast especially Beth. It started a bit slow at first then it picks up by Episode 3. The finale was great! 

10 hours ago, Miles. said:

100% on RT and #1 on Netflix, can you say legendaric :jonny5:

Omg we love to see it!!! :jonny6:

I deff did not expect it to be a smash on Netflix like that 

This was so good, I'm shook :deadbanana4: Truly the best series I've seen this year and I've seen quite a lot of them. I wasn't sure I wanted to watch a show about chess and it just completely snatched my wig :jonny4:

Binged this and it was stellar, I’ve always found her captivating, especially with her eyes so she really slayed this role! She’s those rare actresses who always raises the bar in regards to her portrayal of the character like what a talented Latina

Spoiler

The ending part of the series where she goes back to her orphanage after Mr Shaibel passed and she saw his whole shrine of her winnings and then she reached for their only picture together.... :cries:

and she never paid him the $10 she owed :dies:

So looking forward to her other releases she’ll be coming out with... legend is a hustler

:gaygacat5:

3 hours ago, Zolvnski said:

Binged this and it was stellar, I’ve always found her captivating, especially with her eyes so she really slayed this role! She’s those rare actresses who always raises the bar in regards to her portrayal of the character like what a talented Latina

Hide contents

The ending part of the series where she goes back to her orphanage after Mr Shaibel passed and she saw his whole shrine of her winnings and then she reached for their only picture together.... :cries:

and she never paid him the $10 she owed :dies:

So looking forward to her other releases she’ll be coming out with... legend is a hustler

:gaygacat5:

Last night in soho next year and possibly the Northman :wap:

This was really incredible, definitely one of the best things I've watched this year. Top notch acting, directing and specially the writing. When you can make a series about chess feel this emotional and engaging you know you got something special. Hopefully it can snatch some awards.

Sad that Netlfix is barely promoting it tho.

Just finished it, what a fantastic miniseries, the acting, script, directing, costumes, music, everything was just on point :clap3:

Anya Taylor-Joy is a legend :clap3:

Edited by Headlock

Just finished this,  this was amazing :clap3:It was so great to see Beth be independent,  headstrong,  but not devoid of making mistakes. What a fascinating journey to watch.  She was extraordinary yet still human and flawed. When she hit rock bottom :cries:

What happened to Alma and her birth mother :cries:  Marielle Heller was great,  now I know she acts just as well as she directs :clap3:

Her friendship with Jolene was so cute :heart:

Townes & Harry caring about her so much :heart2:

I HATED every minute her adoptive father was on screen,  a true a-hole.

And the ending was fabulous. Loved how she had a support system all along even though she always thought she was a loner. Anya is such a talented actress and she better get her recognition in awards season next year :clap3:

I watched the first episode. I love the mood of the show especially the score. The final scene of ep1 was genius and captivating! Will finish it this weekend.