• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Superbitch

• Broken

• MrLovett

• vinKC

I saw her in my town a few years ago and it's great she's doing a TV show. I've been a fan since The VVitch and having 7 1-hour episodes will really allow her to show off her acting ability and this along with Furiosa will raise her profile. Happy that she and Olivia Cooke are really doing it.  

I really liked it actually, her acting is really good and the show overall holds itself very well.  Its also amazing they made it into a short series it was perfect

feelslikeadream

Oh, I just heard about this show for the first time today when my friend told me I had to watch :eek: I didn't realize it was acclaimed. Maybe I'll watch once I'm done with my current miniseries (Top of the Lake)

I FREAKING LOVE ANYA. If y’all haven’t seen Thoroughbreds YOU HAVE TO IT’S AMAZING.

So excited to finally get to see this series :jonny5:

8 hours ago, BadHabits said:

I saw her in my town a few years ago and it's great she's doing a TV show. I've been a fan since The VVitch and having 7 1-hour episodes will really allow her to show off her acting ability and this along with Furiosa will raise her profile. Happy that she and Olivia Cooke are really doing it.  

Same ever since the witch I’ve been rooting for her and it’s such a joy to see her grow and get more known. :weeps:

7 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I FREAKING LOVE ANYA. If y’all haven’t seen Thoroughbreds YOU HAVE TO IT’S AMAZING.

Yes her and Cooke are two of the best younger actresses

I didn't even finish the first episode it was really boring and repetitive, but I'll go back to it and try again because its gotten good reviews but nothing spectacular so far.

7 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

!! And she was amazing in The Witch and Marrowbone too. 

Can’t wait to check this show out. Hoping she gets her rightful Emmy nom.

Anya, Julia Garner, and George Mackay are the three young actors I’m most excited about right now. 

Edited by Miles.
10 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Yes, I have. Not many people came to see it at my local cinema. But it was really good, both her and Olivia.

3 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Yes her and Cooke are two of the best younger actresses

Just now, BadHabits said:

Yes, I have. Not many people came to see it at my local cinema. But it was really good, both her and Olivia.

YAS! Olivia and Anya ARE the future :jonny5:

Just now, Ampersand13 said:

They're also British which you would've have known considering their American accents in the films they star in. 

39 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Watch sound of metal whenever it comes out. She’s so good in it ;)

37 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

They're also British which you would've have known considering their American accents in the films they star in. 

well Anya could be many things Lolol.

she was born in florida then lived in Argentina/speaking Spanish only then moved to England lol. She can do it all. I love her Argentinian Spanish accent 

She also says her siblings are 2 in the us 2 in London and one In Argentina they’re all over the place. I’d like to see her in a Spanish movie 

First episode is a bore but mostly because it focuses on her younger self, and it's just a repetitive episode, but if you push through that it gets much better. I'm on episode 4 and I'm really enjoying it

Spoiler

The mother dying in episode 4

I wish was a little more impactful because I really liked that character. It was refreshing to see someone not using her for money or anything which is a common trope. I really liked their bond but the death was underwhelming. Then again it might impact her more going forward.