Jump to content

Miley Cyrus - 'Plastic Hearts'


BlackoutZone

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • josesuxx

    142

  • dreamofyou

    141

  • FlyOnTheWall

    119

  • P!NK2LOVE

    104

This is her best album, I love that it has a distinct sound and image and it’s very... glam poprock? Like it’s clearly pop, I almost feel like this is what Warrior wanted to be n

Link to post
Share on other sites
crossbonezolo

Golden G String is such a cute closer. And I can't believe I've been reading hate about Bad Karma for months, it's so good! Even though Joan might be the one to have saved the song to be fair. 
This is by far my favorite album by her since Can't Be Tamed, I wish my fave could take some notes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cain said:

This is her best album, I love that it has a distinct sound and image and it’s very... glam poprock? Like it’s clearly pop, I almost feel like this is what Warrior wanted to be n

StoppppFDSFK dont remind me of how that turned out to be

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer

I'm done with my first full play! I think it's overall a strong album, but it could have done with some better melodies. The lyrics are impeccable, it has its own distinct vibe, and half of the songs have great replay value. I'm glad there's nothing else remotely sounding like Prisoner on it. I'm satisfied overall, and already playing it a second time!

 

Provisional ranking:

  1. Angels Like You
  2. High
  3. Hate Me
  4. WTF Do I Know
  5. Golden G String
  6. Midnight Sky
  7. Never Be Me
  8. Night Crawling
  9. Prisoner
  10. Plastic Hearts
  11. Gimme What I Want
  12. Bad Karma
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the album could’ve used one more Midnight Sky in the latter half, all the songs are midtempos and she put all the bangers in the front, but there isn’t a bad song on here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
2 minutes ago, Cain said:

I feel like the album could’ve used one more Midnight Sky in the latter half, all the songs are midtempos and she put all the bangers in the front, but there isn’t a bad song on here 

Yeah, I was expecting some more 'angry' songs like WTF Do I Know

Link to post
Share on other sites

"hate me" reminds me of a song that would be played during an early 2000s movie, during a scene where the main girl has just gotten her heart broken and there's a montage of her trying to pick up the pieces and move on 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like Bad Karma, it’s the ‘weird’ song on the album and a welcome variety at that point 

 

I actually think I like WTFDIK and GWIW the most, they’re just so in your face but very catchy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was so much she could've done with the disco/rock sound. So much untapped potential had it not been for her "presentation over substance" mentality. 

It's basically Rock For Dummies!!! stepping on every single trope in the most half baked and lazy ways. 

 

Everything from Prisoner to Midnight Sky is what it should've been in its entirety, the rest falls flat and the ballads severely lack emotion or don't really go there vocally which baffles me cause she usually does the most when she performs live. 

 

4/10

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
3 minutes ago, raven said:

"hate me" reminds me of a song that would be played during an early 2000s movie, during a scene where the main girl has just gotten her heart broken and there's a montage of her trying to pick up the pieces and move on 

I know right??? It sounds straight out of a Hollywood Records act's album from the 2000s, I love it :dies:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Early ranking...

 

1. Midnight Sky (so ****ing good)

2. Angels Like You (one of her best already)

3. Bad Karma (rock anthem)

4. Night Crawling (infectious af)

5. WTF Do I Know (great start to an immaculate album)

6. Never Be Me (great ballad)

7. Plastic Hearts (superb, but there are better)

8. Gimme What I Want (chorus is a bit grating, length is too short)

9. Hate Me (lyrics are a bit cringe in the chorus)

10. High (she has better ballads on here)

11. Prisoner (feels very thrown together, love them both though)

12. Golden G String (fine, just not very relatable for me)

 

 

Ranking her projects

1. Plastic Hearts (obvs)

2. Bangerz (defined my teens)

3. SHE IS COMING (she did the damn thing)

4. Can't Be Tamed (masterpiece)

5. Younger Now (IDGAF what y'all say this album is INCREDIBLE)

6. Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (too ****ing long)

7. Breakout (some great songs)

8. The Time of Our Lives (meh apart from the singles and Obsessed)

9. Meet Miley Cyrus (she's grown so much thank ****)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the album 1st album.

 

Honestly she topped herself :clap3: the rock the disco the country the pop... She gave us all with her beautiful vocals accompanied by excellent lyrics and real instruments. Everything is...perfect? She is totally in her element. :jonny5:

 

Hard to pick favorites but gimme what i want, night crawling, never be me, bad karma are going to be the best songs to overplay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

There was so much she could've done with the disco/rock sound. So much untapped potential had it not been for her "presentation over substance" mentality. 

It's basically Rock For Dummies!!! stepping on every single trope in the most half baked and lazy ways. 

 

Everything from Prisoner to Midnight Sky is what it should've been in its entirety, the rest falls flat and the ballads severely lack emotion or don't really go there vocally which baffles me cause she usually does the most when she performs live. 

 

4/10

This will ALWAYS be Miley though, like, I hope no one expects a truly trailblazing album from Miley. She basically has the same structure and mold for every album but just adjusts the genre of it everytime which usually makes for an enjoyable but somewhat siffled result. I’d say this is her best effort so far but the ‘basics’ of whatever genre she’s putting on is always what you’re gonna get 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...