Jump to content
A dark theme is now available to ATRL+ members. ×

Little Mix - “Sweet Melody”


CrisPop

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • shark_heather

    599

  • tbhmatt

    571

  • Tinashegrande6

    174

  • KKKIMO92

    171

TwistedInnocence
On 10/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, Nerez said:

I wouldn't trust them with the choreo...they said they almost broke their necks with the WLM choreo and it was literally a 10s scene dddd

 
To be fair, that one scene had them hanging their heads upside down and turning them to the side, so I can see why they made that joke :angel:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Screaming at MNEK reposting the teaser on Instagram and saying “video looks expensive” dhfjskfllflflf he better drag RCA and their lack of budget 

Link to post
Share on other sites
shark_heather
2 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

I think you guys should keep your expectations low for the chart performance. I’m expecting Top 20, Top 15 at best.

 

Their streaming numbers just aren’t strong enough to really challenge the Top 10, but hopefully I’m proven wrong. Hope it’s a bop, at least. 

First week i hope for top20 , 2nd week top15 and 3rd week we crack the top10 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

First week i hope for top20 , 2nd week top15 and 3rd week we crack the top10 

Top 10 would be amazing, hopefully with the album release it could be possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Screaming at MNEK reposting the teaser on Instagram and saying “video looks expensive” dhfjskfllflflf he better drag RCA and their lack of budget 

I actually think RCA is doing everything they can in this COVID situation. They girls are no more on their glory days, so it's useless to put songs on TTH, but in the UK playlists they are good placed when they aim for some kind of longevity. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the first time they're doing bundles or even cassettes. The videos... well... BUS was just meant to be that bad in total lockdown and the Holiday one was cheap, yes, but it was clearly put together at last minute and filmed on the first day after lockdown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, touch said:

I actually think RCA is doing everything they can in this COVID situation. They girls are no more on their glory days, so it's useless to put songs on TTH, but in the UK playlists they are good placed when they aim for some kind of longevity. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the first time they're doing bundles or even cassettes. The videos... well... BUS was just meant to be that bad in total lockdown and the Holiday one was cheap, yes, but it was clearly put together at last minute and filmed on the first day after lockdown. 

Oh yes I think RCA have done a pretty good job all things considered, but the cheap ass Holiday video still makes me scream (even tho it was a last minute job)

 

Jade also dragging them for the lack of budget was a scream, too

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Oh yes I think RCA have done a pretty good job all things considered, but the cheap ass Holiday video still makes me scream (even tho it was a last minute job)

 

Jade also dragging them for the lack of budget was a scream, too

:dies::dies::dies:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 7:47 PM, LovaticSwiftie said:

 

Guys, that person is the biggest troll on ATRL. He trolled almost every fanbase already.

Yeah, they basically just repeated what was already said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
shark_heather

Eh at some point they will want to get married,  have children etc so obviously we wont get eras and tours every year . But i think it will all come to how successful SM and the album will be.  If they do worse than WLM/LM5 i can see them taking a loooong break 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

Eh at some point they will want to get married,  have children etc so obviously we wont get eras and tours every year . But i think it will all come to how successful SM and the album will be.  If they do worse than WLM/LM5 i can see them taking a loooong break 

You really think so?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a roller coaster the last few years have been. Basically, it's been a series of highs, lows, and hurdles since the Syco split. 

 

Like others have said, I think RCA + management have done a decent job all things considered. They had the unfortunate reality of kicking off an era as rona was kicking off hers. And because no one would have ever predicted lockdown etc would last this long, they've done well to execute a campaign that at least "feels" well mapped out. 

 

As more of a casual fan of theirs, I still yearn for an album that is triple A across the board. So full of undeniable bops like Touch, Black Magic, etc. Or a themed project e.g like a Disco or full fledged R&B/Pop LP that boasts visual continuity too. Randomly, they also don't really have a mega ballad to their name.

 

With 'Confetti', so far i'm getting the "usual" jukebox of randomness approach they always take. On the one hand, "if it's not broke, why fix it." Especially as it's effectively worked this long. But at the same time, that may be exactly why it feels things are petering a bit now. Which brings me to...

 

9 hours ago, Dysmorphia said:

Does anyone think this will be their last album before they go on “hiatus”? 

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

Eh at some point they will want to get married,  have children etc so obviously we wont get eras and tours every year . But i think it will all come to how successful SM and the album will be.  If they do worse than WLM/LM5 i can see them taking a loooong break 

Their age,  breaking of the girlband mould (by still being together), and maturing audience, would make a hiatus or break-up make sense on paper. But I really think they should stick it out for at least one more project (after this).

 

Granted the GP aren't all up on label ins and outs, I think it'd be smart for the girls to really make this RCA thing work and establish some post Syco success to really cement that they weren't solely defined by that machine. And also so as to have a solid foundation to come back to if and when they regroup.  

 

TBH, it doesn't even need to be a new album. Maybe a greatest hits / singles collection with new tracks to celebrate 10th year and have an excuse to go on a farewell tour. 

 

They are such a positive anomaly in that they really appear to have foregone the allure of solo careers (which I don't seem them starting now) to stick it out together. Even their TV show feels like a collective boss move to expand beyond the band and make a mark in a new way. 

 

Unlike a lot of groups that go on "hiatus" only to never return, I could see them doing stuff like that (as well as the individual documentaries) and still having LM as the base hub. Whether on purpose or happenstance, I think they've caught on to the reality that they make more and impact more as a unit. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinashegrande6
11 hours ago, Dysmorphia said:

Does anyone think this will be their last album before they go on “hiatus”? 

I'd be here for them doing one solo era each and then getting back together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
boyandhistiger
17 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

I'd be here for them doing one solo era each and then getting back together.

they could easy throw a repackaged edition with 4 new songs and 1 solo from each of the girls, tbh. i honestly dont want to see them go their own way only to be panned and get discouraged.

Edited by boyandhistiger
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...