Topaz

5H still had two albums left

Topaz

@ 9:02 Ally said there was one more Album left and a Christmas Album as well. But according to her book EPIC RECORDS rejected and would not do any more Fifth Harmony albums which meant the girls had to break up bc there would be no point anymore staying in a group where they weren't going to be able to record music anymore.

P!NK2LOVE

Thank the lord that there are no more threats from them :jonny: 

Luner45

Welp looks like LA Reid and Slyvia Rhone were successful in killing yet another girl group 

ProudLBS

I'm actually surprised Epic decided to cancel those last 2 albums. Did their previous ones perform that poorly? I thought they did well on streaming at least. And their music didn't exactly sound expensive to produce.

Edited by ProudLBS

gui

This can’t be possible :rip:

britkneepopboi

glad the albums were scrapped.

'Fifth Harmony' was less than impressive, an album after it most likely would've been just as bad (& would've done just as poorly), also who on earth would've wanted a 5H Christmas Album? :skull: 

it was best to pull the plug.

Sanguine

They deserved ten more and a Halloween album :jonny5:

selena_lavigne
4 minutes ago, britkneepopboi said:

'Fifth Harmony' was less than impressive, an album after it most likely would've been just as bad (& would've done just as poorly), also who on earth would've wanted a 5H Christmas Album? :skull: 

self-titled was their best album what you sayingggg. 

the hate for that album is too much. Don't Say You Love Me was the 2nd song I ever covered and it's their best song after work from home. FIGHT ME.

JustHoran
25 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

I'm actually surprised Epic decided to cancel those last 2 albums. Did their previous ones perform that poorly? I thought they did well on streaming at least. And their music didn't exactly sound expensive to produce.

The album without Camila did terrible. No hit singles, no hit album and yeah Epic was done. 

JustHoran

SO, if Epic shelved the albums they were probably going to drop them, right? They could have easily went to another label but the girls were over it anyway it seemed.

Post Malone

I actually really liked their last album without Camila :chick3:

fridayteenage
32 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

The album without Camila did terrible. No hit singles, no hit album and yeah Epic was done. 

no camila no winning

Topaz
38 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

SO, if Epic shelved the albums they were probably going to drop them, right? They could have easily went to another label but the girls were over it anyway it seemed.

U cant move to another label when they were locked in for 2 more albumms. Thats like asking Kesha to move even though DR Luke wants to see her fail like their label did to 5H. Thats how u make money. Drop Meghan and Fifth Harmony and have a giant mega smash Camila win PR and Sales in return.

48 minutes ago, britkneepopboi said:

The songs they had on were fine for what that we dealt with. They weren't allowed to do more. Yes the singles they picked were wrong, but they barely were funded for that last album bc the label wanted Camila only. They should of had been allowed to drop songs until a hit sticked like Camila had to chance to with 6-8 songs and collabs she did.

trainsskyscrapers
3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

no camila no nasal adlibs

:sorry:

Angel & Lonely Night were SOLID.

Both would've been better leads than Down & He Like That, which would've been a suitable leads for a greatest hits album down the line.

britkneepopboi
46 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

self-titled was their best album what you sayingggg. 

the hate for that album is too much. Don't Say You Love Me was the 2nd song I ever covered and it's their best song after work from home. FIGHT ME.

it wasn't horrible but it wasn't anything new or interesting in my opinion... the uninspired Work From Home rehash (Down) & the thrown together album wasn't it, 5H gave everything they needed to give.

Angel was the most memorable moment in my opinion, a bop & a serve :flame: 

4 minutes ago, Topaz said:

The songs they had on were fine for what that we dealt with. They weren't allowed to do more. Yes the singles they picked were wrong, but they barely were funded for that last album bc the label wanted Camila only. They should of had been allowed to drop songs until a hit sticked like Camila had to chance to with 6-8 songs and collabs she did.

yeah, you can tell the label checked out after Camila left. There was no effort put into that era, it felt like a goodbye album tbh.

paper moon

They all seemed done with it towards the end and I can’t say I blame them. Would’ve been different if they had a label that genuinely nurtured and supported them from the beginning.

The biggest surprise is that Ally has been the most consistent with releasing music. Her hustle is very admirable.

TinashesLighter
19 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

:sorry:

Angel & Lonely Night were SOLID.

Both would've been better leads than Down & He Like That, which would've been a suitable leads for a greatest hits album down the line.

AGREED!  The girls honestly deserved better, i remember being annoyed when i realized how short the track list was

Lady Claire

No Camila no contract

J-esper

Overall they always got the short end of the stick. Even when Camila was still part of the group.

I mean they released 3 albums and an EP in the end, and only were able to get one US top 5 entry.

Even if Camila had stayed to fullfill their overall contract, the group hardly was probably the cashcow they hoped it would be.

Also as a group they kinda lacked unity from the very first start of the group. It basically was trial and error, with a label and team that had no clear idea what to do. And the label just got lucky Camila was interested on staying to also persue her solo path with the label.

Sad Serenade

Their last album (without Camila) bombed that's why they scrapped. I wish 4H have released one or two more albums together as a group to prove they were a group but they failed and do exactly what Camila did. 

Goofy

yall seeing things. the last 5H album would've flopped with or without Camila, there were no hits. the 7/27 album did poorly too even with a huge hit. Western girl groups ain't been shipping albums since PCD days

jdanton2

i want a Christmas album.

J-esper
22 minutes ago, Sad Serenade said:

Their last album (without Camila) bombed that's why they scrapped. I wish 4H have released one or two more albums together as a group to prove they were a group but they failed and do exactly what Camila did. 

Let's be honest they were overall not really setting the charts on fire. Even if Camila had stayed they would not have lasted much longer

Topaz
38 minutes ago, Sad Serenade said:

Ik my tacky self wanted 5 albums from 5H or at least 4 and a xmas album. At least their Halloween song gets promo every year.

25 minutes ago, Goofy said:

yall seeing things. the last 5H album would've flopped with or without Camila, there were no hits. the 7/27 album did poorly too even with a huge hit. Western girl groups ain't been shipping albums since PCD days

14 minutes ago, J-esper said:

Let's be honest they were overall not really setting the charts on fire. Even if Camila had stayed they would not have lasted much longer

If Camila stayed the 3rd album and the label DEF would have pushed that album hard. Disbanded the group at an even bigger peak and Camila would be bigger than she is right now. 

Hitchhiker

Fifth Harmony didn’t even have much success from the get go even with Camilla they got 1 huge hit and 1 top 15 song their albums didn’t do well either.

Their hyped died these two albums probably wouldn’t have made it to top 20 or even gave them a hit