• Namie Amuro
    • Koda Kumi
    • Utada Hikaru
    • Perfume (teehee!)

• #FreeBritney Activist
feuxtography
On 12/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, Newt said:

I'm glad we can all put this question to rest 

Cheers to another 10 years of unmatched talent, success, versatility, innovation and quality :monkey:

Honestly all of Utada's releases this year have been perfection. She's truly the blue print. :jonny:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feuxtography

• Almost Home

• suburbannature

• Newt

1000 forms of queer

Utada is literally a God compared to these other ‘artists’. The only other Jpop singer that comes close is Sheena.

Seriously Utada is like the T-Swift/Adele of Japan, she consistently makes great, listenable music. The other songs featured on the OP are all garbage ☠️

• #FreeBritney Activist
suburbannature
2 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

Utada is literally a God compared to these other ‘artists’. The only other Jpop singer that comes close is Sheena.

Seriously Utada is like the T-Swift/Adele of Japan, she consistently makes great, listenable music. The other songs featured on the OP are all garbage ☠️

Adele :skull: 

getinthezone
4 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

Utada stans still behaving like this :skull:

bestfiction
4 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

Utada is 100x better than Adele, they can be only compared success wise. Deep River and Ultra Blue demolish Adele's discography

sweetkiss
8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

:rip: I think you think Ayumi is something she’s not, artistically. Duty is v cute, though.

She could never pull off Namie’s peak run.

Ive been listening to Ayu longer than some people have been alive on this forum. I think Ayu is incredible artist (writing, directing and emotional delivery)

Namie didnt do ONE song in her career that had emotional capacity of teddy bear (Duty).

Namie is just tops bops and pops. Literally no substance, just sexy looks and cringe english.

• #FreeBritney Activist
suburbannature
Just now, sweetkiss said:

Ive been listening to Ayu longer than some people have been alive on this forum. I think Ayu is incredible artist (writing, directing and emotional delivery)

Namie didnt do ONE song in her career that had emotional capacity of teddy bear (Duty).

Namie is just tops bops and pops. Literally no substance, just sexy looks and cringe english.

:ahh: 

sweetkiss
2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

:ahh: 

U feel the heat, yeah, a beat like this
Is it just a dream? No, this is real
If you don't believe me, then disappear, please
Cuz I'm a Queen of Hip-Pop

1000 forms of queer
4 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

Utada stans still behaving like this :skull:

I’m sorry Utada has the acclaim and sales the other JPOP girlies don’t!

She’s the only one out of the 4 that can still have a #1 song (One Last Kiss)

Serving quality AND longevity

Prisoner of Love - Song of the Decade

This song was huge in China too, probably one of the biggest Japanese song in history. 滨崎步 was also pretty big in China. She was the most popular girl for many years, but mostly her name was big, on news and stuff, you don't really hear her music that much as you heard her name being mentioned here and there.

Edited by lmnoc1
  • #FreeBritney Activist
feuxtography
27 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

Omg you are UNHINGED but I would absolutely agree that Sheena is top tier talent and the other girlies aren't even in the same stratosphere.

I didn't include her though as she is not really associated with the other girls both commercially and just genre-wise.

Legend ****!

getinthezone
48 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

I’m sorry Utada has the acclaim and sales the other JPOP girlies don’t!

She’s the only one out of the 4 that can still have a #1 song (One Last Kiss)

Serving quality AND longevity

Her vocals are average and she had massive industry backing from day one because of her parents, whereas the others actually worked their way up 

Edited by getinthezone
1000 forms of queer
5 hours ago, getinthezone said:

Her vocals are average and she had massive industry backing from day one because of her parents, whereas the others actually worked their way up 

I’m not a delusional stan and will admit that her vocals are not that strong, but just like TSwift she consistently serves quality music. Like honestly that Hands on Me song by Namie listed on the OP is so fking tragic ☠️☠️ Utada would never release garbage songs like that

Hongbin

Utada

Ayu ruined her legacy 

Kumi is nowhere near the other girls levels

And namie had to retire to be relevant.

• #FreeBritney Activist
suburbannature
2 hours ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

I’m not a delusional stan and will admit that her vocals are not that strong, but just like TSwift she consistently serves quality music. Like honestly that Hands on Me song by Namie listed on the OP is so fking tragic ☠️☠️ Utada would never release garbage songs like that

You clearly are a delusional stan. I’m pretty new to JPop, but that’s already clear.

• #FreeBritney Activist
suburbannature

Namie is considered the Madonna/Janet of JPop for a reason. Quality and breaking the mold.

Sorry that the other generic girlies can’t compare.

1000 forms of queer
3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

You clearly are a delusional stan. I’m pretty new to JPop, but that’s already clear.

If you’re new to Jpop and you stan Namie that really speaks VOLUME. Her music has no substance. Wtf is that ‘hands on me’ song even? You cannot objectively say that Namie’s music is better than Utada’s ☠️

• #FreeBritney Activist
feuxtography
3 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

Wtf is that ‘hands on me’ song even?

A bop.

But no need to be obtuse on purpose. Namie has decades of quality music with the career long accolades to prove it.

While I agree that Utada serves a quality thats not comparable to Namie (or the other girls) there's no need to dog on Namie as if she's Xtina levels of six feet under. :rip:

53 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

If you’re new to Jpop and you stan Namie that really speaks VOLUME. Her music has no substance. Wtf is that ‘hands on me’ song even? You cannot objectively say that Namie’s music is better than Utada’s ☠️

and yet Namie was ahead of the curve with this avant garde bop, while Utada is only catching up with the PC Music scene

• #FreeBritney Activist
57 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

Utada serves Adele levels of basic whilr Namie was the Janet of JPop with reinvention and experimentation from 90s-early 00s. Sorry you can’t handle it.

8 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Namie is considered the Madonna/Janet of JPop for a reason. Quality and breaking the mold.

Sorry that the other generic girlies can’t compare.

Ayu is the Madonna