1. 1. Why do i have to put a question into both fields

• Ayumi Hamasaki
    • Namie Amuro
    • Koda Kumi
    • Utada Hikaru
    • Perfume (teehee!)

• #FreeBritney Activist
7 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

The Utada bots couldn’t take it so they dug up their dusty dupes to vote, duh. :foxaylove2:

Was there a little utada tag in her base or something. :sistrens:

2 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Nah, I genuinely got banned off here for dragging her repeatedly years ago. :foxaylove2:

Reminds me of when I consistently got banned for dragging SNSD back in 2013. What was the point? There wasn't! :bibliahh:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feuxtography

• Almost Home

• suburbannature

• Newt

8 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Oh! No I didn't, lemme go scope. Maybe if they're mini's, she can actually edit into something usable. Though her last double project with "~fAcial~" was just twice the BOMBS so I'm expecting nothing. :sistrens:

Starting a trial with apple music. Imma watch Namies eras from start to finish. It's going to be like, a week long of namie. :rip:

They both contain her previously released singles so I wouldn't be too confident about that. :sistrens:

Also AM was the first service to have J-Pop acts available and I even made a US AM account for this very reason because it was so tiring to put so much effort to be able to listen to them. :skull: 

6 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Was there a little utada tag in her base or something. :sistrens:

Reminds me of when I consistently got banned for dragging SNSD back in 2013. What was the point? There wasn't! :bibliahh:

The former Admin used to her a massive stan so wouldn't surprise me there are still perks for her fans. :sistrens:

I may or may not have misgendered her repeatedly on purpose and may or may not have likened her to a dog. Dark times. :skull: 

Edited by Almost Home
  • #FreeBritney Activist
4 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

They both contain her previously released singles so I wouldn't be too confident about that. :sistrens:

Also AM was the first service to have J-Pop acts available and I even made a US AM account for this very reason because it was so tiring to put so much effort to be able to listen to them. :skull: 

The former Admin used to her a massive stan so wouldn't surprise me there are still perks for her fans. :sistrens:

Hide contents

I may or may not have misgendered her repeatedly on purpose and may or may not have likened her to a dog. Dark times. :skull: 

I've always been a spotify squirrel so I'll probably stop after the trial. They have just about all the jpop acts that are relevant to me now. Namie just got added earlier this year I believe, at least, all her stuff is up now.

EXCEPT for Mademoiselle Yulia. Spotify removed her albums like, two years ago and I'm hard pressed. Her debut is pop perfection.

Spoiler

:deadbanana4::rip:

I mean, it was a completely different time on ATRL and the internet. I don't even want to see what I used to say about Katy and SNSD. They were honestly the two artists I hated the most despite listening to them both. :deadbanana4:

worldwide angel
19 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

I didn't include the likes of Kyary and Perfume (legitimately) because stat-wise they're in completely different ranks. I don't follow Japan sales stats too much, but Perfume/Kyary had moments of successful singles and albums but definitely not decades long of records sold like the others. Though, once this thread collects dust I might start up a Kyary vs Perfume vs Capsule thread. :sistrens:

Utada is pretty much universally loved, even outside of jpop fans. ATRL is just full of edge-lords, myself included. :heart:

i understand xo :heart2:

17 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Nah, I genuinely got banned off here for dragging her repeatedly years ago. :foxaylove2:

this is sending me 

2 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

I've always been a spotify squirrel so I'll probably stop after the trial. They have just about all the jpop acts that are relevant to me now. Namie just got added earlier this year I believe, at least, all her stuff is up now.

EXCEPT for Mademoiselle Yulia. Spotify removed her albums like, two years ago and I'm hard pressed. Her debut is pop perfection.

Reveal hidden contents

:deadbanana4::rip:

I mean, it was a completely different time on ATRL and the internet. I don't even want to see what I used to say about Katy and SNSD. They were honestly the two artists I hated the most despite listening to them both. :deadbanana4:

I prefer AM because I've grown used to it and TIDAL (for the quality and endless supply of trials) but I do use Spotify frequently too especially since they've added a lot more acts as they've become available in more countries. Namie was added within the last year or two but I think some of her stuff is still missing. Nothing a casual listener will notice however. :foxaylove2:

I also used to hate on BoA because she'd get grouped with the J-Pop Queens on here and it just wasn't sitting well with me. :coffee2:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

I prefer AM because I've grown used to it and TIDAL (for the quality and endless supply of trials) but I do use Spotify frequently too especially since they've added a lot more acts as they've become available in more countries. Namie was added within the last year or two but I think some of her stuff is still missing. Nothing a casual listener will notice however. :foxaylove2:

I also used to hate on BoA because she'd get grouped with the J-Pop Queens on here and it just wasn't sitting well with me. :coffee2:

BoA is a big fat nothingburger and I didn't even think to add her to this poll. Korean transplants not wanted. :sistrens:

Though, she does have some gems in her Japanese catalog. White Wishes? A serve. 

1 minute ago, feuxtography said:

BoA is a big fat nothingburger and I didn't even think to add her to this poll. Korean transplants not wanted. :sistrens:

I'm not too fond of her J-Pop discography but her K-Pop discography does have some gems. :foxaylove2:

Imagine wasting a collab like this to make this? :deadbanana4:

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

I'm not too fond of her J-Pop discography but her K-Pop discography does have some gems. :foxaylove2:

Imagine wasting a collab like this to make this? :deadbanana4:

omg I have never heard this and I would have been fine living that way. :deadbanana4: was it a charity single or something?

BoA is mostly background noise for me, but yes, she does have bops in her Kpop catalog. Obviously Hurricane Venus is kind of her peak. Usually there is at least one song per release though I like.

I do LOVE her self titled though. The Blackout of english debuts. :heart:

Just now, feuxtography said:

omg I have never heard this and I would have been fine living that way. :deadbanana4: was it a charity single or something?

BoA is mostly background noise for me, but yes, she does have bops in her Kpop catalog. Obviously Hurricane Venus is kind of her peak. Usually there is at least one song per release though I like.

I do LOVE her self titled though. The Blackout of english debuts. :heart:

Yeah it was a part of Song Nation (charity for 9/11 attacks). Ayu, hitomi, Namie, etc. all had tracks there too. :emofish:

I used to like her English debut too but like most music from that period with that sound it's aged dreadfully. It's almost unbearable to listen to now unless for nostalgia. :skull:

Hurricane Venus is probably her ultimate give the gays everything they want moment. Still not my personal high. :dies:

17 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Her KPOP discogpraphy>>>>>>>Garbage>>>Jpop Discography.

worldwide angel
23 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm still a hater.

:foxaylove2:

:skull:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Hivy said:

Her KPOP discogpraphy>>>>>>>Garbage>>>Jpop Discography.

I never claimed her Jpop stuff, just that it has its highlights.

Her material, all over, is subpar to me though. :heart: Even IU has stronger songs. Dont @ me.

7 minutes ago, D.D.D. said:

the one still releasing ALBUMS in 2020, QUEEN KUMI

Not the giant L  :bibliahh:

edit: she does still look hot tho :gaycat1:

Edited by feuxtography
7 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Maybe she should stop. :foxaylove2:

:deadbanana: The drop in quality after JAPONESQUE was too much (though Color the Cover had some good songs despite being, well a cover album). Idk what happened to her. 

Remember this? :ahh: 

15 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

:deadbanana: The drop in quality after JAPONESQUE was too much (though Color the Cover had some good songs despite being, well a cover album). Idk what happened to her. 

Yes, I’ll never forget listening to Bon Voyage and realising the interludes are the only decent portions (I won’t count pre-release tracks cause Go to the Top and TOUCH DOWN were still okay) . :ahh:

This is still good honestly. :foxaylove2:

Edited by Almost Home
11 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Not the giant L  :bibliahh:

edit: she does still look hot tho :gaycat1:

angeL or monsteR -  what's your side? :gaycat5:

• #FreeBritney Activist
8 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

:bibliahh:

I HATE THIS SONG.

Like, the verses are alright but that obnoxious laughing with the terrible chorus. I can't STAND it. :bibliahh:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, D.D.D. said:

angeL or monsteR -  what's your side? :gaycat5:

monsteR, she looks 18! :gaycat1:

@Almost Home

Love Me Back is INDEED a bop. Serving better than Britney. :giraffe:

15 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

not the worst song on the album :toofunny2:

Edited by D.D.D.
4 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

monsteR, she looks 18! :gaycat1:

@Almost Home

Love Me Back is INDEED a bop. Serving better than Britney. :giraffe:

What Lady Gaga thought she was doing with ROM methinks. :foxaylove2: