It's A Sin | All episodes out now, Olly Alexander Gay Show

Back in 2018, Russell T. Davies, creator of the beloved queer television series, announced he was working on a new show tackling gay life. Originally titled The Boys, the five-part drama follows three young men—Ritchie, Roscoe, and Colin—after they move to London in the early ’80s at the beginning of the AIDS epidemic. The series underwent a few name-changes thanks to Amazon’s 2019 superhero series with the same title. First, it was retitled Boys; finally, the team settled on It’s A Sin.

As NewNowNext previously reported, out Years & Years frontman Olly Alexander stars as 18-year-old Ritchie Tozer, one of the three queer men starting new lives in London. In a new series teaser, we get to see Alexander in action as he stands at a bar jukebox—playing, appropriately enough, “It’s A Sin” by Pet Shop Boys—before turning to eye the hunky, blond bartender.

The official synopsis for It’s A Sin reads:

It’s 1981, the start of a new decade and Ritchie (Olly Alexander), Roscoe (Omari Douglas) and Colin (Callum Scott Howells) begin a new life in London.

Strangers at first, these young gay lads, and their best friend Jill (Years and Years’ Lydia West), find themselves thrown together, and soon share each other’s adventures. But a new virus is on the rise, and soon their lives will be tested in ways they never imagined. As the decade passes, and they grow up in the shadow of AIDS, they’re determined to live and love more fiercely than ever.

The cast of It’s A Sin also includes Neil Patrick Harris, Keeley Hawes, Stephen Fry, Tracy Ann Oberman, Shaun Dooley, Lydia West, and Nathaniel Ash.

http://www.newnownext.com/its-a-sin-hbo-max-first-teaser/10/2020/

Perched for this so much :duca: :jonny5:

Edited by Hector
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hector

• Miss Anthropocene

• X~MoviePoP

• josesuxx

38 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

Ugh can we have a show about queer people in 2020?

I need something like Looking or Queer as folk :jonny4:

This. People need to know there’s more to a gay life than sex drugs and aids.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Hector said:

Still can't buy Olly playing an 18yr old. :rip: 

Other than that.. it looks interesting. Might give it a watch. 

Edited by D_Man3379
  • 4 weeks later...
HotFriedChicken

Omg can we get a series about gay people that's NOT about them hooking up in bars. Smh :doc:

• 2 weeks later...
Miss Anthropocene

First episode was brilliant! Feels like I’m 15 watching Queer As Folk again :chick3:

Just watched the first episode and it was very good. I'm already depressed with all the AIDs stuff, but I'm really enjoying the characters.

Miss Anthropocene
Spoiler

Finished the 2nd Episode and I feel like little Colin is being set up for a tear jerking death. He’s so cute too I want him :cries2:

I binged the whole thing today and :jonny5:Davies is a KING, I was already shook by Years and Years when it came out and this is just as good or possibly even better. I sobbed my way through the end of episode 3, episode 4 and then again episode 5. Absolutely heartbreaking when you can feel what's coming and there's just nothing any of the characters can do about it. 

It's very reminiscent of 120 BPM and equally as good. The acting is sublime, I laughed and cried a lot.

I heard this is good so will check it out. My bf isn’t too keen cause he says he dislikes AIDS storylines but I’ve heard it’s a very moving portrayal of the times 

HotHeaven

Just finished watching this and it was brilliant. I teared up a lot, such an emotional rollercoaster. :monkey:

this was such a good watch but WHEW the emotions. i cried a lot.

Spoiler

when colin passed away i was a TOTAL mess. and his mum being such a sweetheart. and jill being such a wonderful character. and the final scene with all of richie's friends gathered at the table, and jill going to see other patients in the hospital :'(