• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• lover.

• devmachine

• andrer92

Didn't care for most of the singles, and my first listen was quite underwhelming

Californian Soil is my only 10/10. At least there's room for the rest to grow on me

Also makes me appreciate their previous album even more, so that's nice :flower: 

I'm not sure if it's because this is the first time I'm paying London Grammar attention, but I really love Californian Soil.

The only thing I dislike are those scratchy noises especially in the flawless intro and All My Love. Like why? But thank God, I know it's on purpose because if I heard this during my first vinyl play I'd be worried. 

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

I'm not sure if it's because this is the first time I'm paying London Grammar attention, but I really love Californian Soil.

The only thing I dislike are those scratchy noises especially in the flawless intro and All My Love. Like why? But thank God, I know it's on purpose because if I heard this during my first vinyl play I'd be worried. 

Yes!!! It’s SO irritating. I was listening last night on headphones and the crackling in All My Love almost ruins it. It’s SO loud. I know it’s meant to sound that way, but I really wish it didn’t.

20 hours ago, lover. said:

Plot twist! 

So excited to hear Eternal Flame

it is Hannah actually, lmao. sorry I had the speed in the player wrong and it distorted it. :rip:

This is a good album but tbh the title track is the only song that's on par with the quality of their other 2 albums. The rest is very nice, but kind of standard. Will keep on listening tho, I'm sure it'll grow on me 

As a massive London Grammar, this album is objectively worse than the previous 2 (which are stellar).

The singles are good -> Californian Soil and Lose Your Head are strong consistent songs. But the deep cuts are not as good as their previous albums. All of them except America are a skip. 

I'm also feeling quite conflicted with this EDM sound they are approaching :chick1:

43 minutes ago, TMZ said:

They need to change their sound. I loved Baby It's You which shows growth but everything else is...the same

Baby It's You it's like the worst song on that album :rip: It sounds so uninteresting and stagnant in terms of production and lyrics, I almost gave up on this album when they released this one as first single nn

I haven't listened to their first 2 albums in soooo long but I think I do like this better than their last one. California soil and lose your head whewwww :clap3:

Absolutely stunning album :jonny5: Both in production & vocals!

Best tracks: Missing, Lose Your Head,  How Does It Feel,  Baby It's You, Call Your Friends,  I Need The Night, and Lord It's A Feeling. 

Damn, what an album!

Really like it, their last was a tad too long.

Outstanding tracks  to me are

I Need The Night

America

Lord It's A Feeling

Lose Your Head

HonourableVomit

I don't get how anyone can listen to this and think it's similar to the past 2? They had way more similarities to each other than any of the songs on here except maybe Talking. 

This is soooo good. 

On How Does It Feel the album drag a little I fear.

truly a flawless beginning on this album. The intro up to Lord It's a Feeling is a stunning punch.

Call Your Friends and I Need the Night are the standouts from the second half.

I'd rank the whole thing a solid 7.5 out of 10.

Edited by Guy12345

Most of this is very good and was an enjoyable first listen.

I'm glad they kept it short, 12 songs and 44 minutes is just about ideal for an album.

There were a few weaker moments and some lyrical choices that are probably going to bug me when I listen again.

Oh yeah, the vinyl scratchiness affect thing - I think it was just on "All My Love" - that needs to stop, it always makes me want to check my headphone cable to see if there is something wrong.

Edited by Letemtalk
Glory And Gore

I actually really love this after a couple of listens. my favorites are Missing, Lose Your Head, Lord It's A Feeling and I Need The Night. 

I was so and so on this album at first but it’s ****ing London Grammar so I needed to give it a proper chance. Listened to the album from beginning to end again while making dinner and wow I really grew to love it. Hannah’s insta post about how this album is different for her personally makes sense. The lyrics are more personal and tell a story. 

My trinity are Call Your Friends, lord It’s a Feeling and Lose Your Head :jonny: 

I get the criticisms that their sound hasn’t changed much but for me personally when I listen to LG, I listen to them for the uniqueness so I don’t have any qualms with their signature sound.