any idea why they postponed?

RideOrDie
17 minutes ago, pavi said:

No but it might just be their best album yet

Letemtalk
3 hours ago, pavi said:

The Indie pop trio – comprising of Hannah Reid, Dan Rothman and Dominic ‘Dot’ Major – have given fans another taste of their delayed third studio album, ‘Californian Soil’, which will now arrive on April 9, after being pushed back from February 12, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.hollywoodtreatment.com.au/78951/london-grammar-drop-new-single-lose-your-head/

andrer92

I'm kinda sad.

I lost a lot of hype when an artist delays their album, especially if they released a single 7 months in advance lol

the same happened with the last HAIM album, I was crazy about the first tracks that end up being the bonus tracks and ruined the album experiencie for me.

Blue Rose

This is so ****ing stupid :deadbanana4:

They love these super long rollouts that are useless and pathetic. TIABT took 6 months to be released, but that was kinda understandable since they were still working on the album and gearing up for Glastonbury.

This makes no sense. The album been ready since last year :deadbanana4:

All my hype is basically gone atm. I only love 1 out the 3 singles. The album better have something absolutely spectacular to make up for this shitfest. 

Ewan Chaos

Well I haven't really listened to anything from this record yet and I don't really love their albums so at least a bit of insider excitement will keep me going for a few months... I guess

RideOrDie
7 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

This is so ****ing stupid :deadbanana4:

They love these super long rollouts that are useless and pathetic. TIABT took 6 months to be released, but that was kinda understandable since they were still working on the album and gearing up for Glastonbury.

This makes no sense. The album been ready since last year :deadbanana4:

All my hype is basically gone atm. I only love 1 out the 3 singles. The album better have something absolutely spectacular to make up for this shitfest. 

How Does It Feel, a banger :WAP:

On 1/5/2021 at 9:55 PM, RideOrDie said:

All I can say is amazing album and worth the wait :WAP:

What else can you tell about the album? Any surprise producers?
How much of the tracks are more uptempo, like Lose Your Head?

• 3 weeks later...
RideOrDie
On 1/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, Tricky said:

What else can you tell about the album? Any surprise producers?
How much of the tracks are more uptempo, like Lose Your Head?

So I wanted to have some time to digest the album before making any comments.

This is a very strong, cohesive body of work. It has a dash of apocalyptic, Western feel to it. It is mainly about close relationships but there's a hint of global unease, society as a collective needing to hold onto each other etc.

"How Does It Feel" is the most upbeat song on the album and of their entire career. It's a electro-pop masterpiece with a killer hook. "All My Love" and "America" are the ballads, they are very stripped back/acoustic. "Missing" is definitely the weakest song on the album for me, excluding "Intro" which is not really a song. I've also heard 8 outtakes and they are generally very strong tracks, with one standout that's better than some of the album tracks, I wonder if they have any plans to release that because it's so good. Although I don't think this album has a song as good as Rooting For You (a career highlight), I think it will end up as my favourite album from them.

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

So I wanted to have some time to digest the album before making any comments.

This is a very strong, cohesive body of work. It has a dash of apocalyptic, Western feel to it. It is mainly about close relationships but there's a hint of global unease, society as a collective needing to hold onto each other etc.

"How Does It Feel" is the most upbeat song on the album and of their entire career. It's a electro-pop masterpiece with a killer hook. "All My Love" and "America" are the ballads, they are very stripped back/acoustic. "Missing" is definitely the weakest song on the album for me, excluding "Intro" which is not really a song. I've also heard 8 outtakes and they are generally very strong tracks, with one standout that's better than some of the album tracks, I wonder if they have any plans to release that because it's so good. Although I don't think this album has a song as good as Rooting For You (a career highlight), I think it will end up as my favourite album from them.

What was the outtake called though?

• 1 month later...
HonourableVomit

oh for **** sake :clown: I've been holding off listening to anything because I hate ****ing waiting but this is getting absurd. 

Blue Rose

they can keep it tbh :deadbanana4:

are physicals that important to them? Maybe they think they can debut at #1 again but chile, there’s no hype for this album 

furlevan

Using the excuse of delays because the pandemic on 2021 doesn't sound logical to me. 

It's been more than a year with this situation. 

Get your s*** together.

• 2 weeks later...
RaFanatic

Serbia strikes once again. You can buy this on vinyl, so i ordered it and will have it on Tuesday. 

ahauntingnearu

I'm excited to hear this. Such gorgeous vocals :jonny6:

RaFanatic

The album is beautiful, but yeah, its no If You Wait. Many tracks are in style of Lose Your Head, more upbeat-ish than i expected. But its really good.

Joesuxx
12 minutes ago, RaFanatic said:

The album is beautiful, but yeah, its no If You Wait. Many tracks are in style of Lose Your Head, more upbeat-ish than i expected. But its really good.

Wait did it L word?

I haven't listen to anything yet and, at this point, I'll wait for the whole project. As much as I adore If You Wait, the second album didn't catch my attention. I'll give it another chance in advance to this new one.

RaFanatic
4 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

Wait did it L word?

No

Edited by RaFanatic
andrer92
25 minutes ago, RaFanatic said:

Nope, i managed to get an early vinyl. Will post my thoughts tomorrow.

Thanks. I’m really curious