H100: Dynamite 3x #1, Holy #3, Diamonds #51, Me Gusta #90

Renan90

15 hours ago, Pop Art said:

I really do like the song and am happy for their success, but this kinda says it all.

I disagree with people calling it "fraudulence" since they're playing by the rules even if to an extreme, but it's very clear that so far, its chart success has been at the very least 75%+ exclusively stan driven (and probably significantly more than that). Only time will tell if this will translate into it becoming an actual hit once they stop releasing new material around the song for fans to consume en masse each week. This is low key kinda like a more extreme version of what Taylor has been doing for folklore but with less GP support and more intense stan support.

BTS can brag about #1 all they want, but yeah acting like the song has GP support is laughable. We all know their stans have it on loop on streaming sites, buy all their discounted remixes every week, and watch the 1,000 dynamite videos released. Nothing about it’s chart run is legitimate. 

15 hours ago, Brando said:

All these fraudulent fumes from BTS stans trying to paint everyone as racist, when at the end of the day we have:

1 song which is a cultural phenomenon and the other song which is VERY popular among BTS stans...

Of course people are gonna call them out on their tactics and question the legitimacy of that #1. Like :toofunny2:

Right. We all know WAP is a cultural phenomenon especially in the US. Dynamite isn’t even known by 95% of the GP. They keep releasing new videos and discounted remixes for their stans to buy. 

Billboard really needs to do something because their charts have already been unreliable but now it’s just a joke. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• headbishincharge

• fridayteenage

• Ria

• Ger

13 hours ago, Capruni said:

I’m so happy for Anitta achieving her first entry on Hot 100 with “Me Gusta” at #90.

Hope she smashes in USA with her next releases, she deserves it.

Is It early to say “Savage Love Remix” with BTS has a big chance to achieve #1 in the upcoming weeks since Wap or Dynamite will do less than ~350 points?

they have really big chances for that

12 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

Wait can someone explain why people are calling BTS frauds? I don’t follow them so no clue what’s been going on with them. 

they were selling singles on their website and that's gave them #1

also:

Charlie finally credited on I Hope, and it went back in the top ten :clap3: 

I Hope and Before You Go always switching places in the top ten. I hope they could both be in the top ten in some weeks but they have both peaked I guess.

17 minutes ago, Gaia said:

BTS can brag about #1 all they want, but yeah acting like the song has GP support is laughable. We all know their stans have it on loop on streaming sites, buy all their discounted remixes every week, and watch the 1,000 dynamite videos released. Nothing about it’s chart run is legitimate. 

Right. We all know WAP is a cultural phenomenon especially in the US. Dynamite isn’t even known by 95% of the GP. They keep releasing new videos and discounted remixes for their stans to buy. 

Billboard really needs to do something because their charts have already been unreliable but now it’s just a joke. 

It’s a hit Gaia

-You said it would flop in Korea and its shaping up to be their biggest hit.

-You said they had peaked with BWL and they ended up breaking new records upon release

You said it would freefall and its chartrun is 1-1-2-2-1

You said its unknown by the US when its #14 in pop radio #13 on US Spotify & #12 in overall streaming after more than a month and they’re getting booked for big performances everywhere

Hang it up already :sistrens:

21 hours ago, Tanuki said:

And some people still circling lies that he's in a decline, because Changes had humble sales. :bibliahh: Biebz still making hits and still main pop boy. :clap3:

His last lead single debuted at number 2. Holy debuted at number 3. 

How is it incline? It is decline if anything. 

If his second single performs like Intentions as well(will be harder), will he even open with 150k this time? :celestial5:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

45 minutes ago, BTS said:

It’s a hit Gaia

-You said it would flop in Korea and its shaping up to be their biggest hit.

-You said they had peaked with BWL and they ended up breaking new records upon release

You said it would freefall and its chartrun is 1-1-2-2-1

You said its unknown by the US when its #14 in pop radio #13 on US Spotify & #12 in overall streaming after more than a month and they’re getting booked for big performances everywhere

Hang it up already :sistrens:

The way everything he says backfires on him :ahh:

a CLOWN :ahh:

How soon till Folklore outsells Lover?

16 hours ago, Pop Art said:

I really do like the song and am happy for their success, but this kinda says it all.

Multiple remixes aside...Funny because if a female pop star managed purely what’s on the tweet, it will give bragging rights on Atrl and be applauded. I don’t understand how it puts things in perspective. 
As a matter of fact, in a year or two, Adele’s stans might be able to claim that without streams and radio and based on sales alone, her new single would have still debuted at #1 and all the comments would be : « SLAY!!!» and deservingly so. So the very strong negative response here is weird. 

But I do agree that WAP feels way better and it’s a literal monster but it did manage to top the charts for 3 weeks. 

Edited by BnPac

3 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Multiple remixes aside...Funny because if a female pop star managed purely what’s on the tweet, it will give bragging rights on Atrl and be applauded. I don’t understand how it puts things in perspective. 
As a matter of fact, in a year or two, Adele’s stans might be able to claim that without streams and radio and based on sales alone, her new single would have still debuted at #1 and all the comments would be : « SLAY!!!» and deservingly so. So the very strong negative response here is weird. 

But I do agree that WAP feels way better but it did manage to top the charts for 3 weeks. 

It's because at the end of the day, even though the idea is the same between your example and this, one involves many more people actually consuming the song than the other, even though this specific parameter indicates they're both in a similar level of success and popularity. That's why people are upset, because their tactics — while in the realm of what's allowed — are painting a sense of popularity that's not exactly true outside of the group of people who are consuming it.

Again, I don't think it's fraudulence, but it's definitely pushing the limits of what we've seen in terms of remixes and I actually wouldn't be shocked it Billboard made a new rule or something because of it, which is unfortunate because all artists shouldn't have to suffer because one group took it too far.

BTS making both Western and Kpop stans on here miserable as hell every single day truly is a sight most pleasing to me ????

Give it up pathetic losers, BTS will always win at the end of the day no matter what you say lmao. Their #1 is no more fraudulent than Western songs being shoved down our throats by being added to every single playlist in existence and being overplayed by radio all thanks to payola and label support. They’re MUSICIANS selling MUSIC. They’re playing the game and you’re all just mad they did it better than everyone else because people WANT to consume their music. It’s stable, would’ve still been in the Top 5 without the remixes, and consistently growing globally too we love to see it ??

47 minutes ago, BnPac said:

But I do agree that WAP feels way better and it’s a literal monster but it did manage to top the charts for 3 weeks. 

I generally don't want to get involved in this drama, but you can not compare Hello to Dynamite. First of all Adele doesn't have stans like BTS. Sure they may be some dedicated fans but generally it's the GP and casual fans buying her music. Secondly, unlike Dynamite, Hello was the first single from the follow up to the biggest Billboard 200 album of all time. It was a follow up to a force of nature, so obviously it was guaranteed to be a force of nature too. Secondly, Hello didn't just reach no. 1 in the US. It did so everywhere in the world. Literally everywhere. Everyone knew of it, everyone heard it. It's release sent earthquakes in the music world. Did Dynamite have any of that? MOTS7 may have sold 4M copies worldwide, but can you compare those numbers with 21's? Keep it cute and keep the titans out of your mouth.

Edited by ithinkheknowsoutsold

18 hours ago, headbishincharge said:

Is this about me? 

No one is pressed here. 

ARMY can bulk-buy their faves' garbage music all they want, it wont get them GP support or recognition. People are only here for one k-pop group, they want BLACKPINK. 

zGxX46s.gif

LMAOOOOO blinks really live in a bubble of their own. Pack it up 13k sales and 50 streams. 

9 minutes ago, somecatchyname said:

LMAOOOOO blinks really live in a bubble of their own. Pack it up 13k sales and 50 streams. 

that blink comment made me scream so bad when I read it :bibliahh:

-

is there a rule a #1 song must take support from the gp other than fan base? no. this is the most stupid thing I've ever heard for a chart discussion. Nevertheless I think the gp also bought and streamed their music.

BuT tHe Gp DoN't KnOw ThE SoNg, ThEy dO'nT kNoW BtS :juanny:

14 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I generally don't want to get involved in this drama, but you can not compare Hello to Dynamite. First of all Adele doesn't have stans like BTS. Sure they may be some dedicated fans but generally it's the GP and casual fans buying her music. Secondly, unlike Dynamite, Hello was the first single from the follow up to the biggest Billboard 200 album of all time. It was a follow up to a force of nature, so obviously it was guaranteed to be a force of nature too. Secondly, Hello didn't just reach no. 1 in the US. It did so everywhere in the world. Literally everywhere. Everyone knew of it, everyone heard it. It's release sent earthquakes in the music world. Did Dynamite have any of that? MOTS7 may have sold 4M copies worldwide, but can you compare those numbers with 21's? Keep it cute and keep the titans out of your mouth.

Firstly, I didn’t compare Hello to anything, as a matter of fact I didn’t even talk about Hello. There was nothing shady at all in my comment. 
Secondly, I was talking merely about the tweet and that such a feat shouldn’t be looked down upon, it was clearly mentioned in my post. 
Lastly, no shade at all but you are an idiot. 

56 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Again, I don't think it's fraudulence, but it's definitely pushing the limits of what we've seen in terms of remixes and I actually wouldn't be shocked it Billboard made a new rule or something because of it, which is unfortunate because all artists shouldn't have to suffer because one group took it too far.

Fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, drmkng said:

that blink comment made me scream so bad when I read it :bibliahh:

-

is there a rule a #1 song must take support from the gp other than fan base? no. this is the most stupid thing I've ever heard for a chart discussion. Nevertheless I think the gp also bought and streamed their music.

BuT tHe Gp DoN't KnOw ThE SoNg, ThEy dO'nT kNoW BtS :juanny:

There isn’t. They’re just mad none of their favs have a fanbase as big and dedicated as BTS lmao. Barely anyone is able to do what they do and they’re mad. Pretty sure every artist in existence wants what BTS have. 

And exactly! Dynamite is actually currently rising on itunes when no one in the fandom is talking about buying it and no buying party has been planned. That’s the GP. Their Tiny Desk performance is being checked out by lots of locals as well and the song’s actually been #1 on Shazam New York for days now. It’s obviously not a viral hit like WAP, but it’s stable and a good part of the GP IS actually checking it out and liking it. BTS sell out more US stadiums than many Western artists. They have hundreds of thousands of fans in the US, on top of regular casual listeners. That’s more than enough to confidently say they’re a hugely popular and successful act. People on here can pretend they’re unknown all they want, but at the end of the day it just won’t change the facts lmao. 

12 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Firstly, I didn’t compare Hello to anything, as a matter of fact I didn’t even talk about Hello. There was nothing shady at all in my comment. 
Secondly, I was talking merely about the tweet and that such a feat shouldn’t be looked down upon, it was clearly mentioned in my post. 
Lastly, no shade at all but you are an idiot. 

Fair enough. 

Tell me what was Adele's latest lead that made you think she would pull of a number one based on sales alone? Did you not have it in your mind?

No shade but you're being ignorant and making zero sense instead of admitting what you meant.

37 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Tell me what was Adele's latest lead that made you think she would pull of a number one based on sales alone? Did you not have it in your mind?

No shade but you're being ignorant and making zero sense instead of admitting what you meant.

What I meant is clearly written in my post with no detours whatsoever and the person it was aimed at did understand it. 
I am not sure I even understand this post or understand what you understood from my initial post so let’s just say you’re right. 

Edited by BnPac

26 minutes ago, Sinister said:

2nd #1 for both acts

Nnn :rip: :rip: 

Wait, so Me Gusta didn’t even make the #90? :deadbanana2:

20 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

Jason has a #1? :priceless:

Yes, "Whatcha Say" in 2009.

33 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

Smile the album is already down to 160?  :rip:

Yes, in its fourth week. :psyduck: I don't think is gonna survive another week, considering it has dropped 50 spots week after week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.