• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gotportugal

• Cain

• xicnx

• FAN

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, xicnx said:

Let’s wait for the material, single cover for this could be a serve!

I'm pretty sure the single cover will be this!

3 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Expecting nothing less than a top 15 peak and a 2x Platinum certification just like what DaBaby helped MOM get. 

Would be very happy with that kind of performance (though this song deserves more). Even though I personally don't like the song, My Oh My was definitely a success and a great example of a moderate sized hit.

At least some girls understand that you need to drop a remix feat a relevant artist to build new hype for a post album single.... :cm:

Spoiler

Unlike miss Lady Gaga :oxygen2:

I guess it is what it is.

I'm still confused at the choice of rapper when she had several other options within WMG, but I'll support and keep an open mind.

I hope they didn't remove the bridge, since that's the climax of the song and didn't tweak the production too much. I'd be okay with a In Your Eyes type of remix, but DaBaby can't sing, as opposed to Doja.

Off topic, but I'm just so surprised at how incredibly mean some fanbases are at Dua for no reason. The only thing I can think of is that they feel threatened by her sucess. So much that they try to discredit it on all fronts (TTH payola, radio payola, etc).

Like she literally has no beef with anybody and was one of the few to literally release an album tailor-made for the gays. She hasn't had to push any scandals/narratives to be relevant.

I feel like that's exactly the reason why I resonate with her. She's unproblematic (she's had one or two controversies, but they've never been timed to coincide with a single/album release. She only cares about the music and gave us a freaking stellar album, and tried to make us happy during a ****ing pandemic!

Back OT: I hope this helps the song take off, it definitely is a marketable choice.

2 hours ago, Konan said:

at least Dua has Solo hit before Dababy remix :clap3:

2 hours ago, headztrong said:

Not everybody has that :gaycat5:

2 hours ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Not everyone has that to their credit!

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Thank you Kane :clap3:

OT: Hopefully it's an US only single

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

She still felt the need to get new version out with a trendy country artist, cause the OG wasn't doing all that. Love how Don't Start Now and Break My Heart are hits without any featurings :smitten: 

Hopefully Levitating solo will somehow overshadow this misstep.

NBTS peaked at #13 the week before the Kane Brown remix was released, the same peak as BMH, so according to your logic BMH ain't a solo hit either?

zGxX46s.gif

Anyways, the Madonna/Missy Remix never made any sense, so let's hope this version helps the song out

zGxX46s.gif

Edited by Hot Volcano

I don’t get why Dua is trying so hard to sabotage herself in this era, everything started out so perfect and then she decided not to release Physical as a single in US, after that we got that tragic video for Hallucinate, then Club Future Nostalgia specially wasting two iconic features in a terrible remix (I mean, for some people it was something good but I personally didn’t like it at all and I don’t think it was necessary at all, at least not in the middle of the era) and now she’s putting a rapper on a song that we all made clear we wanted her to keep solo, Dua girl, what’s going on?