• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Junlin

• BlackoutZone

• Elvenpath

• RT Air

• #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

so are we thinking Magic is #1 based on the writers?

Yeah definitely, I hope it's a huge knock since it's an opener

Wig. Literally, wig. 

2 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Any idea of a date? :duca:

1 minute ago, Petty Bourgeoisie said:

But when :jonny:

The users in the know on SayHell say it’s coming Friday. Maybe @Arcade can confirm. 

Edited by bitchfit
28 minutes ago, Petty Bourgeoisie said:

But when :jonny:

Friday for sure. If not Thursday. She wouldn't be teasing new single two or three weeks in advance. We're gonna get it next week and I'd say music video two weeks after that. She needs to start boosting those numbers as LM are releasing album the same day... poor Kylie.

14 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Friday for sure. If not Thursday. She wouldn't be teasing new single two or three weeks in advance. We're gonna get it next week and I'd say music video two weeks after that. She needs to start boosting those numbers as LM are releasing album the same day... poor Kylie.

how much did LM sell in the first week? Golden sold 45k in 2018, pretty sure LM aren't as strong at album sales

27 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

how much did LM sell in the first week? Golden sold 45k in 2018, pretty sure LM aren't as strong at album sales

Little Mix did 56,840 first week sales with their LM5 in 2018. (And that "only" got them to #3.) so... Kylie better do signed copies now. 

Edited by Paddy
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Little Mix did 56,840 first week sales with their LM5 in 2018. (And that "only" got them to #3.) so... Kylie better do signed copies now. 

The thing is, they did 57k coming from the juggernaut that was Glory Days (debuted with almost 100k and sold past a million copies) and Kylie was coming from the low key debuts of Kiss Me Once and Kylie Christmas (29k and 15k? With both selling in total 90k and 150k). 

DISCO could most definitely debut with more than Golden and Little Mix with less than what they did with LM5.

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

The thing is, they did 57k coming from the juggernaut that was Glory Days (debuted with almost 100k and sold past a million copies) and Kylie was coming from the low key debuts of Kiss Me Once and Kylie Christmas (29k and 15k? With both selling in total 90k and 150k). 

DISCO could most definitely debut with more than Golden and Little Mix with less than what they did with LM5.

I hope so. Trust me, I want Kylie to have the #1 but it's an unwanted competition for her surely. I don't follow LM so I don't know how strong their fan base is, but I also wouldn't be too relaxed. I hope you're right, I still think Golden was stronger era since day one and Dancing did better then SS.

I'll just hope that Kylie's team will come up with some other physical item, maybe a PD, so I can order a copy. haha. 

Yea it's weird they've only done 1 cassette so far....she should follow the route of recent releases and do like 5, I'd buy them!

OT- So excited for this

HonourableVomit
4 hours ago, Paddy said:

I hope so. Trust me, I want Kylie to have the #1 but it's an unwanted competition for her surely. I don't follow LM so I don't know how strong their fan base is, but I also wouldn't be too relaxed. I hope you're right, I still think Golden was stronger era since day one and Dancing did better then SS.

I'll just hope that Kylie's team will come up with some other physical item, maybe a PD, so I can order a copy. haha. 

SBIT did a similar debut to Golden right? And it had no new songs. It had high profile festival performances but still, I think public image of Kylie is very good right now and if she can get some effective promotion in closer to the album date she should be fine.

Also

may she deliver a bop this hard :jonny5:

3 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

SBIT did a similar debut to Golden right? And it had no new songs. It had high profile festival performances but still, I think public image of Kylie is very good right now and if she can get some effective promotion in closer to the album date she should be fine.

SBIT debuted with 31,980.

I'm sure her team has planned plenty of promo closer to the release I just hope it won't be a photo finish with LM and if then I hope Kylie is going to be the winner. 

They should do rerun of her Glasto on the tv few days before the release and have Disco ads all over it. Glasto always boosts up sales so much. The Killers sales went up by 323% and Stormzy like 234% and The Cures greatest hits were boosted by 253% all after Glasto.